Pages:
Author

Topic: Mini Rig crowdfunding idea? - page 2. (Read 3400 times)

donator
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
May 17, 2012, 07:01:41 PM
If you choose to participate in this, and once I have received the Mini-Rig I will send you:

per day: 0.00451612
per week: 0.03258064
per month: 0.14225806

You initial pledge of ONE bitcoin will be paid back within a maximum of 7 month

You are in essence asking for a loan of 1 BTC and paying back ~28% extra in 9 months (or even a bit more) - but only "if the Mini Rig runs as great as they say". These are far worse conditions than most loans made to random strangers on this forum. Why sould I trust you - for 9 months?!

Also you don't seem to know a lot about mining, if you say "Running 25GH/s would [...] make transactions of WalletBit so much quicker."

Sorry, maybe try to open up an asset (with verification!) on GLBSE, it's made for these things (support for dividends/paybacks, easy handling of shares...). The idea is great, but quite a few people also had it already - and they are expanding aggresively.

Good question about why you should trust me, and to be honest I cannot provide an answer, other then I keep bitcoins safe for people at WalletBit. This is the best I can do to prove my honesty.
donator
May 17, 2012, 06:58:51 PM

If the Mini Rig runs as great as they say, I will extend the bitcoin you get everyday to at least two months beyond your initial payback.

Wait, so all we get is our money back at the end of the 7 months, you keep the rig, and maybe we get a few more months of payout?

I don't see the upside, other than you getting a MiniRig.

I see your point Fuzzy, but with it you will also get lighting fast transactions / confirmations on WalletBit and you will help in securing the Bitcoin network even more from the 51% attack.

I am open for suggestions in regards to providing something more for people!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
May 17, 2012, 06:58:12 PM
If you choose to participate in this, and once I have received the Mini-Rig I will send you:

You are in essence asking for a loan of 1 BTC and paying back ~28% extra in 9 months (or even a bit more) - but only "if the Mini Rig runs as great as they say". These are far worse conditions than most loans made to random strangers on this forum. Why sould I trust you - for 9 months?!

Also you don't seem to know a lot about mining, if you say "Running 25GH/s would [...] make transactions of WalletBit so much quicker."

Sorry, maybe try to open up an asset (with verification!) on GLBSE, it's made for these things (support for dividends/paybacks, easy handling of shares...). The idea is great, but quite a few people also had it already - and they are expanding aggresively.
Activity: 560
May 17, 2012, 06:50:14 PM

If the Mini Rig runs as great as they say, I will extend the bitcoin you get everyday to at least two months beyond your initial payback.

Wait, so all we get is our money back at the end of the 7 months, you keep the rig, and maybe we get a few more months of payout?

I don't see the upside, other than you getting a MiniRig.
donator
May 17, 2012, 06:19:42 PM

Great, lets have more people know about these projects. You cannot get enough hashrate Smiley
donator
May 17, 2012, 06:01:40 PM
I had an idea which might be plausible.

Crowdfunding a Butterflylabs Mini Rig for WalletBit

The Mini Rig is priced at $15,295 with a performance of: 25.2 Giga Hash / S @ 1,250w  This is a very steep price to be able to afford alone!

So the idea is to get 3000 people to pledge ONE bitcoin. And to keep track of this I am asking people to submit their pledge at this website https://walletbit.com/crowdfunding

I have already pledged 100 bitcoin to this cause on my own behalf!

With 3100 bitcoin in hand I will purchase the Mini-Rig and run it from my rack closet in my hosting center, paying the electricity bill, managing the firmware updates myself.

Running 25GH/s would help secure the bitcoin network from the 51% attack, and make confirmations on WalletBit be faster by paying a bigger paytxfee.

I hope you will be as excited about this idea as I am!

Yours sincerely
Kris
Pages:
Jump to: