Pages:
Author

Topic: "Merit" effect on Negative Trust - page 2. (Read 766 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
January 25, 2018, 06:17:03 PM
That's partially why I sped up work on merit. I don't agree with using the trust system for pure spam; that's not what it was designed for.
Activity: 224
Merit: 61
January 25, 2018, 05:14:51 PM
Yes, but only as a side effect of merit. I think actmyname and The Pharmacist are the only ones really leaving negative trust on the DT network to spammers, and actmyname has stated that he will review people who request it and remove the negative trust if he feels it's needed. I don't know if The Pharmacist has said anything, but I'd expect them to be reasonable and forgiving, if the user has actually improved.
I am also thinking of, if the person who got a negative trust in the past got reasonsble amount of merits, since merits are acquired through the quality of our posts, will it not be contradictory to the fact that he got negative trust for shitposting? Or will there be a chance that his red trust be lost because of merits he gained for quality posts this time?
I think for the users who've got negative trust for shitposting deserve a second chance to improve their post quality and I believe the new merit system could help those people to delete this negative trust ,  I have a suggestion to theymos :
- How about making a new rule for negative trusted users ,if they manage to get the merit amount to rank up then their negative trust will be removed , this will be a stimulating thing for them to improve the quality of their posts and reduce spammers .
Anyway I think everybody deserve a second chance not just wait for actmyname or the pharmacist to rewiw their posts and get forgiveness from them
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
January 25, 2018, 04:46:11 PM
Yes, but only as a side effect of merit. I think actmyname and The Pharmacist are the only ones really leaving negative trust on the DT network to spammers, and actmyname has stated that he will review people who request it and remove the negative trust if he feels it's needed. I don't know if The Pharmacist has said anything, but I'd expect them to be reasonable and forgiving, if the user has actually improved.
I am also thinking of, if the person who got a negative trust in the past got reasonsble amount of merits, since merits are acquired through the quality of our posts, will it not be contradictory to the fact that he got negative trust for shitposting? Or will there be a chance that his red trust be lost because of merits he gained for quality posts this time?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
January 25, 2018, 12:28:49 PM
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
January 25, 2018, 12:21:08 PM
Now that "Merit" has been introduced into the forum in other to encourage high quality posts of members, would that have any positive effect on members who might have received negative trust as a result of shitpost and not scam accusation? Particularly if they receive "Merit" on their current post base on the high quality as compared to what their post use to be in the past.
Pages:
Jump to: