Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit Stat from theymos data - page 2. (Read 1440 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 274
March 07, 2018, 11:39:51 AM
I create these charts based on the post of theymos seeking for further analysis of data.

Here you go: https://bitcointalk.org/merit.txt.xz

Similar to trust.txt.xz, it'll be updated weekly. It will show only the last 120 days of data; someone else should archive the old ones if you want them.

I am especially interested in analyses of this data which could point to sub-communities where the initial sMerit is exhausted, and new sources are necessary, and people who might be good merit sources.

Edit: Note that for a little while I had user_to and user_from as names, but I decided to change it to IDs.

I do hope that these charts will give further information about the Merit System. Unlike before, I try to provide my analysis based on the following chart; It will great if intelligent forum members out there could further explain these charts and give review if ever I missed something.
Before anything else, the rank is based on February 27 rankings.

The first chart is all about sMerit send by a group of users from January 24 to March 1; it clearly shows that more people are excited to use their sMerit two days after its implementation. Legendary top at sending Merits this is due to the fact that they have more sMerit than the lower ranks. But there are days (8 days) which Hero Members gave most Merits than Legendary, this is synonymous with Full Member and Sr. Member; which there are 16 days Full Member sent most of sMerit than Sr. Member.

But as time goes by, these sMerits have been exhausted, or people gradually slow down in giving sMerits. Let’s take for example the Legendary members who give a total of 3,131 sMerits on Jan 25 down to a total of 233 on March 1 which is 97% decrease. Below is the table of sMerit sent decrease per rank:

It is notable that Hero Member decreases their rate of giving sMerit at almost 98%, while on the other hand Jr. Members only decline by nearly 94%. Maybe because of Jr. Members are not given sMerit to share with others. The results seem disturbing that is why I created this second graph which shows the Moving Average of sMerit since its inception.

The graph shows that the Average sMerit gradually decreases day by day. The highest moving average (6,796) peaked at Jan 25 while the lowest (2,394) is marked on March 1. From Jan 30 to Feb 13 the average decline between five to three percent (5-3%) per day. Moreover, on Feb 14 to March 1, the average decline per day shift between two or one percent (2-1%). These indicate that sending sMerit is pretty much stable enough or there are lacking sMerit to send. If the latter is right and the decrease remains at 2%, the theoretical moving average 1 sMerit per day will be reach on March 2, 2019.

After seeing the continuous decline, I go back to the data and check what could be the cause and possible solution to negate the phenomenon. Thus, I chart all the senders, and these is what I see.

The chart shows that most of the sMerit sent came from the Legendary, and the least came from the Administrator. If you are thinking that the Administrator is not sending enough, you should probably ask the question, how many Administrator are there? Thus, I counted the unique account for each rank or position and ended up this table below:

The table shows that the Administrators are working hard to send sMerit to the forum members. They are the most generous sMerit givers followed by the Staffs. However, I have found that people in a Member rank send sMerit less than for those who are in Jr. and Newbie rank. This could indicate that they are saving their sMerits. And I just though that, I am one of them. Lol. And by the way, just round up those average to represent actual sMerit.

The next question that runs in my mind is the time most of the sMerit were given.

The chart shows that most of the sMerits are given during 8 AM up to 12 PM forum time. It is 16 hours long of sMerit giving, which peaked during 3 PM and plunge during 4 AM. Do this mean forum member from Western give most of the credits compare to Southern? I think more demographic info of users could draw a conclusion in this matter.

I also tried to figure out which day of a week got the most number of sMerit

The chart shows that most of the sMerit are sent during Thursday and Friday; This increase is probably the effect of the two days sMerit sending frenzy (Jan 25 & Jan 26).

I hope this post helps, comments and suggestion are very more welcome.

Pages:
Jump to: