Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit System Upgrade - page 33. (Read 34967 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
January 27, 2018, 12:10:45 AM
I like altcoins because i can exchange these for bitcoins. Merit system may work great for quality as people said. But the Merit distribution could have been a little more fair. Rank is important for the signature bounty only. The users who like blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies can find other bounty solutions like blog articles.

Does that mean you're applying for merit?
Activity: 728
Merit: 264
January 26, 2018, 11:51:21 PM
I like altcoins because i can exchange these for bitcoins. Merit system may work great for quality as people said. But the Merit distribution could have been a little more fair. Rank is important for the signature bounty only. The users who like blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies can find other bounty solutions like blog articles.
legendary
January 26, 2018, 04:34:20 PM
hope all start thinking like this.
80% of total merits send to meta posts and Legendary accounts (by this way most of accounts will stoped and a few will rank up).
you can support this member https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/smerit-post-review-2819141

I hope so too. Sorry, but I can’t support bill gator because he’s giving merit to sig campaign managers. Thanks for stopping by though.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
January 26, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
hope all start thinking like this.
80% of total merits send to meta posts and Legendary accounts (by this way most of accounts will stoped and a few will rank up).
we need more time to know how people will use this system.
you can support this member https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/smerit-post-review-2819141
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
January 26, 2018, 02:47:02 PM
I like this idea QA and I'll create a similar thread like this soonish. In the mean time I've given you and TheQuin some merit and I might give some more to other people that post here if you don't mind QA.

I like the idea as well. Not sure if this merit system will work or cause more issues but will give it a chance.
I may also take up QA's quest so others will have a chance to contribute.
legendary
January 26, 2018, 02:44:59 PM
Please try to merit posts that other people might find interesting, since top-merited posts show up on the stats.

Will do.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
January 26, 2018, 02:39:42 PM
Please try to merit posts that other people might find interesting, since top-merited posts show up on the stats.
legendary
January 26, 2018, 02:34:26 PM
I'm not applying because I don't really care about becoming a Hero. If I was I would have been more consistently active over the last 5 years. I just wanted to say good on you for recognising it's the higher up members that just missed out on ranking up that it hurts the most. From having a few days or weeks to suddenly looking at probably years to get 250 or 500 more merits.

I know you didn’t ask for it but I just reviewed your post history. You’re knowledgeable, appreciate bitcoin, helpful to people that need it, not looking for a quick scam and seem to really want to be here for the right reasons. Even though I don’t agree with everything you said, you're the kind of person that should be here.

Awarded 20 merit points to your post. Remember when you pass this on, don’t just give it to people you agree with, give it to people that can add something to the conversation, right or wrong. People learn more from being wrong than they do from being right.
legendary
January 26, 2018, 02:16:53 PM
I agree with this approach. I considered giving merit proportional to activity, but I decided not to because doing so would probably give far more undeserved merit than deserved merit in total. But undoubtedly some people got screwed by this, and if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.

I also agree with the idea of (free) "reviewer" topics in general, for finding high-quality posts that went unnoticed. Barcode_ created one in the Chinese section, as well.

Great and thanks for the support. Have mods send people to this thread that do not have time to do the research but think someone is deserving.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
January 26, 2018, 02:06:49 PM
I agree with this approach. I considered giving merit proportional to activity, but I decided not to because doing so would probably give far more undeserved merit than deserved merit in total. But undoubtedly some people got screwed by this, and if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.

I also agree with the idea of (free) "reviewer" topics in general, for finding high-quality posts that went unnoticed. Barcode_ created one in the Chinese section, as well.
legendary
January 26, 2018, 12:57:10 PM
I like this idea QA and I'll create a similar thread like this soonish. In the mean time I've given you and TheQuin some merit and I might give some more to other people that post here if you don't mind QA.

Thanks, I’ll pass that along and please do. I want good people to level up. I miss the old days when there were people on this forum that could actually debate something because they understood bitcoin. Even when I was wrong I learned something with every debate.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
January 26, 2018, 12:48:28 PM
legendary
January 26, 2018, 12:35:35 PM
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
January 26, 2018, 12:29:50 PM
legendary
January 26, 2018, 11:46:07 AM
I'm not applying because I don't really care about becoming a Hero. If I was I would have been more consistently active over the last 5 years. I just wanted to say good on you for recognising it's the higher up members that just missed out on ranking up that it hurts the most. From having a few days or weeks to suddenly looking at probably years to get 250 or 500 more merits.

You should apply. You are definitely in the zone.

It’s not that I don’t appreciate what the administration is trying to do and I don’t have a better solution to the problem. I just see it being unfair to some people. Maybe if a mod could do what I’m doing and review some cases they could award merit on those people that deserve it. They would be more fair of course, giving to all equally and not just bitcoiners. 
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
January 26, 2018, 11:36:00 AM

legendary
January 26, 2018, 11:20:31 AM
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
Heya Homies
January 26, 2018, 11:14:09 AM
legendary