Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining during the correction - page 2. (Read 554 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 16
January 17, 2018, 10:15:31 AM
$18/day?  Someone knows something I don't know.   Grin
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
January 17, 2018, 10:02:00 AM
Waaaahhhhhhh waaaahhhhhh i'm only making 18$ a day..... Really?  

I remember we were making 3.50 a day and cost of power was 1.80 and guess what I was still okay with it.  Quit belly aching man it's still kick ass as far as profits.  We all knew a correction was eminent and now we can move past it.  It could last a month a year or a day, but we all knew it was coming.

18$ a day and power still 1.80 is sweet tits!

also, if you have $ i'd buy some of probably any coin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
January 17, 2018, 09:56:34 AM
Screw dialing it back.  Overclock FTW baby!

I only wish some miners would take a hike and dump the difficulty a bit for those of us sticking it out while everything is in the toilet.  lol
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
January 17, 2018, 09:18:30 AM
Corrections come and go - and you don't even really know if this is the bottom or not... In terms of mining, the best rule is to dial everything in to be as lean and mean as possible, this way you can mine through the bad times as well as the booms.

The nice part about mining is no one tells you when to sell, so if you can affordably mine, and you just wait until the coins you mine rebound, then you effectively make back whatever lost revenue you had during the down time... Of course it's always possible it never rebounds, in which case we're all screwed and better to go fetch those eBay buyers while they're still there.

There's a bunch of things at play right now that make it interesting - there's a shortage of GPU's in the market, the secondary market is commanding (or at least asking) for crazy prices, and now the crypto markets have effectively tanked.  

I will say this, show me another investment that returns your capital outlay in MONTH and not years - simple answer, there aren't any.  Sure, it's not as good as it was, but it's still outstanding... I remember when I used to get used S5's or Terminator A2's and ROI in 30 days - was that great?  Sure, but it never lasts - just enjoy the good times and keep it lean in the tough ones.  Wink

Also, I'm long on crypto - so these fluctuations up and down that last weeks or months are largely irrelevant to me, I'll just wait it out because I believe it will play a larger and larger role in society going forward - but I'm also an optimist.  Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
January 17, 2018, 07:57:58 AM
Well I just got my $3500 rig together and started mining 4 days ago.  Was making $27 a day on Nicehash and now about $18.50 per day.  ROI won't be in a few months more like 1/2 of a year, at current rates.

I was expecting this could happen but was hoping it wouldn't for a couple months, because I really want to get this thing to pay for itself asap.  Wishful thinking Smiley

I'll keep mining... this might take a year to pay off who knows.  At least I sold my investment in Ethereum for $1350 the other day to help pay for this rig.   I'll sell some other assets I have laying around here collecting dust, not appreciating -- otherwise 15% credit card interest wont be kind to me on $3500 rig.

I'll get this rig paid off ASAP regardless and just hold onto what I mine.

Would appreciate hearing any stories from some veteran miners here that have gone through times of correction and reduced profits Smiley

Interestingly, I am still seeing GTX 1070 TI's going for $700 on ebay.. I bought five recently at $519 (newegg & bhphotovideo autonotify), so technically if I sold my rig I'd make money on it.. but I really dont' want to do that.  I find mining very exciting and totally geeky.. even decorating my rig with steampunk theme.

Wish everyone the best.  I'll keeping mining Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: