Pages:
Author

Topic: Merge Mining Scrypt Coins - Get 4 times your hash power! DOGE/LTC/DGC/CAT/42 - page 3. (Read 5876 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake
heres a bit more information https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

I currently have a rig pointed at them for DOGE and LTC and all secondary except ORG I am working on compiling an org wallet since that is what the pool is mostly finding since the network hash of the other coins is relatively high.

If we can get more people on this pool it is by far the best way to mine, much more efficient when your incorrect hashes can be correct on another chain. Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Huntercoin should be on top of the list of main chains. Its a coin that is grossly undervalued and I don't understand why.

Can you better explain how this pool works?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
Huntercoin should be on top of the list of main chains. Its a coin that is grossly undervalued and I don't understand why.

How is this possible?

Can anyone explain how this works?

It sounds a little too good to be true and you know what they say about that.

Well if I understand correctly. The hashes that are being created by your miner to solve a block for say the LTC chain, may also solve a block for one of the secondary blockchains because the chains are compatible.

This is my very simple understanding of it.

Okay thanks. I will experiment on this with one of my rigs tonight.  I'm still a bit confused though.  
Activity: 112
How is this possible?

Well if I understand correctly. The hashes that are being created by your miner to solve a block for say the LTC chain, may also solve a block for one of the secondary blockchains because the chains are compatible.

I'm just a noob but that don't sound right, I thought a block contained transactions, if that's right, how can it be compatible with other chains ?
How is this possible?

How is this possible?

Hello I have come across this pool and it seem like it should have far more power considering what it is.

http://manicminer.in

This is a merge mining scrypt pool.

At the moment you can mine 9 different coins at the same time, but here is a little breakdown of how it works.

The pool has 2 types of coins.

Coins they consider main chains, and coins they consider secondary chains.

This is how they explain it on their website.

Real power for 1Mhs
Coin    Power
DOGE    333 Khs
LTC    166 Khs
DGC    166 Khs
42    166 Khs
CAT    166 Khs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

As you can see your hash power will be split up between the main coins, but you will put forth full power at the other chains. BUT what is even better is you do not need to mine every coin.

Say you normally mine Doge coin. You can choose not to mine the other main chain coins if you would like so it would be more like this.

DOGE  1 Mhs
HUC    1 Mhs
ORG    1 Mhs
PTC    1 Mhs
USC    1 Mhs

How to Start.

1. Sign up at manicminer.in
2. Click on "Your Account" in the top left and click your username from the dropdown.
3. Enter your addresses for the coins you would like to mine. I suggest making an address for all the secondary coins. As for main coins I would only put the coins you would like to mine as your hash is split up between the main coins.
4. Add your workers on the same page as you added the coins.
5. Click "Info" on the left side and click "Instructions"
6. This will tell you the URL and credentials to use for your miner.

Main coins
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Digitalcoin
42coin
Catcoin

Secondary Coins - Full power all the time
Huntercoin
United Scrypt Coin
Orgcoin
Pesetacoin

So if you are a person who normally mines litecoin, dogecoin, digitalcoin, catcoin, or 42 coin then this is a no brainer to use this pool.
You basically will get up to 4 times your hash power.

SOOOOOO,

Lets promote this pool guys and gals. Scrypt merge mining is power saving and more profitable than normal mining.

ANNNNND

It uses p2pool for many of the coins so you do not need to worry about giant pool hashrates messing with the network.

Happy mining.

http://manicminer.in
Pages:
Jump to: