Pages:
Author

Topic: mempool 70k+ and growing fast. - page 2. (Read 1366 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
April 28, 2017, 05:56:31 PM
this spam attack seems to be working...i have had a couple of transactions fall off and viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ keeps notifying me that transaction does not exist
Ditto here; I'm waiting for some bitcoin to make it over to my wallet...and it's been jammed up in the network for about 2 days.  viabtc wouldn't let me enter the tx id in there, either.  It kind of sucks when a small group of people can do this to the network.  You sound like you have a reasonable suggestion, but I'm not technical-minded enough to understand it.  It would be nice if the people who DO understand the technicals would get some consensus and fix the problem.

There's nothing stopping either of you from learning how it works, it's sort of crazy to get involved in something like this and let everyone else do the thinking for you. And FYI, Zicadis has zero clue, adding more pools (or more mining hashrate in general) makes negligible difference to the speed that transactions get processed. If you don't know what you're talking about, please, either learn, or be quiet.
You can't stop people who do not have any technical expertise from chiming in with their comments. At least the guy was upfront, saying that he isn't 'technical-minded enough', his main point was that he wants people to reach consensus and fix the problem.

Which isn't a bad comment in my opinion!

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
April 28, 2017, 05:27:07 PM
this spam attack seems to be working...i have had a couple of transactions fall off and viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ keeps notifying me that transaction does not exist
Ditto here; I'm waiting for some bitcoin to make it over to my wallet...and it's been jammed up in the network for about 2 days.  viabtc wouldn't let me enter the tx id in there, either.  It kind of sucks when a small group of people can do this to the network.  You sound like you have a reasonable suggestion, but I'm not technical-minded enough to understand it.  It would be nice if the people who DO understand the technicals would get some consensus and fix the problem.

There's nothing stopping either of you from learning how it works, it's sort of crazy to get involved in something like this and let everyone else do the thinking for you. And FYI, Zicadis has zero clue, adding more pools (or more mining hashrate in general) makes negligible difference to the speed that transactions get processed. If you don't know what you're talking about, please, either learn, or be quiet.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
April 28, 2017, 04:41:39 PM
This another spam attack? Looks like it started 4 days ago. http://statoshi.info/dashboard/db/transactions
Ditto here; I'm waiting for some bitcoin to make it over to my wallet...and it's been jammed up in the network for about 2 days.  viabtc wouldn't let me enter the tx id in there, either.  It kind of sucks when a small group of people can do this to the network.  You sound like you have a reasonable suggestion, but I'm not technical-minded enough to understand it.  It would be nice if the people who DO understand the technicals would get some consensus and fix the problem.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
April 28, 2017, 04:38:19 PM
This another spam attack? Looks like it started 4 days ago. http://statoshi.info/dashboard/db/transactions

perhaps its time to make some improvements on the bitcoin network to speed up things
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Just out of curiosity with such huge backlogs why dont we have more mining pools created to help alleviate this tx problem we facing Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
April 28, 2017, 03:42:12 PM
Pages:
Jump to: