Pages:
Author

Topic: Metamask Hacking - page 2. (Read 220 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
June 23, 2018, 03:17:50 PM
Everything except hardware wallets is not safe, you can increase the security of your wallet, computer etc. but still it is not safe as a hardware wallet, I also need to use them metamask etc. but don't keep large amount of coins.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
June 23, 2018, 03:14:23 PM
I tend to think that in every Security System the most weak part is human, so this is easier than anyway other, to fish a password From a person than to do it from the program.
I can't understand what you want to say. The most weak part is the user so that's what you want to say? that's correct, it depends to the user on how careful he is.
There is no perfect system and even the most secured one has it's flaws and openings for intruders but as long as it isn't exposed to the intruders, they are safe.
And if the user isn't so careful and he's so easy to catch through phishing websites, his keys, funds will be gone so fast.

Nothing on this world would really have that perfect system no matter how tough is the security and feature there would be always a flaw even just one but it do exist. Human error is the most common thing why these hacking exist. Hackers do take advantage on weakness of a certain person, getting important credentials wont really be hard if a certain user is careless. Metamask hacking its possible even though in the past they say this is a secure one.
Activity: 279
Merit: 11
June 23, 2018, 03:09:00 PM
Even your metamask wallet is not safe for high level activities of hackers. Just recently I learned this metamask hacking attempt and if you are not careful to analyze why you should give your seed phrase, then goodbye to your fund.

Read: https://medium.com/metamask/new-phishing-strategy-becoming-common-1b1123837168
I do not think hackers can attack Metamask. This has never happened before. It is possible that many hackers have stolen the their private key and they think the Metamask attacked by hackers
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
June 23, 2018, 03:05:44 PM
Metamask wallet is safe as a standalone chrome extension however the possibility of it being hacked rests on the actions of the user. My opinion, new crypto users should not only be interested in the next pumped coin that they can invest their money into, having the basic understanding of safe practices on handling cryptocurrencies is also paramount.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
June 23, 2018, 02:54:53 PM
I tend to think that in every Security System the most weak part is human, so this is easier than anyway other, to fish a password From a person than to do it from the program.
Yes, definitely. Sadly but true, the power of discernment of many individuals is no so great. So if a window pops up in front of my computer screen asking me to re-enter my metamask seed, there has to be a good reason for that, right? And then, the money is gone.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
diceroll.xyz
June 23, 2018, 02:39:32 PM
One of the most secured wallet,the metamask is..Not possible to hack.gives no compromise to hackers.Trusty for everyone.Others wallets are not trustee a lot because hackers can attack easily
Activity: 490
June 23, 2018, 02:29:25 PM
Nothing is safe from hackers, but metamask is possibly one of the wallets that is most difficult to compromise as today. I still trust it quite a lot.
Agree with your comments. For me, Metamask is extremely safe. Mostly I use Metamask and never have to fear that the hacker will attack and steal the token in my wallet.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
June 23, 2018, 02:27:10 PM
Hackers will find holes and will try to hack into the systems or the wallets, doesn’t matter how tight the security is. But metamask so far has the strongest and the most reliable security and no such news of hackings have surfaced in the news so far. So it is quite reliable
Activity: 2156
Merit: 506
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 22, 2018, 07:17:57 AM
I can't understand what you want to say. The most weak part is the user so that's what you want to say? that's correct, it depends to the user on how careful he is.
There is no perfect system and even the most secured one has it's flaws and openings for intruders but as long as it isn't exposed to the intruders, they are safe.
And if the user isn't so careful and he's so easy to catch through phishing websites, his keys, funds will be gone so fast.
Activity: 364
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 07:06:43 AM
Mainly Security matter is all about you because if you are aware then there is less chances of loss also hack in crypto market is impossible but based on few wallet it can be because the users may not concern about their security also this create problems.
Activity: 476
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
June 20, 2018, 09:10:20 AM
Even your metamask wallet is not safe for high level activities of hackers. Just recently I learned this metamask hacking attempt and if you are not careful to analyze why you should give your seed phrase, then goodbye to your fund.

Read: https://medium.com/metamask/new-phishing-strategy-becoming-common-1b1123837168
if it is true then now should be more careful. indeed every system has its own weaknesses.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
June 20, 2018, 09:08:41 AM

Exactly. Even the most secure defense system will fail if a gun is pointed to the person who developed it. Human emotions and fragility has been exploited ever since the early beginnings. Until we develop better crypto and blockchain solutions we will always be at risk.

This is one of the reasons why I am bullish on bitcoin. It has a future for security, and almost every other industry out there.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
Pool of Stake
June 20, 2018, 09:02:18 AM
Nothing is safe from hackers, but metamask is possibly one of the wallets that is most difficult to compromise as today. I still trust it quite a lot.
Activity: 511
Merit: 250
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
June 20, 2018, 08:58:59 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
June 20, 2018, 01:38:12 AM

Pages:
Jump to: