Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit system has lead to more quality posts? - page 2. (Read 496 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
December 23, 2018, 05:54:47 AM
Let's just say that we've cut off some tentacles of the octopus. The problem here is that we are only cutting out its tentacles but it cannot still prevent from making new octopus babies which leads to another  huge sucking octopus sooner or later.
copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
December 23, 2018, 05:37:47 AM
Merit system is working but more has to be done, I still feel merit distribution to substantial posts is still very limited.
Account farmers and spammers are making us legit users suffer for nothing

Most high ranking members and merit sources see low ranking members as people who are useless and are just in here for only money
But let's be honest, who doesn't need money? 😁

~snip~
🤣🤣🤣 Cryptohunter please don't let me choke with laughter
What's going on?
I think am too late.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
December 23, 2018, 04:35:18 AM

The merit system is very useful but we just need to leverage the power of it a little more.

You can learn lot's of stuff here still. I learned about scare quotes just the other day. These are like magic. You can use them to get people red trust or just mutate anything they didn't say into a ban if you are lucky.

Now the best idea would be scrap merit and ban all sigs. Sadly NO WAY IN HELL THE PHARMACIST WILL POST WITHOUT GETTING PAID.
He has told me that in no uncertain terms.

Only noobs must not spam for bucks.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
December 23, 2018, 03:44:08 AM
I have multiple entire sections on ignore, not to mention my extensive individual member ignore list, so I'd say the problem is still pretty bad.

When the merit system was rolled out in January, it definitely seemed like a lot of people were trying to improve their post quality, but since then it seems like the shitposting problem has returned (it never disappeared, but maybe it was taking a piss break for a bit).  There definitely need to be some improvements to the system, and I'm pretty sure that if Jr. Members with 1 merit continue to be allowed to join signature campaigns, nothing's going to really improve.

For a while, there were some campaigns that had merit requirements to join, but that faded out.  There used to be SMAS, but that also fizzled. 

OP, I feel like I'm writing stuff that's been written 100 times this year.  All of this keeps getting discussed, and I worry about Theymos's shoes, socks, and toes because of all his foot-dragging.  Maybe he can use the copper membership fees that shitposters pay to get around the 1-merit requirement to see a podiatrist regularly and buy some heavy duty work boots.  I suppose if he winds up facing a twenty-toe amputation he might consider putting into place some of the solid suggestions that a lot of members have been discussing, but unfortunately I don't have much faith that it'll take anything less than that.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
December 23, 2018, 03:22:38 AM
My unignore rate is higher than my ignore rate. Seems to be working...
Pages:
Jump to: