Pages:
Author

Topic: Metamask - new feature that detects scams - page 4. (Read 437 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I find this also very useful, especially when used by newcomers to the electronics market, sometimes they have ignorant usage behaviors that lead to unnecessary losses.
Although to me the use of metamask is only seen as a small means, and the main mistakes are still their own, so blaming the support tools as many people have expressed in this market also needs to be reconsidered. Remember that it is we who make mistakes, but this new update of the metamask is also great.
Activity: 700
Merit: 673
Metamask coming up with a feature like this is a great one, which will help a few people a lot to some extent, but according to what they state, it will only help detect scam sites that have already been flagged, which means if the site is newly scam, they will still be unable to detect it as a scam, so what they are actually doing is blacklisting some sites, which they won't allow to connect into their database.

People who will misunderstand this might probably think every site that Metamask allows them to connect to after adding this feature is safe, and they will feel less of a concern than they should have, exposing themselves to more security risks than they could have ever been exposed to. It's a good thing to see that Old Metamask is still constantly working to safeguard their customers.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 4532
Such features do not always protect users, because information becomes known after hacking. It is very difficult for those who are used to working on centralized exchanges to change their habits and force themselves to check every action and projects that their wallet interacts with.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
We still own the wallet and freely do what ever we want. It is still our fault if we get scammed and the maximum effort that metamask and other wallet can do is to provide warning just like what metamask did. I agree that this isn't a fully scam proof feature but at least we have this kind of feature that is offered to us to potentially avoid these scams. Newbies are the one who I think will mostly benefit this kind of feature as they don't really know much on how things works and they are the target victims of these scam projects.

This feature is great indeed.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
This can be a big improvement from a wallet developer, at least Metamask will be more secured if ever.
I've read some news as well that Metamask are not allowing multiple IP address already, or this is just a rumor but this is only a restriction to a bounty hunter. If this new feature will be live, hopefully they can start to block hackers/scammers wallet though at least give them a chance of legitimacy since many might be affected by this even if they are a real wallet holder.
Activity: 82
Merit: 46
Few days ago Metamask announced development of new feature with the help of Opensea and Blockaid in order to help people not connect their wallets to known scams and lose all of their money that way. I am sure that people will still lose money this way, but I think that this feature will help to some degree. 

https://twitter.com/MetaMask/status/1643702565140348929?t=72HVnQNG2zmRbCqlVM0Krw&s=19
Pages:
Jump to: