Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining by using website visiters - page 2. (Read 768 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
October 12, 2017, 04:11:30 PM
Most websites use Javascript to load an altcoin mining script on the browser that can be used to mine various coins, usually XMR. Adblock can stop this. No website or plugin actually mines Bitcoin, so I would suggest moving this thread to the Altcoin Mining section.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
October 12, 2017, 01:45:37 PM
Came across a site, which tried to upload Trojan to my PC. It turned out it was using my capacities for mining while I was at the site. What do you know about such sites? Do they do any harm to PCs? And is it profitable to mine by such means?

Now not all the cloud sites contains the malware's in it. If they have many advertising on the pages you can understand they are too much money concerned site so they will give errors in using the site or payment won't be proper for the miners you have invested there to buy the hash powers from the network pools.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
October 12, 2017, 11:33:09 AM
Websites are trying to push mining as a money source but most users pcs wont be profitable on some coins. Plus in sone countries its classified as theft and if caught could result in jail time. So sketchy websites do it to provide income since they dont care about jailtime. Kind of like pirate bay but i do not think even with their traffic its profitable enough to do it. Its cents per machine like I said, jail time and wrecks computers in some cases. Dont be a scummy human being please. Vote no to internet browser mining. Respect people and make it a choice instead of a donation.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
October 12, 2017, 11:17:55 AM
Came across a site, which tried to upload Trojan to my PC. It turned out it was using my capacities for mining while I was at the site. What do you know about such sites? Do they do any harm to PCs? And is it profitable to mine by such means?
Pages:
Jump to: