Pages:
Author

Topic: Meteoric rise of BTC sucking life from Alt-Coins - page 2. (Read 3168 times)

Activity: 572
Merit: 500
I'm disappointed by the lack of backbone in the LTC 'economy'. Basic services and structures are hard to find or do not exist. The speculators were in because there was lots of talk of building these things, but when the months go by and they don't get built, and people talk less and less about actually building them, it gets hard to maintain the faith. Besides, who wouldn't move out of the coin when it stops to drop? Even the faithful know to move out and buy more at the bottom. So now maybe the faithful will buy more.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
The question is,  is  time on the  ltc  side,  or  it's against ltc?

Time , security , stability , user base,  services... all  require patience to come by.:-)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have a feeling that LTC just doesn't have the liquidity needed to properly implement a backbone yet.  Then again, creating more support for it would perhaps generate the liquidity...chicken or the egg I guess.  I find most of the exchanges for alt coins to be a bit of a joke at the moment as well.  Also, once ASIC's get going, average miners will be forced to move to alts which should give them a boost I'd think?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
It's almost a perfect storm for ltc: btc rise, competition from ppc, trc, frc... Never mind asic is coming and truck loads of gpu are becoming worthless in the btc world. 

Some major speculators have bailed, which is probably a good thing.

what you mean people trading margins are out; now its the real buyers and sellers? and oversold...

I'm disappointed by the lack of backbone in the LTC 'economy'. Basic services and structures are hard to find or do not exist. The speculators were in because there was lots of talk of building these things, but when the months go by and they don't get built, and people talk less and less about actually building them, it gets hard to maintain the faith. Besides, who wouldn't move out of the coin when it stops to drop? Even the faithful know to move out and buy more at the bottom. So now maybe the faithful will buy more.
Activity: 756
It's almost a perfect storm for ltc: btc rise, competition from ppc, trc, frc... Never mind asic is coming and truck loads of gpu are becoming worthless in the btc world. 

what you mean people trading margins are out; now its the real buyers and sellers? and oversold...
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments

legendary
I think there is a good argument to be made that by trading alt-coins against BTC we fall victim to psychologically being influenced on the value of Alt-coins are relative to BTC.

Right now for example, LTC looks *horrible* compared to BTC on the charts, it's value continues to drop, but it's hard to constantly keep in mind that the value is against something that is constantly going up. If you look at LTC/USD LTC is down a bit, but not nearly as much as BTC/LTC.

Maybe trading against BTC is a bad idea in that it locks the value of alt coins too much to BTC. Of course it would be hard to "decouple" these things on exchanges where much of their profit is made trading between the two, but for example at exchange.zapto.org the collapse of LTC against BTC has meant many sell order of TRC have disappears (I had my eye on lots of 5000TRC sales) but as confidence drops in LTC no one wants to sell other alt coins against it.

Rabbit, I haven't looked at the numbers, but from what I see here on the forum, I imagine that TRC would be going up and LTC going down.  Is it possible this is what you're seeing?

Dunno- there isn't really enough data on what TRC is doing. Up until today it was only possible to buy TRC on an exchange against LTC. But now you can buy it also at https://trcexchange.bitparking.com/ against BTC. However I think it's too new to see any sort of trend in it. I would still caution against looking at TRC as the next LTC or something like that. It's an experimental Bitcoin- few things have been changed to differentiate it (a couple important ones however), and it's more of a space for active experimentation both with the change, and with the social and economic aspect around it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
I think there is a good argument to be made that by trading alt-coins against BTC we fall victim to psychologically being influenced on the value of Alt-coins are relative to BTC.

Right now for example, LTC looks *horrible* compared to BTC on the charts, it's value continues to drop, but it's hard to constantly keep in mind that the value is against something that is constantly going up. If you look at LTC/USD LTC is down a bit, but not nearly as much as BTC/LTC.

Maybe trading against BTC is a bad idea in that it locks the value of alt coins too much to BTC. Of course it would be hard to "decouple" these things on exchanges where much of their profit is made trading between the two, but for example at exchange.zapto.org the collapse of LTC against BTC has meant many sell order of TRC have disappears (I had my eye on lots of 5000TRC sales) but as confidence drops in LTC no one wants to sell other alt coins against it.

Rabbit, I haven't looked at the numbers, but from what I see here on the forum, I imagine that TRC would be going up and LTC going down.  Is it possible this is what you're seeing?
legendary
Rabbit which alt coin are you throwing the majority of your hashing at?

I seen you on the coinotron lists a few times but I can't recall the numbers

I'm soloing TRC at the moment. You make more LTC by mining TRC and selling for LTC.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
Everyone just converted their alts to BTC to get profit from rising. They will be back. And for us, the real alt-coins supporters, the situation is a good opportunity to buy low.

I think LTC's current price is becoming safe with it. I just bought a few hundreds from BTC-e.
Activity: 658
Caveat Emptor
Rabbit which alt coin are you throwing the majority of your hashing at?

I seen you on the coinotron lists a few times but I can't recall the numbers
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Everyone just converted their alts to BTC to get profit from rising. They will be back. And for us, the real alt-coins supporters, the situation is a good opportunity to buy low.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
They are selling low and buying high.

Let them Smiley
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: