Pages:
Author

Topic: Minecraft Server Hosting from $2.95/month | US & EU Servers - page 2. (Read 9903 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Prices Reduced, Now $5.95 per 1GB RAM Smiley
I wished you offer vps for that cheap. Cheesy

For Minecraft hosting?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com

I wished you offer vps for that cheap. Cheesy
legendary
nahtnam.com
How much does an private IP cost?
We do not offer dedicated IP, why you want to pay for dedicated IP $2 or more per month when you can use a free sub-domain?
I am with everyone else here. We all want to use our own domain without ports, which requires a dedicated IP. Sub-domains don't look professional at all for servers.
You can use a sub-domain of your domain OR our domain to connect to your server without port AND without dedicated IP Smiley
Just enter your sub-domain instead of server IP, NO PORT REQUIRED, yes it's possible Smiley

Sorry, it doesnt really make sense. I have my own domain name that I want to use. The defauly port is 25565 so if you want to use connect to a minecraft server, the server has to run on the ip's 25565 port.
Actually, no. If your DNS host supports SRV records, you can use them to point directly to that specific port. Even if you have, say, damcserver.com with a port of 26800, you can use an SRV record so that people can put in the domain name without the port and still get to your server. I do believe someone here mentioned it before me.

Oh, right. Thanks.

I used to have a server before and I couldnt get SRV records working so I totally disregarded that. Maybe it will work this time.
Actually, no. If your DNS host supports SRV records, you can use them to point directly to that specific port. Even if you have, say, damcserver.com with a port of 26800, you can use an SRV record so that people can put in the domain name without the port and still get to your server. I do believe someone here mentioned it before me.

That's correct, thank you

nahtnam you just need to enter your sub-domain (instead of server IP) to connect, so you can save $2 or more per month, again NO dedicated IP or port required  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
We do not offer dedicated IP, why you want to pay for dedicated IP $2 or more per month when you can use a free sub-domain?
I am with everyone else here. We all want to use our own domain without ports, which requires a dedicated IP. Sub-domains don't look professional at all for servers.
You can use a sub-domain of your domain OR our domain to connect to your server without port AND without dedicated IP Smiley
Just enter your sub-domain instead of server IP, NO PORT REQUIRED, yes it's possible Smiley

Sorry, it doesnt really make sense. I have my own domain name that I want to use. The defauly port is 25565 so if you want to use connect to a minecraft server, the server has to run on the ip's 25565 port.
legendary
Activity: 1522
www.bitkong.com
These are decent prices for Minecraft Hosting. I've seen some better that offer a bit more advantages. But are these prices negotiable in any way?
legendary
nahtnam.com

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I am happy to help anyone who needs help with minecraft server management. I worked for hosting company before and familiar with it, such as permissions and others!
@ServStrong,

My daughter wants a small minecraft server, she has a question:

If she gets the cheapest option; will she be able to transfer her built world without problems if she upgrades to the next option?

Yes, it's possible, what's the server mod? Vanilla (Minecraft default server), Bukkit or ... ?

Defaut minecraft, with "world edit" mod.

Ok, all you need is to upload the world files into the 'world' directory of the server, Smiley you can do this by using Multcraft FTP client or send a ticket
g4c
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
@ServStrong,

If she gets the cheapest option; will she be able to transfer her built world without problems if she upgrades to the next option?

Yes, it's possible, what's the server mod? Vanilla (Minecraft default server), Bukkit or ... ?

Defaut minecraft, with "world edit" mod.
@ServStrong,

g4c
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
@ServStrong,

To all the people wanting their own domain: You can buy your own domain from a place like Namecheap.com and then make a CNAME record for your domain (ex: mc.heroicraft.net -> sub.domain.com). That way when you connect to mc.heroicraft.net, it forwards to whatever sub.domain.com is. It is also SRV Record compatible.

Thank you
Also you can buy your domain name from us Smiley and add your SRV records in our domain control panel
legendary
Activity: 858
To all the people wanting their own domain: You can buy your own domain from a place like Namecheap.com and then make a CNAME record for your domain (ex: mc.heroicraft.net -> sub.domain.com). That way when you connect to mc.heroicraft.net, it forwards to whatever sub.domain.com is. It is also SRV Record compatible.
Any promo codes I should be aware of? Wink

Unfortunately there is no promo code at this time

EDIT: Also, how easy is it to upgrade/downgrade?

Just send a ticket and we will change your plan, in most cases It takes a few minutes Smiley
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
I will contact my tech admin about this. The prices looks pretty good, especially for the SSDs. I'll get a server in the next couple of days and report back with an update. Any promo codes I should be aware of? Wink

EDIT: Also, how easy is it to upgrade/downgrade? (Any further questions will be asked through PM to avoid cluttering this thread).
Ah, that's great. With SRV I presume?

Yes, exactly Smiley
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Ah, that's great. With SRV I presume?
Pages:
Jump to: