Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining, AMD Drivers & OpenCL - page 2. (Read 9935 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
March 17, 2017, 02:27:08 PM

• Installed 16.12.1, all cards detected and Claymore's miner hash at half speed.
  • Extracted the files from the 16.3.2 exe.
  • Replaced amd_opencl32.dllamd_opencl64.dll, amdocl.dll & amdocl64.dll in system32 drivestore with the ones from that old driver.
  • Claymore's miner now shows error : no opencl gpu's found

Is this even possible ? or am i just trying something that does not make sense to begin with.

Maybe you need to use DDU to uninstall and then reinstall. Or you need to have a clean OS.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
March 13, 2017, 02:25:30 PM

• Installed 16.12.1, all cards detected and Claymore's miner hash at half speed.
  • Extracted the files from the 16.3.2 exe.
  • Replaced amd_opencl32.dllamd_opencl64.dll, amdocl.dll & amdocl64.dll in system32 drivestore with the ones from that old driver.
  • Claymore's miner now shows error : no opencl gpu's found

Is this even possible ? or am i just trying something that does not make sense to begin with.
March 12, 2017, 02:59:00 PM

@AlphaSun I tried multiple things, none worked.

I will test this : http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/amd-opencl but my guess it won't work as i don't see any opencl dll's in the miner (Claymore's) directory itself.

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
March 12, 2017, 02:09:26 PM

Hello,

I didn't want to highjack Claymore's thread to discuss something off topic.

Since miners are kind of forced to use AMD's drivers ver 15.12 & 16.3.2 for best performance or sometimes even for the miner to work at all
Is there a way to install a newer driver then copy/overwrite the needed old OpenCL stuff from 15.12 ?

Example, my triple Radeon Pro Duo setup will never ever install all cards with old drivers.
Newer drivers installs fine but with either crashing the miner, hashing @ 0, or best case with 16.12.1, hash at half speed.
Also facing the exact issue with 4x Sapphire's Fury Nitro

Any ideas ?

You can do that if the version difference between the old and new driver is not too different. You just need to try.
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
March 12, 2017, 01:58:05 PM
yea i have an idea, why dont you try it  you lazy fuck...
March 12, 2017, 09:36:29 AM

Hello,

I didn't want to highjack Claymore's thread to discuss something off topic.

Since miners are kind of forced to use AMD's drivers ver 15.12 & 16.3.2 for best performance or sometimes even for the miner to work at all
Is there a way to install a newer driver then copy/overwrite the needed old OpenCL stuff from 15.12 ?

Example, my triple Radeon Pro Duo setup will never ever install all cards with old drivers.
Newer drivers installs fine but with either crashing the miner, hashing @ 0, or best case with 16.12.1, hash at half speed.
Also facing the exact issue with 4x Sapphire's Fury Nitro

Any ideas ?

Pages:
Jump to: