Pages:
Author

Topic: MINING FARM IN INDIA (A HARDWARE POOL) - page 2. (Read 2568 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
September 10, 2017, 03:44:00 AM
Setting up a farm in Bangalore is the worst economical idea anyone can have.

Why so? I mean I'm not very knowledgeable about mining on a large scale.... more of a trader. I always thought Bangalore has the infrastructure to run MNC offices, data centres and IT parks and all that stuff right? Isn't that the closest thing to a mining farm? I mean electricity wise? Or is there more to it than just electricity consumption?

There's a LOT more to it than electricity consumption or the infrastructure.
There's the humidity issue, the temperature issue, just these factors alone will send destroy around 20% of your hardware.
At the least of it all lies the electricity rates which is bonkers at Bangalore and other leading metros.

I agree with you as my brother lives in karnataka and tells about the high cost of electricity and how much political parties are corrupt. I dont think if you setup in bangalore you will get lot of government problems as it will create lot of noise and it is not suitable for it.

The noise is not a huge issue at all. No one can make a fuss about what noises you make within your own building. No gov has the right to do it.
But it is the electricity rates, heat and moisture that would make it downright unprofitable to mine in the metros.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
September 09, 2017, 05:32:56 PM

Why so? I mean I'm not very knowledgeable about mining on a large scale.... more of a trader. I always thought Bangalore has the infrastructure to run MNC offices, data centres and IT parks and all that stuff right? Isn't that the closest thing to a mining farm? I mean electricity wise? Or is there more to it than just electricity consumption?

There's the humidity issue, the temperature issue, just these factors alone will send destroy around 20% of your hardware.
At the least of it all lies the electricity rates which is bonkers at Bangalore and other leading metros.

I agree with you as my brother lives in karnataka and tells about the high cost of electricity and how much political parties are corrupt. I dont think if you setup in bangalore you will get lot of government problems as it will create lot of noise and it is not suitable for it.
www.V.systems
September 09, 2017, 03:59:09 PM

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 01:06:35 PM

www.V.systems
September 09, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 12:38:10 PM
Nice idea.... I know a guy who might be interested. He's planning on setting up one in Bangalore. I'll forward this post and email id to him.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
September 06, 2017, 05:18:44 AM
I have ordered a couple of Antminers from Bitmain. I am planning to create a mining farm in India.

With farm I mean, more than 100 miners/ rigs etc .. and a typical setup later for contractual mining (cloud mining).

1. Who plans to collaborate?
2. Any comments on challenges we may face apart from electricity?
3.  Will this change how people see Indian transaction system?

One place, my machine + your machine + shared cost (A HARDWARE POOL)

PM or Comment or email at [email protected]
Pages:
Jump to: