Pages:
Author

Topic: Mind uploading and/or chip implants in the body as alternative to wallets - page 3. (Read 441 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Hacking implants already exists: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/31/hacking-risk-recall-pacemakers-patient-death-fears-fda-firmware-update

TL:DR: Half a million cardiac pacemakers (devices implanted under the skin of your chest to control irregular heartbeats) had a security flaw that would have allowed hackers to alter the patient's heartrate and kill them.

Sure, a chip in the finger might be relatively harmless in comparison, but it could easily be used to track your every movement, even your sleeping patterns. Or maybe they could deliberately overheat it?

If you were a terrorist why would you bother recruiting idiots to blow themselves up when you could finish off a million people at the press of an enter button?

I can foresee a one off 9/11 spectacular before billions of people rip the shit they've had implanted in their bodies out for good. It's going to take something of that magnitude before enough people wake up to what they're exposing themselves to.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
I reserve the right to disassociate myself from anything technological at any moment. I don't want anything buried in my hot body.

The one thing that's becoming increasingly clear as the world becomes ever more internet heavy, is how lax security is treated when efforts really need to be massively stepped up. It appears to be last thing on designer minds.

Hacking implants already exists: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/31/hacking-risk-recall-pacemakers-patient-death-fears-fda-firmware-update

TL:DR: Half a million cardiac pacemakers (devices implanted under the skin of your chest to control irregular heartbeats) had a security flaw that would have allowed hackers to alter the patient's heartrate and kill them.

Sure, a chip in the finger might be relatively harmless in comparison, but it could easily be used to track your every movement, even your sleeping patterns. Or maybe they could deliberately overheat it?
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
I've been watching and reading alot about chip implants and they might be the future to be honest, like think of it, having your ID and every information about you in your skin, the same could work for your bitcoin wallet or fiat wallet, making a fast payment which would be very easy. However I do think that it could be vulnerable to hackers and scammer, but you never know, technology right Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I reserve the right to disassociate myself from anything technological at any moment. I don't want anything buried in my hot body.

The one thing that's becoming increasingly clear as the world becomes ever more internet heavy, is how lax security is treated when efforts really need to be massively stepped up. It appears to be last thing on designer minds.

When you can take control remotely of a Jeep that isn't even autonomous, the move towards everything being accessible is looking like an apocalypse in the making.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
Eugenics > Transhumanism. Always.

It already happened: "World's first Bitcoin payment to NFC microchip implanted to hand" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyhqjs7wm-M

Personally I don't see much point behind equipping chip-implants with payment options. You can easily create payment system when you won't need any device - you just associate your account with biometric data and could authorise payments with fingerprints/eye/face recognition. Seems pretty straight forward for 3rd party services, obviously more complicated with decentralised crypto.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
This is an old blog post I found this morning as I was reading up on cryptos but after reading it, I thought I would share it here in the bitcoin community to ask what is your opinion of implanting chips in your body and/or using your digitized brain as an alternative wallets. This idea came to my mind especially since a few months ago, I saw in the news that there are people who are getting chip implants on their hands and they can use those chips to pay for goods and services. If the chip implants can be used for fiat, do you think it can be used for crypto as well? Also, do you think that if it can be applicable to cryptocurrency, it will make our coins safer from hackers and scammers? And one last thing, will it even make a difference if we have a chip implanted on our body to store our coins?
Pages:
Jump to: