Pages:
Author

Topic: Mini Rig announcement by Butterfly Labs - 25gh/s - page 8. (Read 34181 times)

donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
Well why giving nothing back ? the more people mine the quicker the transactions will get done
Why do you think so ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Well why giving nothing back ? the more people mine the quicker the transactions will get done and less room for 51% hashing power attack.

Without miners investing into hardware to support the network the BTC will die. I see BTC more suitable for tax/fee avoidance transactions, not investment currency.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Once I can cash in my Gold I am ready to order.

Good luck and pray that you will not find this inside : http://silverdoctors.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/tungsten-filled-1-kilo-gold-bar.html Cheesy

Also, why not buy BTC directly using gold or after converting gold to USD if you believe in the cause of BTC and willing to invest $25k in something that is a paperweight outside of BTC ?

I think people are fooling themselves with these boxes in terms of ROI. I am quite sure that when all these 25 ghash/s rigs come online we will quickly get to difficulty above 2 million very quickly.

I don't believe in BTC, only in mining it while it is worth something.

If I spend $15k on BTC and then it drops to $1/BTC then I have forever lost money. BUt with the mini rig at $1/BTC it will still bring $4000 USD per year. So it's a no brainer.

Funnily enough it is exactly this profiteer nature that I think will be the death of BTC come block reward halving and December 2012.

What we need right now is people buying BTC because it has a value ( SR for example ) not people leeching and jumping on the "get rich" train and giving nothing back.

Have it your way Cheesy

Good luck and pray that you will not find this inside : http://silverdoctors.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/tungsten-filled-1-kilo-gold-bar.html Cheesy

Also, why not buy BTC directly using gold or after converting gold to USD if you believe in the cause of BTC and willing to invest $25k in something that is a paperweight outside of BTC ?

I think people are fooling themselves with these boxes in terms of ROI. I am quite sure that when all these 25 ghash/s rigs come online we will quickly get to difficulty above 2 million very quickly.

I don't believe in BTC, only in mining it while it is worth something.

If I spend $15k on BTC and then it drops to $1/BTC then I have forever lost money. BUt with the mini rig at $1/BTC it will still bring $4000 USD per year. So it's a no brainer.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Not quite 15 yet  Wink

Well currently the network is up to 15 Thash, most are probably GPUs, to replace it with Mini Rigs@25Ghash each it will take only 600 units. 600*15k = $9 000 000.
Activity: 697

I view mining as an escalating war. Right now GPUs are the method of choice for scratching out a few BTC/day. Soon however the big boys will be playing with massive FPGA setups and relegate GPUs to hobbyists and individuals who can't secure the capital to invest in FPGA. Luckily GPUs still have a competitive MH/$ but the profits earned are a fraction of FPGAs. In the end the mining market will stabilize with the new default platform of FPGA. I also don't doubt that the difficulty will spike with the introduction of more FPGAs. It'll get to the point where a number of GPU miners drop out due to negative income and things stabilize with a fraction of GPU miners on cheap/free power and a majority of FPGA miners.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I am quite sure that when all these 25 ghash/s rigs come online we will quickly get to difficulty above 2 million very quickly.

Quite true. At 2 million difficulty these rigs are still exceptionally profitable. And when the block reward drops to 25 btc/block, they're still very profitable. If my btc wallet was bigger I would totally order one.
Activity: 518

vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
How many rev3 units do you have giga?   Wink Tongue Grin

EDIT:  VVV  Officially off my chair laughing! bastard.  VVV

You know me, I'll post more pics when the time is right.  Wink
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
How many rev3 units do you have giga?   Wink Tongue Grin
Over 9000
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
How many rev3 units do you have giga?   Wink Tongue Grin

EDIT:  VVV  Officially off my chair laughing! bastard.  VVV
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Has anyone gotten a Rev3 unit yet? BFL said they would be shipping out and the end of March.

Rev3 units are shipping.
Activity: 481
Has anyone gotten a Rev3 unit yet? BFL said they would be shipping out and the end of March.
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!

1 BTC for the small one. It's a great offer.

Curious, are there any individuals going in as a group to purchase one of these?

See 'gigamining' on GLBSE.

Yup, seen gigavps' operation. I want singles for myself though to add to my own farm. This is a hobby for me and I enjoy watching the machines hum away, blink lights at me and update charts.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Curious, are there any individuals going in as a group to purchase one of these?

See 'gigamining' on GLBSE.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Id bet this had been asked before but...

Would this hardware be useful for anything else if the bitcoin network disappeared tomorrow?
Pages:
Jump to: