Pages:
Author

Topic: Merits shouldn't be an individual's arbitrary decision - page 2. (Read 428 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
i do not really feel handing out merits should be left entirely in the hands of those who have racked up numerous merits,or the big guns in the forum

Anyone who has more than 2 merits has at least 1 merit to hand out. Maybe you should consider your own ineptitude before blaming everyone else.

Edit: And your latest post here is plagiarized from here. Archived and reported. Enjoy your ban.

Another warning to everyone currently begging for merit - maybe you should consider your own stupidity before drawing attention to yourself.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Don't worry, it's not an individual decision. About 17,000 users have collectively decided not to give you any Merit.

When I try to read your post, all I see is this:
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
Before making arbitrary statements perhaps you should try to find out how the merit system works.

Everyone that has ever gotten merit has sMerits to give. 2Merit gives 1sMerit that can be given to someone else that deserves it.

In addition there are merit sources.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
As regards the growth of the forum,i do not really feel handing out merits should be left entirely in the hands of those who have racked up numerous merits,or the big guns in the forum,it makes the forum lack the transparency it ought to have.I think merits should be handed out to users by separate individuals or bodies whose duty it will be only to hand out merits and nothing more..
Leaving it to individual discretion makes it look more like a situation when one pops into facebook and likes a random post,the like actually means nothing to the initial poster,but in here merit is so so important as its required to get up the ranks. You hear statements like "make a quality post and you get a merit",who decides if the post is a quality one,an individual can go through a quality post and yet not hand in merits,probably he's not in a good mood,then how is that a criteria or a sine qua non to get merits..
I think other ways to get merits ought to be introduced to make the forum fair to all an sundry.
Pages:
Jump to: