Pages:
Author

Topic: MicroCoin! A Coin for Microcontrollers like the Arduino! - page 2. (Read 5695 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Just found the other MicroCoin.... Arduino is trademarked, it can't be used here as our coin's name. It looks like MicroCoin shut down a few years ago, and has gone through 3 iterations. It seems incredibly unstable AND the forum thread is almost dead. I will consider changing the name though. Thanks for the info.

Its not dead at all actually. Its a trading pair over at alcurex exchange. At the exchange it can be purchased with USD or EURO as well.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-microcoin-30-793538

http://microcoin.alcurex.info/
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
It wasn't.

The MC comes from a master address that will be open source. This address stores every unreleased MC.

I was referring to the MC as money...
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
Question ..

To mine, simply load the sketch to the Arduino, tether to your computer or router, and start raking in the money!

Where does this money come from? Your donation address?

I love how the VERY first post was completely ignored.
Just found the other MicroCoin.... Arduino is trademarked, it can't be used here as our coin's name. It looks like MicroCoin shut down a few years ago, and has gone through 3 iterations. It seems incredibly unstable AND the forum thread is almost dead. I will consider changing the name though. Thanks for the info.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
coin name is already traded as MRC

why not go with ... Arduinos?
Activity: 851
Do You Even Onion Bro?
Sounds very interesting concept looking forward to see this in action 6 days to go  ill b there ......
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Sir_Astral just tried 3 different ways, none worked. I'm open to suggestions.

tbearhere: X11, Scrypt, SHA 256 would be almost impossible to port to arduino due to the massive processing power required. The algorithm used is none of those, and is custom.
Ok I see....thank you. Smiley
Sir_Astral just tried 3 different ways, none worked. I'm open to suggestions.

tbearhere: X11, Scrypt, SHA 256 would be almost impossible to port to arduino due to the massive processing power required. The algorithm used is none of those, and is custom.
legendary
Splatters: What do you mean by that? QUBIT means Quantum Bit in my field of knowledge.
OfficialMicroCoin  do you mean you have no algo? Or are you saying any algo will work? thx  Smiley
Activity: 574
Set a countdown please.
Splatters: What do you mean by that? QUBIT means Quantum Bit in my field of knowledge.
legendary
Activity: 1232
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
QUBIT is well accepted
I forgot to mention, whoever gets the block is decided by amount of points. Transactions have 3 steps to being verified, verified signature (1 point as the most powerful computer will get this easily), verified sender (2 points as it is a mix of powerful computer and internet speed), verified recipient (Another 2 points for the same reason.)

Now, with the low mining payout, high computers will not get their money back. An Uno can reimburse you though.
Sir_Astral those will come once the coin is launched. Also, there is NO PREMINE! Smiley

EDIT: To help pay for bounties and stuff, 5000MC will be premined.
Activity: 574
Instructions?
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
Hmmm thats interesting o.O
I'll follow thread for sure  Smiley
The algo doesn't have a name. It's custom. You mine by verifying transactions. First you verify the transaction signature, then the sender, then the reciever. For best use, an arduino hooked up to an sd card reader is required (to store the blockchain).

The MC comes from a master address that will be open source. This address stores every unreleased MC. Donations are to help with server cost AND keep dev going Wink . You could set up a big server, but the only advantage would be with verifying the hash! Internet speed is the main requirement  (to check where the MC is coming from)... this is optimized for small computers so  a 512 core computer will have no advantage.
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
this could be a good project.+1 Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
It looks interesting i will be watching, this could be a good project.
legendary
Yes algo plz ... and please don't say sha or x11  please dont. thx
Qubit  or Quark or Lyra2v2 ?
Pages:
Jump to: