Pages:
Author

Topic: Metamask Seed Phrase / Seed Word Stolen - page 2. (Read 244 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Can anything be done about it?
Yes. Prevention.

You must download the official metamask wallet and bookmark the downloading page and don't just search on the web if you're downloading if you mostly uninstall it from time to time. In other cases, if you've been a victim of a phishing website, think of how it happened, how did you landed to that phishing site.

Always check and verify if it's the legit and official metamask wallet.

You are right. I messed up.

Other than that, is there anything else than can be done to prevent the tokens from being stolen?

You mean you're planning to beat the hacker to withdraw the incoming tokens? Don't bet on it. The best thing you can do is to never use that wallet again in your future investments or transactions.

The team behind the token sale is searching for a solution already to maybe modify the smart contract and send the tokens to another address. Is it possible?
They can modify the code. I don't see any issue with them once they verified that you are still the original buyer.

If they could modify the code of the smart contract that would be absolutely helpful. Do you know any case where that actually happened?
How would that be done?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Yes. Prevention.

You must download the official metamask wallet and bookmark the downloading page and don't just search on the web if you're downloading if you mostly uninstall it from time to time. In other cases, if you've been a victim of a phishing website, think of how it happened, how did you landed to that phishing site.

Always check and verify if it's the legit and official metamask wallet.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
You mean you're planning to beat the hacker to withdraw the incoming tokens? Don't bet on it. The best thing you can do is to never use that wallet again in your future investments or transactions.

The team behind the token sale is searching for a solution already to maybe modify the smart contract and send the tokens to another address. Is it possible?
They can modify the code. I don't see any issue with them once they verified that you are still the original buyer.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I got phished into sending my Seed Words/Seed Phrase to a hacker. He stole 1500 € worth of ETH (which I know are forever lost).

I purchased 2 months ago some tokens that are still not generated. They will be generated and distributed the 29th of May 2021.

I fear the hackers might have a script that automatically steals all the cryptos and tokens that land on my metamask in milliseconds and I won't have time to withdraw them manually.

I am very scared. Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: