Pages:
Author

Topic: Millennials Increasingly Prefer Bitcoin to Gold or Real Estate - page 4. (Read 1114 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
To all of the millennials here in Bitcointalk, do you also agree that Bitcoin is a much better option than gold or real estate? As much as I liked real estate, the target market is kinda tough. Unlike Bitcoin, anyone can afford to buy it, even in the form of satoshis.

Comparing the many investment alternatives, one should consider using many baskets for one's eggs and this is the proven wisdom that we should ignore at our peril. The best thing to do is to invest in real estate, gold and Bitcoin, of course. These choices have their own advantages and disadvantages so one should be careful and should be doing the due diligence before jumping to anything. I am sure the millennials are more daring compared to the past generations but this their time.

Yes, I agree that bitcoin is a much better option than gold and real estate although gold and real estate still be the most option for people who lived in out there. But if I have many bitcoin and I can sell some of bitcoin at the very highest price so I can have a lot of money, I will buy some gold and some real estate so I can have more assets as my long-term investment.

Bitcoin has been giving unbeatable profitable returns so far despite its roller-coaster ride for the past decade. Real estate and gold are more on stability and playing as the safe haven while Bitcoin is more volatile making it a risky option for people who are new to the market and has not been educated on how this new option can be working. Yes, the best thing to do is to earn as much money from Bitcoin and then use the money to invest in real estate.

You can live in a house.  You can rent out your property and earn income.  Bitcoin doesn't do much except sit in a wallet while you're hoping the price goes up.  That's kind of how Warren Buffett feels about gold, that it doesn't generate income or perform a useful function like stocks do.  Bitcoin is in the same boat IMO, and I say that even though I'm a huge supporter of it.  Millennials would do well at least owning their own homes, even if it's a tiny house.  lol

That's the solid advantage of real estate. Just like the real gold which you can make into jewelries, usefulness is a very important function that one should look into. Stocks can be giving dividends but we know that with Bitcoin this is not the case but of course you can use Bitcoin in trading cryptocurrencies. Maybe what is happening here is that with Bitcoin it is our basic concept of a valuable asset that is being challenged. Does Bitcoin really have a good value on its own and what are the benefits we can derive by holding them? Still, looking at the history of Bitcoin, it would be easy to surmised that its ROI is truly outstanding and can beat any other investment vehicles. In other words, Bitcoin is the best speculative tool.

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Yes, I agree that bitcoin is a much better option than gold and real estate although gold and real estate still be the most option for people who lived in out there. But if I have many bitcoin and I can sell some of bitcoin at the very highest price so I can have a lot of money, I will buy some gold and some real estate so I can have more assets as my long-term investment. I don't want to have bitcoin only if I have money because, with so many investments that I can have, that means I can have a chance to make more money in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
I do believe that it's country/local issue also affect this. Real estate in my country is not as easy to access as Bitcoin, hence, even papa and grandpa who works hard from the 90s are most likely holding more gold than having a real estate, unless they're born rich or have a successfull career.

There are several options such as REITs or collective real estate investment but it requires some time consuming paper work and not everyone will be qualified. So, it's also not as friendly as you expect it to be. I personally can't invest in them, so I choose to participate in business lending and get around 3-5% per month, or 12-20% per year (we can choose the interest rate).

TBH, as a millenials myself, if it's possible, I'll invest in any available option a.k.a, portfolio diversification.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

To all of the millennials here in Bitcointalk, do you also agree that Bitcoin is a much better option than gold or real estate? As much as I liked real estate, the target market is kinda tough. Unlike Bitcoin, anyone can afford to buy it, even in the form of satoshis.

First and foremost, I don't really agree with you on this. With investment, your level of knowledge and understanding regarding the investment ecosystem is the only way that can tell if one investment opportunity is better than the other and the duration at which you as an investor will be investing in that particular thing. Personally, I don't see Bitcoin as a better option compared to gold and estate. Bitcoin is a high risk investment whiles gold and estate are not. Why will you think a high risk investment be better than a lower risk investment ??
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
Young people have more financial freedom and are more likely to invest in riskier investments, so they don't have the same line of thinking compared to other people who have children and other financial responsibilities.

Also, it's new technology, and a lot of young people are very interested in the newest technologies, whether it's new jobs, investments, or entertainment.

Millennials are a very stupid generation who are drowning in debt and have no life skills. Bitcoin will collapse in the coming recession and wipe them out even further.
Ah!! You stupid younglings, get off me lawn!!  Angry
Activity: 994
Merit: 510
British digital asset management firm CoinShares has released a report that outlines a number of trends in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency market in 2019.

The report describes the social, political, economic, and technological forces driving cryptocurrency adoption, and the consequent trends that have materialized in the cryptocurrency market.

The report opens with the technological, economic, political, and social macro forces that have brought the cryptocurrency market to its current state.

Check out the full news here

As a millennial myself, I would highly agree with this. Although that gold and real estate are both reliable long-term investments, it's just that Bitcoin is "red hot" right now. The risks are higher though due to the volatility of the market.

Millennials are going to grow up in a world where Bitcoin is making a name for itself so it does make sense that they see more value in it than older generations that may be slow to accept it.  Older generations are used to a world where precious metals are a safe haven for their finances in hard times.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
At this point in time, I still cannot say that Bitcoin is a better form of investment than gold, and especially real estate. For me though, real estate is by far the best since the population grows over time, and land spaces are getting scarce more and more each year. It's not the best in terms of time it gets to have profit, and it's difficult liquidity, but in terms of long-term investment, it's much safer than relying kn Bitcoin's speculative factor.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
I don't really agree that bitcoin is much better than gold and real estate. Because both have value, the difference is gold and real estate are stable which is good for long time investments. Though the buildings depreciate, but the lands don't... While in bitcoin, we're still unsure about it in the future depending on its performance and the government. Both of them have their own advantages which may be good based on an individual perspective.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269

As a millennial myself, I would highly agree with this.b] Although that gold and real estate are both reliable long-term investments[/b], it's just that Bitcoin is "red hot" right now. The risks are higher though due to the volatility of the market.
what do you mean reliable in Long term investments?there is also a risk on both real estate because we are not sure if the value will continuously grow specially when calamity takes place.in gold yeah there is assurance but so much small profit even in how long .
i am not millenials but i totally agree  on this mate,because we have seen already the first 10 years of bitcoin and how much have this become,so what more in the next 5-10 years?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit

Finding markets for real estates isn't tough. I have once a real estate agent and I can always find clients which I can say very interested by just looking at their expressions.
With the continued expansion of residential area in my developing city, I disagree with the OP's view as Bitcoin a better investment than real estate. Sure Bitcoin can make someone rich in the long run, but so does real estate which has much lesser risk than Bitcoin.
Real estate cannot be stolen from you, thats one example of risk Bitcoin has.
Activity: 434
Merit: 29

British digital asset management firm CoinShares has released a report that outlines a number of trends in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency market in 2019.

The report describes the social, political, economic, and technological forces driving cryptocurrency adoption, and the consequent trends that have materialized in the cryptocurrency market.

The report opens with the technological, economic, political, and social macro forces that have brought the cryptocurrency market to its current state.

As a millennial myself, I would highly agree with this. Although that gold and real estate are both reliable long-term investments, it's just that Bitcoin is "red hot" right now. The risks are higher though due to the volatility of the market.

Real Estate is in a Bubble.  Bitcoin is also in a Bubble.   I would sell Millenials as much Real Estate and Bitcoin as they desire, and let them fund my retirement  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

with the migration crisis the useless government is causing i wouldn't wonder.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
I think this is stupid to be fair. A lot of millennials are too invested in the short term, and the price mania in 2017 was a pretty good example of why, and to a certain extent, if you are young and have money to risk, it's worth it!

Although, I'm personally someone who believes that if you are smart enough to invest in the correct buildings, real estate is a very profitable long-term investment since it's only really been going up in recent years.

An interesting study nonetheless didn't know BTC, was THIS popular around millenniums.
And technically bitcoin and cryptocurrency is the most accessible form of investment for the millennials, we can say that because millennials do not have many funds to invest in a real estate, or not really have a safe place to store Gold, it is the cryptocurrency that opens up a lot of opportunities to them, such as providing own bank accounts, promised price increase because of the bitcoin infrastructure (halving and more), and trading opportunities that can provide huge profits.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
There is no maintance cost to HODLING bitcoin while there is huge in real estate.
Real estate is paying upkeep fee/rent/whatever there is, its a cost you need to take.
Gold is either physical so you really got gold, which creates huge problem in storage, security of storage which is addiotional upkeep fee or you have "digital gold" so some paper that some company tell you they hold it for you which could be lie or not true at all. No upkeep cost, but huge risk.
In Bitcoin you can have it on pendrive with no upkeep cost if you know anything about security at all. No wonder its best from all 3 propositions.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
Millenials don't have money to invest in real estate, lol. And they don't have time to wait for returns from gold. So, yoloing with stocks and crypto is a pretty logical thing to do in this situation. Just don't mortgage your house only to panic sell at a loss later, and don't go all in on a single asset.

Millennials are a very stupid generation who are drowning in debt and have no life skills. Bitcoin will collapse in the coming recession and wipe them out even further.

ok boomer
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
I think this is stupid to be fair. A lot of millennials are too invested in the short term, and the price mania in 2017 was a pretty good example of why, and to a certain extent, if you are young and have money to risk, it's worth it!

Although, I'm personally someone who believes that if you are smart enough to invest in the correct buildings, real estate is a very profitable long-term investment since it's only really been going up in recent years.

An interesting study nonetheless didn't know BTC, was THIS popular around millenniums.
Activity: 21
Merit: 2
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
. Yes there are volatile stocks as well but what they are after is more than a 10-20% gain on their capital and that is where cryptocurrencies come in particularly Bitcoin since it has the potential to double or even triple in just a months time which compared in the stock market only penny stocks can do it and not the big market cap ones.

I think this depends a lot on the country.

In Brazil stocks are much more popular between millennials, the volatility hre is enormous.

In USA the volatility is high as well. Sp500 is facing new all time highs monthly since trump showed up.
Sp500 is an index fo the 500 biggest stocks in USA, and It increased more than 60% since 2016. This is huge .
I am sure millennials are buying it a lot, as millennials are the ones who are working and making money right now.

Ofc bitcoin can increase much more, but it also can make you lose money...

I'm not completely saying that Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies is the only thing that millennials are going for but in reality they want what's best for their money and that is fast moving assets that their pockets could handle so you will immediately eliminate assets such as real estate, and precious metals since both are harder to obtain and has a steep price aside from that they aren't the "fast movers" they are looking for. So we are really left out on assets we could buy with our salary such as stocks, forex, and cryptocurrencies (I left out mutual funds since this isn't really where your money want to go to). So it's really up to you as a millennial on where your want your money to grow. It doesn't matter whether or not you are on a developed country or in a developing country since each person has it's own preference on where they want to invest.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
To all of the millennials here in Bitcointalk, do you also agree that Bitcoin is a much better option than gold or real estate?

bitcoin is a much higher risk / higher reward proposition. nascent and emerging markets always have much more growth potential than established markets. that's because they are more speculative and risky.

so to me, bitcoin isn't better or worse per se. it's just the best play to make if you have limited capital---the most bang for your buck in terms of potential ROI. i'd like to take some of those returns off the table in the next bull market and roll them into more conservative investments like gold and real estate. once you have more capital, it makes sense to diversify into lower risk markets.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 6006
bitcoindata.science
. Yes there are volatile stocks as well but what they are after is more than a 10-20% gain on their capital and that is where cryptocurrencies come in particularly Bitcoin since it has the potential to double or even triple in just a months time which compared in the stock market only penny stocks can do it and not the big market cap ones.

I think this depends a lot on the country.

In Brazil stocks are much more popular between millennials, the volatility hre is enormous.

In USA the volatility is high as well. Sp500 is facing new all time highs monthly since trump showed up.
Sp500 is an index fo the 500 biggest stocks in USA, and It increased more than 60% since 2016. This is huge .
I am sure millennials are buying it a lot, as millennials are the ones who are working and making money right now.

Ofc bitcoin can increase much more, but it also can make you lose money...
Pages:
Jump to: