Pages:
Author

Topic: Memecoins Thriving in 2024: Should We Embrace More Crypto Fun? - page 2. (Read 245 times)

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Meme-coins like Pepe, Shiba Inu (SHIB), Floki, and Dogecoin (DOGE) have been thriving in 2024, riding a wave of hype and community momentum. This meme-coin craze is fascinating and entertaining, capturing the spirit of crypto with meme-inspired branding and dedicated communities.

However, I can't help but feel like we need more meme mania in the crypto space! These meme-coins have proven they can captivate investors and enthusiasts. Imagine if more platforms and projects embraced memes, hosting contests and challenges for the ultimate meme maniacs. It could engage communities, spark creativity, and even discover the next big memecoin sensation.
It's the opposite for me that we need to have the actual thing in the market the typical way wherein most projects are seen to be just like the excess in the market. But with all of these meme coins mania, they can't be stopped and investors will always flock to them looking at the greater gains that they may have with them.

So with this, I'd like to ask. Have you come across any meme contests lately?
No.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
Shouldn’t be too hard to do what you just have mentioned as with memecoins they often have a community already hence the reason why they got established in the first place. I have seen different kinds of contests and challenges but not something that is related into memes specifically.

It would be interesting and I’m pretty sure would invite more investors in.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
While most memecoins lack real use cases, they seem to thrive more than other crypto projects with genuine applications. I believe many are driven by the desire for profit, willing to take risks even with highly speculative investments like memecoins.
Hype is what gives Memes their value. People like hype and anything that promises them mouth watery benefits. That's what memes promise. Those who get in early at several zeros easily make unbelievable profits and that drives their greed to participate in the next meme project and also in the next, it goes on like that. In 2021, I invested around $50 in a memecoin that that gave me over $5k. It was like a dream. Sadly, greed didn't allow me take profit until it went down significantly. We're having a repeat of massive gain for alts this season like we had in 2018. Everyone should position and take advantage of that.

Currently, I'm trying my luck by joining meme contests on X (twitter), hoping to win some memecoins.
Twitter is the main place to catch airdrops and fresh projects but one has to be extremely careful not to get scammed.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041

Its the purpose of memecoins they say, it's to make people engage and just bring more people into crypto with just a bit of knowledge about it or the market. Something fun to post on social media to get shares and likes.

SHIB went more than 200% in a week is such a massive increment in its price. Doge unnoticed since the beginning of this year but suddenly jumps to $0.18. The users who once regretted selling their doge will once gain regret it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
among the meme coins written above yesterday shiba inu experienced a very high price increase. among the coins written above. shiba inu yesterday rose to a price above 0.000004. although it is still far from the ATH price of shiba inu.
What we need to understand is that we need to keep investing in meme coins so we make profits with the market trend.
The price of Bitcoin keeps going bullish and it time for us to utilize the opportunity and invest in good meme coins that can give us the kind of profits that we are looking for. This is one of the best time for us to invest in. Crypto if we missed investing during the bear market.
We can make money in the market and all we have to do is to keep investing.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
The rise of the meme narratives project is an indication of a possible market correction. From the last season we have seen before any major correction meme project started pumping and recently the same thing happened. There is a large community that supports meme projects due to their insane financial returns but they also admit that meme projects don't have any value and are often used to scam people. Most of the popular meme coin is using any influential person in their back to get community trust because investors don't want to invest in a meme project that is created by any random guy.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I understand having more fun with investment, hell it started like that for bitcoin as well so I totally understand it. But, remember that there is nothing to take serious with meme projects, so when you are investing, do not invest all of your money into it. Even if you throw in a small amount, you can still have fun with it, there is no need to put 100% of your portfolio into them.

I respect the decision to just make fun of the markets by investing into something silly, that is a good decision and I have my respects towards that decision, but if you end up risking way too much, then I think that would not be a smart decision at all, it would actually be a quite bad decision in the end. So, protect yourself from "too much" fun.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
I think what happend today about memecoin trend is just FOMO from whale that make somethink seen so fantastic. I see so many meme project make event on twitter and share their gift. And every one race for that gift and share chance of winning. May be I interested to join to their project and get some reward. But I will think again to invest on meme. Because it’s so much risk to hold memecoin. I think memecoin not have strong base for stand. I have interested when every one said Doge will go to hight couse Musk tweet, but than I lose some money on hold it. And that make me stay away from memes.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 292
(...)So with this, I'd like to ask. Have you come across any meme contests lately?

In addition to the cryptos you mentioned, the list I'm interested in is only $DOGE, $MEME

With memecoin, accepting the loss of money rather than thinking about quick profit opportunities (that's the strategy I apply), usually I will lock in capital and save the profits and watch their play. Even though I know that Ponzi nature exists in this segment, I accept from the beginning the worst situation. The recent FOMO with memecoins, in my opinion, is just a form of attracting a wave of liquidity for whales and the result is Indeed, we have seen strong fluctuations in the past few hours.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
Meme-coins like Pepe, Shiba Inu (SHIB), Floki, and Dogecoin (DOGE) have been thriving in 2024, riding a wave of hype and community momentum. This meme-coin craze is fascinating and entertaining, capturing the spirit of crypto with meme-inspired branding and dedicated communities.

However, I can't help but feel like we need more meme mania in the crypto space! These meme-coins have proven they can captivate investors and enthusiasts. Imagine if more platforms and projects embraced memes, hosting contests and challenges for the ultimate meme maniacs. It could engage communities, spark creativity, and even discover the next big memecoin sensation.

We already have enough meme coins and if anything we have too many of them already, and even if more were created this does not mean anything, since more meme coins on the market will not bring more money to those projects, the investors that have the intent on taking their chances with those coins do not need to be convinced to do this, and more coins will in fact just become a hindrance, since now they have to do their due diligence on even more projects to find one they may like.
Activity: 1365
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

While most memecoins lack real use cases, they seem to thrive more than other crypto projects with genuine applications. I believe many are driven by the desire for profit, willing to take risks even with highly speculative investments like memecoins. Currently, I'm trying my luck by joining meme contests on X (twitter), hoping to win some memecoins.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

You are posting this thread after the craze is gone and there is major correction in last 24 hours in these meme coins. They are picking up again in last one hour but with so many fluctuations, it is very hard for a normal investor to make money. Whales who have much larger funds at their disposal can handle these fluctuations better and will go away with all the major chunk of profits.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
Meme contest? Like a reward type event. Not sure though but I am degen on some memecoins but unfortunately maybe my luck wasnt good. But of course I am still trying to rely on my guts to win some good memecoin or should I say earned from it. Memecoin is a risky gamble but if you able to choose invested a good project or meme then surely the gains would be sky high.
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
It is the community that is again helping these meme coins to trend in the market. None of them have any real use case but they are hyped through good marketing and get investors who are looking for high returns in short period. I think they will continue to dominate this year bull run. I am expecting another surge of new memecoins before the year ends. Some of those would be created to scam investors and some of them will genuinely rule the market.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
among the meme coins written above yesterday shiba inu experienced a very high price increase. among the coins written above. shiba inu yesterday rose to a price above 0.000004. although it is still far from the ATH price of shiba inu.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
In the world of cryptocurrencies, the idea of meme coins has grown in popularity due to their active community involvement, humor, and impressive financial returns.
For me, meme coins will stay and some meme coins will have different purposes like scamming people, and will just make money off it.
We just need to be careful because what I can see in new meme coins or even old, it is high risk, high reward.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: