Pages:
Author

Topic: Mental barrier stops from buying BTC - page 3. (Read 3720 times)

Activity: 719
Merit: 250
October 12, 2017, 06:54:21 PM
Theres been periods with a lot of FUD going on and the price has dropped drastically.
Honestly theres so much money invest in it and real collaborations between big companies and governments, the fear of that
price dropping back to nothing is gone.

Thats the one mental barriers spreading fud news others stops from buying. But when we look at the price of btc now its currently soaring high. Actually thats a normal situation and it depends on you if taking a risks. Anyway bitcoin is the best investment.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 12, 2017, 06:10:52 PM
Theres been periods with a lot of FUD going on and the price has dropped drastically.
Honestly theres so much money invest in it and real collaborations between big companies and governments, the fear of that
price dropping back to nothing is gone.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
October 12, 2017, 10:10:28 AM
Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
Risk and fear are the two main mental barriers. It's totally normal to have a certain amount of tension that the prices of bitcoin might plunge down a bit. But that shouldn't stop anyone from investing into bitcoin which can make you a prosperous person with it's benefits. I deal with it by not putting all my savings into bitcoin, and keeping faith in cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
October 12, 2017, 08:32:14 AM
That is what i always feel when i don't have bitcoin but i want to buy some. It stops me from buying a lot of bitcoins because it makes me think that bitcoin is not a stable currency and it will fall after a pump because that is the nature of being volatile and i deal with it by just thinking that if i want to be safe then i need to put it on long term just to make sure that i am not going to lose any of my fiat investment.
Think positively and invest in bitcoin as much as you can because upcoming era will be of bitcoin and everyone will use bitcoin and at that time prices will be at top and there will be difficult to afford such prices, it will give you benefits in future and will allow you to secure god profit and also to raise living standards as well so without hesitation invest.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2017, 11:00:43 PM
You should have invested by the time it dumps. If you saw the price going down then that's the time. Also, you can't be waiting the price to go down much lower than it does since you should know that no matter you brought it cheap or expensive since in the long run it would be much more expensive like new highs and lows. The highs that we know today might be the new lows in the future.
Activity: 631
Merit: 253
October 11, 2017, 10:59:33 PM
This thing is usually common among people around here, and it is no surprise that some would also suffer from this kinds of problems. Sad to say that I am also one of these people also, but it was a long time ago, and after i did that mistake i didn't want it to happen again,and actually i kinda regret that i didn't care when it was around $1k at that time, and as i look back at those old days i felt down, but what else can i do? what's done is done, so better change the mindset than never.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
October 11, 2017, 10:53:43 PM
Invest what you can afford to loose, it is easier said than done. there is a risk involve in any form of investment but that risk this is calculated and that's what we called "calculated risk". Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt or the "FUD" is what telling your mind to stop buying  BTC. Anytime is the right time to buy BTC as long as you can afford it a accept to take the risk. So act now if you want to stay ahead it is not too late to buy bitcoin and the best way to get ahead is to get started . If it is not today, when ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 11, 2017, 02:11:40 PM
Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?

Yes , that is common for every one when we are about to buy bitcoin. There's a lot of wary and questions rises in our mind. other worry are  bitcoin wallet security(Tendency to hack my bitcoin wallet address by someone)  and not legit bitcoin seller site.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
October 11, 2017, 12:50:32 PM
I think the barriers are

fear - the fear that their money will be lost when the prices are hitting low

expectation - people create a situation where they are proud that they are earning high on bitcoin but when its volatility is on its way and the prices are running low this could become a tragedy
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
October 11, 2017, 12:50:29 PM
Every individual has its own decision making.  When it comes to bitcoin, people would think of possible effect if they buy or not.  We are sometimes scared of it.  Theresa always a psychological effect to all of us

People obviously think how will they be able to earn on their investments. So that is obvious that before they put or invest in these currency, they will review or know it first. Make a research or ask about it, investors tend to make a good prediction because they are used to that kind of business unloke people who just hope for it to pump.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
October 11, 2017, 12:39:03 PM

Every individual has its own decision making.  When it comes to bitcoin, people would think of possible effect if they buy or not.  We are sometimes scared of it.  Theresa always a psychological effect to all of us

Indeed the psychology plays a great role in the investment whether it's simple or big or anything miscellaneous. But it always decides the faith if we are not strong enough to deal with it. I can surely say this because being in the crypto since long time i have myself made very little moves in the long term while investing into bitcoin because I always relied on the emotional decisions. Those are not good but sometimes rarely they are important too. So always make investment which you think is worth doing and profitable. Just making investment  against the mind is also not good because you will be always in ambiguity whether you made mistake or you made right decision.

Another reason people may panic is the fact that bitcoin isn't really integrated in our society. Not a lot of people have heard of bitcoin but those who have don't really see the potential nor the value and would probably advise against it (I'm talking out of experience). So when bitcoin drops one might start thinking everybody is right that bitcoin only has speculative value etc.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
October 11, 2017, 12:24:40 PM

Indeed the psychology plays a great role in the investment whether it's simple or big or anything miscellaneous. But it always decides the faith if we are not strong enough to deal with it. I can surely say this because being in the crypto since long time i have myself made very little moves in the long term while investing into bitcoin because I always relied on the emotional decisions. Those are not good but sometimes rarely they are important too. So always make investment which you think is worth doing and profitable. Just making investment  against the mind is also not good because you will be always in ambiguity whether you made mistake or you made right decision.

These emotions do normally pop out everytime we do engage into a particular thing specially when we do know that it involves money.Our mind do really easily react on it and together with the emotion would affect our decisions because its normal that we do feel of fear on losing money which would really either have doubts on our actions specially on trading or investing into bitcoin itself but yet these kind of doubts or mental barrier would be possibly be controlled specially when we are already experienced on any situations we do face already.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
October 11, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
October 11, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
That is what i always feel when i don't have bitcoin but i want to buy some. It stops me from buying a lot of bitcoins because it makes me think that bitcoin is not a stable currency and it will fall after a pump because that is the nature of being volatile and i deal with it by just thinking that if i want to be safe then i need to put it on long term just to make sure that i am not going to lose any of my fiat investment.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
October 11, 2017, 04:57:55 AM
Nobody can tell when to enter a market.  I believe the right thing to do if you want to earn profit in the the future is to invest now--don't wait for it's price to go lower because it won't. Even right now many countries are missing in action,  what more if they were to join the cryptocurrency revolution?
Activity: 462
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 11, 2017, 04:41:35 AM
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
October 11, 2017, 04:07:16 AM
I cant say there is such an exact timing to buy. I think when opportunity knocks you should always be prepared and grab it. It is given changes is always happening at all times. If your instinct told you to buy then follow it. Take risk eventually this business is all about it.
This is just a game of taking risk. If you want to earn something good, then you have to invest and buy Bitcoins sooner or later. You have to believe in yourself and you need to make wise decision. I think studying if charts can help you a lot in this manner and can solve your problem to a significant level.
Exactly! Moreover, life is all about risk and we take huge risks every single day. Fear is what usually make people to take decisions until they either miss out or they end up panicking on a little trend. Bitcoin has been known to always bounce back and it does not matter at any stage, since what matters is that you are still an early adopter and you will definitely get back more as long as the support keeps going on. Don't regret your actions as long as you cannot change them.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
October 10, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
The problem that I see in here is that people often think bad things when they have a shot at something cheap may it be stocks or cryptocurrency. They will think that it is still not the right time to buy or it will still continue to fall, and somewhere between along those lines. And as soon as the price goes up they will feel regret after and the worst part at this level people who did not bought when it was cheap are people who are buying now. To keep it short people are scared to lose their own money and they often do bad things when they missed their golden opportunity.
Activity: 336
October 10, 2017, 11:33:03 AM
I think that there are many such people, but I decided to buy coins when I have money and with patience to wait for the price to rise in order to get a good profit.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
October 10, 2017, 11:30:16 AM
Bitcoin cannot be truly stopped without a global catastrophe that wipes out pretty much all electricity on the planet.
There are many things which could cause the value of Bitcoin to decrease; but it is nearly impossible for Bitcoin to be completely stopped.
In my opinion the way to hurt Bitcoin the most would be to buy an enormous amount and artificially sustain the price at ridiculous levels; get mining difficulty insanely high; and then unload your coins. If the market crashes enough miners will be unprofitable and shut down; causing blocks to not be processed.
However it would be possible in such an emergency scenario to hard-fork Bitcoin to lower the difficulty. So an attack like this would cost billions and there is no guarantee Bitcoin wouldn't just route around it.
Even if this scenario is to play out like you have mentioned which I am not depicting the fact that the result will end up as such but at this stage it will be hard for anyone to just buy an enormous amount right now and unload all of a sudden cause that itself will cause the individual a whole lot. However, like you said, there will always be a way out even if such scenario happens.
Pages:
Jump to: