Pages:
Author

Topic: Miner's Widget (Android Status Widget) - page 2. (Read 8244 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
June 07, 2011, 12:05:52 PM
I added support for BTC Guild. The information displayed for BTC Guild right now is:
- confirmed reward
- total hashrate of all workers
- total shares of all workers

I'm already thinking about how I could make the information displayed customizable. What I thought about doing was to add an option for an API Key for each pool and then the user could chose an information to display in each one of the four spots. For example:
Spot 1: [BTC Guild] confirmed reward
Spot 2: [deepbit] - confirmed reward
Spot 3: Exchange rate
Spot 4: Difficulty
What do you think about that?

I would be very happy about feedback for the BTC Guild support since personally I'm using deepbit at the moment. I will publish the source code as soon as I cleaned it up.
Activity: 28
June 07, 2011, 06:29:39 AM
For iOS, I found this JSON app called JSON explorer that works pretty well with pools (tested with slush amd Deepbit.net) -- this was not free.
https://i.imgur.com/rBQaU.png

Also saw a new Bitcoin app (of same name) with market data and future wallet support.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
June 07, 2011, 06:18:42 AM
I can't test it until you add BTCGuild ): I still love the idea, and once you get BTCGuild on there I'll have a small donation your way.
Activity: 5
June 06, 2011, 05:17:35 PM
It would be great if you could add other pools as well. (BTC Guild, Slush's Pool, etc...)

I would donate for that.  Cheesy

I second this...support for BTC Guild would get my donation.

Also, another cool addition would be a notification (vibrate, android bar notification) if it appears something isn't working (miner down, pool down, etc).  I would assume you could just take share data at one state and then some time later (Per hour) take share data again and compare.  Just a thought that may be nice.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 06, 2011, 09:58:21 AM
BTC Guild support would be neat.  Good job so far.

Oh, and would you mind releasing the source so I can get a glimpse of what a basic widget looks like?  I just got an Android phone recently and I'm thinking of starting development soon.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
June 06, 2011, 09:51:38 AM
It would be great if you could add other pools as well. (BTC Guild, Slush's Pool, etc...)

I would donate for that.  Cheesy
June 06, 2011, 09:28:18 AM
New version:
- USD/Bitcoin exchange rate
- Manual refresh button
- New design
Activity: 50
June 06, 2011, 04:11:29 AM
Works great on my Samsung Moment. Simple, but all I needed. Thanks for this!
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
June 06, 2011, 04:09:29 AM
Great idea, I'll test it out tomorrow Smiley
June 06, 2011, 04:04:16 AM
Hi guys,

I just started mining and I thought that it would be nice to have the mining status available on-the-go. I wrote an Android widget to display the status. For now it's really simple:
It displays the reward, the current hashrate and how many workers are alive. Status is updated once an hour. Currently only deepbit is supported but if there is interest, I'll add support for other pools.

Screenshot:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8112/deviceaa.th.png

At the moment the widget is not on the market yet but you can download the .apk here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2312179/MinersWidget.apk (install, chose "Miner's Widget" from the widget list)
The only permission it uses is internet for downloading the status.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Donations: 1PmEDafrYtnTDEGL8NXYrq4gR7f2u1gvw1
Pages:
Jump to: