Pages:
Author

Topic: MicroStrategy acquires an additional 9,245 BTC with excess cash(@$67,382) - page 2. (Read 153 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
As of 3/18/24, $MSTR holds 214,246 $BTC acquired for ~$7.53B at an average price of $35,160 per bitcoin.
With BTC going down still, currently at $63,700. Do you think it is the correct strategy to buy more BTC and HODL? They did try to buy the dip but it has dipped further. Will we see another ATH soon? How long would you HODL if you were in MicroStrategy's position?

Actually, before anyone buys Bitcoin, they already have it in their minds for the speculated price they want to sell their Bitcoin, and if perhaps the speculated price has not been reached based on their expectations, then they will not sell until they have actually gained the desired profit they expected. If an investor happens to buy Bitcoin at a high price, let's say $70k per Bitcoin, and now the price has dipped to $63k+, the investor will have to hold until the Bitcoin price spikes again and goes above their bought price. These are the reasons why we always remind ourselves to invest the amount we can hold for a long time, so that even when the price drops below the purchased price, the person will have to keep holding until the price begins to surge again. 

Based on your question, if I am in such a position, I will have to hold my bitcoin until I can achieve the desired profit I was expecting. 

Speaking of an ATH soon, if you look at the price history of Bitcoin during halving season, the peak price of Bitcoin is usually met a year after the halving has occurred. The bull market is not yet over, so there is a very high chance that we are expecting a new ATH sooner or later next year. 

Bitcoin is predicted to surge above $100k, and if that happens, those who still bought around $67k will be in profit. There's nothing to worry about. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 624
MicroStrategy has been known more for acquiring bitcoin, and their major target is to acquire more than to sell part of their holdings. I guess the only time I read about them selling was two years ago, when they sold their bitcoins for the first time. Most people rated that act as a means of avoiding tax because they sold at a low price compared to their purchasing price and bought back immediately after a few days. 

Selling now will definitely look like they are losing some profit that could have been achieved when bitcoin broke ATH. They are a big organisation with a lot of funds, and they have a target to meet. That's what makes them different from individual investors. They are buying when they feel like the company has enough money to invest in bitcoin. 

If it was a personal holding, once's Bitcoin breaks new ATH, even if I don't sell, all part of that holding will be sold, and profit for that will be realised first. Why do I wait for pullback? I didn't buy those bitcoins to sit in my wallet as decorations, but they have different purposes, and making profit is part of that purpose.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
As of 3/18/24, $MSTR holds 214,246 $BTC acquired for ~$7.53B at an average price of $35,160 per bitcoin.
With BTC going down still, currently at $63,700. Do you think it is the correct strategy to buy more BTC and HODL? They did try to buy the dip but it has dipped further. Will we see another ATH soon? How long would you HODL if you were in MicroStrategy's position?
Pages:
Jump to: