Pages:
Author

Topic: merit is GARBAGE - page 2. (Read 638 times)

Activity: 816
Merit: 133
March 02, 2018, 11:33:59 AM
Haha, This one is probably an alt of a bitter poster that can't rank up due to this new system or whatsoever. Well, Definitely this user is a close-minded person. That He/she can't see through the good benefit that the new system can bring to the whole community.

A lot of users here can't appreciate the beauty of this merit system. Yes, It's hard to rank up, and not all people will truly appreciate your posts but the thing is some make this system as a burden for them which relatively wrong. Why not make this system as a challenge, to improve your skills and knowledge.

Before saying "merit is a Garbage" try to look at yourself first. If you can't fit with the new system then, who's the garbage now?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 02, 2018, 11:08:53 AM
Topic's creator is shitty-poster, scammers, merit hunters/ beggars. Due to all those things, he/she didn't deserve to get any merit point regardless this guy change attitude and start contributing to the forum with relevant topics and constructive, high quality threads. Over time, if this guy continuously doing those great things (of course, take time, energy, and efforts for learning more, brainstorming before writing), merit points will sometime come to the account as rewards for deserved topics/ threads.

If he keep doing current things (moaning, crying, complaining about drawbacks of merit system), he won't get any merit, won't get forever.
Activity: 196
March 02, 2018, 07:55:46 AM
mate...what the hell wrong with you?
you dont know about it .ok fine....doesnt mean its garbage.
booooooo on your post
Activity: 84
Merit: 12
February 27, 2018, 04:09:23 PM
The true meaning to merit comes when you truly obey contributing quality posts. The merit should be done when the post is really worth giving merit. I do accept that every post we make is worth meriting. But its appreciated and more welcomed when one in 3 posts are really a quality one and the rest is not really spaming ones. Its really possible to make when one really takes time analysing and collecting data needed for the concern post. We can do it guys. Lets support.

You are very much right about this especially in case of new members. Newbies just need 10 merit points and they have got 60 posts for this. This means that if they post just one constructive post for every 6 posts, they will make it to next level. In fact, I have seen members getting all 10 merit points for just a single thread/response. This is not that hard to achieve, one just needs to carefully observe the sections and posts getting merits and then replicate the same.
Activity: 826
Merit: 111
February 27, 2018, 03:39:32 PM
The true meaning to merit comes when you truly obey contributing quality posts. The merit should be done when the post is really worth giving merit. I do accept that every post we make is worth meriting. But its appreciated and more welcomed when one in 3 posts are really a quality one and the rest is not really spaming ones. Its really possible to make when one really takes time analysing and collecting data needed for the concern post. We can do it guys. Lets support.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
February 27, 2018, 03:16:12 PM

In most cases old posts are more valuable than current ones. old scams like piraet, asicminer and labcoin. Posts about the 2011 price rise to 30. Lazlo and the worlds most expensive pizza, mike and the cas coins, max and his first kialara, HODL.. there are many more, but without those posts where would we be today?

Of course that is true, and part of the reason it is true is that some of those members have left the forum, or only post infrequently.

My point is that merit is for the future, and not for the past, but of course that is just a personal ( and apparently unpopular ) opinion. Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
February 27, 2018, 03:14:11 PM
WTF? is this a benefit of merit system?
Such garbage comments get merit, whereas many comments are very useful but do not get any merit.
please answer.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4023047

Just giving one example which might be an exception. Did you forgot about hundreds of helpful posts being made by members here after the new merit system. Also, there is no point in criticizing the new system as all members have already accepted it and moved on. For instance, it is being used a selection criteria in all the new signature campaigns. However, if you some suggestion to improve this, you are more than welcome.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
February 27, 2018, 02:26:31 PM
You have my vote!!!! I wish I could give you merit for this one but I don't have enough quantity. Well giving merit is also based on what the readers feel, sometimes they find it amusing when there is no wrong giving one to the joker isn't it? Some post doesn't have enough quality but they have their own charisma to attract readers to give merit to them.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
February 27, 2018, 02:15:37 PM
Such garbage comments get merit, whereas many comments are very useful but do not get any merit.
please answer.

Things has change and we must adapt even for worst /unfair case as long as most people have no problem with merit system, the system will keep go on or even advance in order to combat spammer for better quality of post.

When I saw old Legendary member got merit, they deserve it !
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
February 27, 2018, 02:12:54 PM
My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.

I disagree.  Old posts can be just as valuable as new ones.

In most cases old posts are more valuable than current ones. old scams like piraet, asicminer and labcoin. Posts about the 2011 price rise to 30. Lazlo and the worlds most expensive pizza, mike and the cas coins, max and his first kialara, HODL.. there are many more, but without those posts where would we be today?
legendary
February 27, 2018, 01:12:33 PM
My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.

I don't dispute that, and there are some threads that every person with an interest in Bitcoin should read, even if they are a few years old.

I think it comes down to a personal view of the purpose of the merit system. My view is that it was introduced to encourage members to make valuable and useful posts. If this is the case, then awarding merit to members like Satoshi is really just a waste of merit. Also, it is obviously discouraging for some members to see these necro-awards when they aren't getting any awards for their posts.

I don't think that necro-awards are the biggest problem though. Awards given to semi-literate posters for garbled messages just so that they can rank up, and then post more to promote some indifferent sig campaign, are far more of a problem in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
February 27, 2018, 01:06:50 PM
You are garbage. /thread

I disagree.  Old posts can be just as valuable as new ones.
This.
Activity: 14
February 27, 2018, 01:04:36 PM
please answer.

Merit is not a garbage but maybe the shitposters. Buddy you should not judge the good system just because someone is abusing it. If you are acting like that, you too becomes a  garbage by being ignorant of handling the truth you discovered from the abusers.

I can barely understand your English.

Also, 'all hail the good system for it shows us the truth!' - spoken like a true cult leader.

Here's a little advice, don't add informal words like 'buddy' when talking from an authoritarian stance. It just sounds funny  Grin
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 27, 2018, 12:56:10 PM

Activity: 12
February 27, 2018, 12:55:51 PM
please answer.

Merit is not a garbage but maybe the shitposters. Buddy you should not judge the good system just because someone is abusing it. If you are acting like that, you too becomes a  garbage by being ignorant of handling the truth you discovered from the abusers.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
February 27, 2018, 12:49:28 PM
I got caught out by commenting on those merits. My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.

That should be decided on community members only.
But I think when every nation preserves its  heritage, then it is ok here also.
If article is old it does not mean it is not worthy and merits system is for awarding worthy post.

legendary
February 27, 2018, 12:28:51 PM
I got caught out by commenting on those merits. My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
February 27, 2018, 12:02:54 PM
Please stop spamming meta board with un-necessary topic. I found two interesting things after reading your OP and spend a couple of minutes to check some more.
1. Your post history shows that most of your threads are shitty posts.
2. Your discovery is interesting. In the linked threads, there are several Legendary members who abused merit system. I don't know why because Legendary actually don't need merit. I guess they are simply trolling.

My recommendation for you is you should publish your discovery there:
Users that are abusing merit system.
Activity: 935
Merit: 105
February 27, 2018, 11:53:15 AM
please answer.

You are witnessing the first use of one of the most popular word of 21st century.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
February 27, 2018, 11:35:28 AM
please answer.

Would you rather have your posts merited than the one you linked up to? Base on your post history, yours is what we call garbage posts. You mainly posts on the Off-Topic board which has really no relevance to Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies and it just shows how clueless you are about how this forum works.
Better start staying on threads that really matter so that you will realize why such comments even get merited.
Pages:
Jump to: