Pages:
Author

Topic: Millennial generation are screwed! - page 10. (Read 1240 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
October 17, 2019, 09:25:45 PM
do not judge millennials are always the problem source, they only spend their free time by not making problems.
more problematic if millennials commit stupidity against the law and always get drunk.
I am sure there are still many millennials in BTT who care about the cryptocurrencies progress and improvement,
and not spend their profits on bad ways.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
October 17, 2019, 07:08:23 PM
I am not a millenial and i have spent about 10 hours a day during my vacations playing old NES games and old SEGA games and that too from my mother's basement. So I am not sure why you are making it look like it only characteristic of millenial kids.

The thing about student loan is true, it is different now because there is no guidance to kids and kids do whatever shit they want to study and parents are too lenient on them. Some kids want not to study and they agree to that. That kind of hockey pokey stuff is why the millenials are so demanding of stuff without actually working for anything.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
October 17, 2019, 07:07:17 PM
First they spend more time on video games than any other generation, an average gen millennial spend 8 hours on games everyday! Ridiculous!
I don't know where you got this statistics from or if it's just a mere assertion. Gaming is not actually what you just see it as, it can open new medium for making something out of life. There are gaming competition these days with huge rewards.
Not everyone can become a big gamer as there is competition in the field and not everyone can win huge rewards. If you are good at something one way or the other you can make money.

No one believes in 9-5 jobs again. That's why you see alot of millennials being tech savvy.
If you are a tech savvy then what is the job timing, you will be working the same timing as others unless and until you do not have any life ambitions or career path you will do some freelance work and satisfy, even if you are running a tech company you will be spending most of the time in the company to make it successful, so i did not understand your statement here.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 17, 2019, 06:58:17 PM
I've recently looked at a study that Millenials are a weak generation and that the next generation is going to be even worse. That's because the pain tolerance of millenials is WAY lower than the generation X. I agree that the majority of milenials are lazy and it looks like they have no ambitions.

I really have no idea where the hell society is heading. Half of millennials intend to move back home after college, and most of them are planning to do so for the long term. And what's scarier is "82% of parents say they would welcome their children moving back home after college."

We're becoming a society of weak ass basement dwellers. Adult babies who want to be coddled their whole lives and parents who want to coddle them. How is this going to play out 50 years from now?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
October 17, 2019, 06:58:08 PM

If we base our data on the above chart which shows that millennials account for about 2.4 billion out of 7.7 billion total world population, I think most of your assumptions about them may not hold true! A classic case of stereotyping.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-20/gen-z-to-outnumber-millennials-within-a-year-demographic-trends
           https://www.iadb.org/en/improvinglives/millennials-stereotyped-generation

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276
October 17, 2019, 06:06:50 PM
Not all millennials are like that. I am one of those who are not interested in playing games and I focus on learning and teaching my self how to live on my own and to don't hope to someone to feed me.
I hope that my fellow millennials won't screw up bitcoin more because some of us are really interested and love bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency scene.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
October 17, 2019, 06:03:54 PM
First they spend more time on video games than any other generation, an average gen millennial spend 8 hours on games everyday! Ridiculous!

They basement dwellers

They deep on student loan

They no saving

They have no job security

Now they spend more money on bitcoin than all generation!

It never get bored millennial has been on the headlines since the god know when it all began.

Can crypto make millennial more screwed or otherwise? Let’s discuss!
The truth is that the millennial generation is going to have a lot of trouble in the future, and many of those problems are not even their fault, it is true that they are using a great deal of their time to play video games but I'm sure that previous generations used their time in unproductive ways as well, the cost of education has been going up during the previous decades and now it is difficult to get a job out of college.

It is also very difficult to have savings when wages have remained stagnant for many years and the job market is changing for the worse now that many jobs are being replaced by computers.
Definitely, they will. And what I've observed for the new generation they are actually getting lazy and easily get bored with their job which I don't think they will pursue their dreams. Computers give our life easier but it also gives disadvantages to young minds where they only used this for gaming, not for useful things they do. But I've understood, this is a business development and computer will help the company to become more productive but that sad note is that, many workers losses their job for the reason than they don't need many people to work with.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
October 17, 2019, 05:57:52 PM
I don't know where you got this statistics from or if it's just a mere assertion. Gaming is not actually what you just see it as, it can open new medium for making something out of life. There are gaming competition these days with huge rewards.

This is actually no fault of theirs, most millennials are actually working there way out. No one believes in 9-5 jobs again. That's why you see alot of millennials being tech savvy.

This is what they found themselves in, due to being tech savvy, they love anything that has to do with such technologies. An average millennial has no interest in investing in stocks.

The answer here is not a direct something, it can go both ways depending on how they choose to approach crypto.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
October 17, 2019, 05:51:57 PM
well, that right , totaly right, in my country even badly.
but what we can do ? all of this is due to technological advances too.

based on some psychiatric research in my country, millennials tend to be indifferent to something that feels not important to him
and i guess , it will be more tend to screwed rather than otherwise.
because i just think , they doesn't needed crypto.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
October 17, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

They basement dwellers

They no saving

It never get bored millennial has been on the headlines since the god know when it all began.

The truth is that the millennial generation is going to have a lot of trouble in the future, and many of those problems are not even their fault, it is true that they are using a great deal of their time to play video games but I'm sure that previous generations used their time in unproductive ways as well, the cost of education has been going up during the previous decades and now it is difficult to get a job out of college.

It is also very difficult to have savings when wages have remained stagnant for many years and the job market is changing for the worse now that many jobs are being replaced by computers.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 17, 2019, 03:14:44 PM
There is a realistic issue as the new generation is spending a long time in the virtual world rather than having real friends nor having any social skills and it will be a real problem in the future.

Getting a job is a real issue in the future as there will be no jobs to satisfy the entire population, unless and until you come up with some innovative idea it will be really difficult to survive.

This looks like a joke, the new generation will spend more money for bitcoin than the old generation, why is that a big surprise  Roll Eyes.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
October 17, 2019, 03:10:40 PM

They basement dwellers

They no saving

These has to do with how an individual set his/her life and the present society is not helping at all.

Because they are lucky to exist in the era when Bitcoin was created.  Perhaps the next generation will break this record.

With the present happenings and how Bitcoin has exposed and initiated a system where there will be less control of individuals monetary aspect, I do say they are the more fortunate generation thus not screwed.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 511
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 17, 2019, 02:59:32 PM
In my country I've seen a lot of blockchain projects that conducting events in universities because they think that millenials are the one who can easily adopt new technologies like cryptocurrency and blockchain. They are the next generation who will be using crypto in the future so I'm amazed at what blockchain projects here are doing as they are planting the seed of knowledge about Bitcoin for future purposes. Though I can't disagree about millenials getting too addicted in video games  Cool
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
October 17, 2019, 02:45:22 PM
I don't consider video games to be a bad pastime; moreover, many of those who played video games as a teenager later became programmers, developers, etc., simply put, this was the start for their main work. Many before others learned about the crypto space, spending time in gaming clubs and communicating with other players. So, this is more of a plus than a minus.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
October 17, 2019, 01:58:27 PM
In our century of rapid technological development, each subsequent generation will be different from the previous one. The current young generation spends most of their time on the Internet, including video games. The Internet and video games develop intelligence and generally a general awareness of our world and the processes that occur in it. However, everything is necessary in moderation. The complete interest in the Internet and video games has also negative sides. The current generation is degrading in physical development. It is always important to have an optimal balance of mental and physical activity.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
October 17, 2019, 01:50:52 PM
I blame their parents. They shouldn't have made more kids than they could afford to feed. Parents should take fundamental analysis classes before making kids. If everybody knew when and how many kids to make, there wouldn't be any poor people.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
October 17, 2019, 01:47:57 PM
I've recently looked at a study that Millenials are a weak generation and that the next generation is going to be even worse. That's because the pain tolerance of millenials is WAY lower than the generation X. I agree that the majority of milenials are lazy and it looks like they have no ambitions. There are a lot of exceptions though, but wasting hours and hours of the day to watch Netflix or play video games is not a good sign at all. TIME is the only most valuable resource we have in this life and we should use it wisely. But, Bitcoin is definitely not a waste of time and I believe them investing in cryptocurrencies and seeing its potential is amazing. The young generations should look in the future and the next pass in our world's evolution is probably blockchain and cryptos.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 17, 2019, 01:40:14 PM

They basement dwellers

The next generation will be even worse. Millennials started the trend but Generation Z is taking it to the next level:

They no saving

These are really interesting times. Millennials are the first generation where the economic prospects are decidedly worse than the previous generation. Generation Z will be the 2nd. The kids I'm around seem more aware of this phenomenon than I ever was when I was young.

That might be the only thing that saves them. Tongue
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
October 17, 2019, 12:43:04 PM
This is actually an interesting thread to me, but do you have a link for your above assertion?

That's one of the things I hear most about millenials, and it's probably true.  Unfortunately I think a lot of college students these days are majoring in foofy subjects like gender studies and other ultra-liberal subjects and not in stuff that would give them specific skills in the workforce (like, you know, STEM).  I had to take out loans for college, but I was able to pay them back relatively quickly because I was able to get a job right after graduation in the field that I majored in.  You just can't do that when you study liberal arts
I sometimes wonder the counselling that people give to the students who they are in high school when it comes choosing the right major during college. Lots of people are deep in student loans with degrees that's useless in the real world. But they just choose it because they are passionate about it meanwhile it doesn't put any money in their pockets nor food on the table.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 116
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
October 17, 2019, 11:39:24 AM

Of course! Most see it as a form of recreation and technological advancements makes those games more enjoyable and entertaining than ever!
[/quote]

They basement dwellers
Most are now in residential suites. Smiley
In case of Didi who sold the house, nope, it’s kinda sad to have exchanged it for bitcoin

Most of them likely have car loans.
Credit card, car loan and house loan, study loan, what else we could missing

Correct! But they are now more empowered than ever!
Job security mean a lot to a person, it save them a living in their late life, btw young guy may find it to difficult to grasp its importance.

Not true! Most likely they've saved more money on Bitcoin than all generations especially on 2017 bull run. Smiley
That’s a wild run, and most exchange are down following a two years of long term bear cycle, I wonder they have spent all their saving on their new gadget rent and fine dining.

Millennials are the stars of the century!
That’s too early to be entitled such luxury.

Can crypto make millennial more screwed or otherwise?

I do not think so, my friends who originally liked to gamble after he was familiar with cryptocurrency like bitcoin, altcoin or something like that he changed completely who initially liked to gamble is now a professional trader. precisely with the introduction of cryptocurrency to millennial the popularity of cryptocurrency is getting higher which causes people to be interested in it and unconsciously altcoin / bitcoin will rise slowly.
Your friend did a very good job in trading, that’s very fortunate. That’s sound plausible to gain more popularity.
Pages:
Jump to: