Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Farm Software Comparison - page 2. (Read 522 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 33
July 07, 2021, 04:03:52 AM

Now I am curious.  What they working on? 

I didn't understand your question.
If you are asking what we do as the Mineitor team?
We are providing a Remote monitoring and management solution with automation tools and alerts.
It helps farm owners to better manage and maintain their farms and devices. So they can reduce costs and increase revenue and increase their security from many aspects.

We respect the privacy of our customers and It's not like what Kano said that we don't care about the license. We haven't created any firmware and don't own it. We just provided an offer to the users of that firmware. And all the responsibility of how did they developed and what software they used in developing their firmware is with the Vnish team. So many users already are using their firmware whether we offer that service or not. We are just focused on our own company's success and growth. As I already said If we would want to not provide support for firmware that violating the CGMiner license, We have to drop support for almost all of the miners in the industry, not just Vnish. That's impossible. And keep in mind that we are not responsible for what others do.
July 07, 2021, 03:44:14 AM
You distribute it, so you are required to provide the source code.
That's how the GPLv3 license works.
Actually, I am in the same position as you but what am I trying to say is that 99% of this industry is not respecting the License.
Let's make it more clear,
Bitmain, Whatsminer, Innosilicon, and many more Even Goldshell that TSUB uses, which uses BFGMiner that also is violating the GPLv3 license.

So can we say 90% of the mining industry is currently violating Licenses? this means that 90% of your pool users are using devices and firmware that violate the GPLv3 license.

As Mineitor team we have three goals
1.Support any model and brand of miners which includes custom firmwares. so we can reach as many users.
2.Provide the best possible Customer Service.
3.Provide the best tools possible for monitoring and management.

As result, we can't lose the part of customers that is willing to use custom firmware. so we launched our partnership program which includes Vnish and in the future, there will be more.

Let's be honest with each other. You can't prevent them from using your pool. If you do then you will have to shutdown your service.
I looked at your website. You only prevent Custom Firmware. If you care, In the first place you need to stop using miners and giving service to them. Even firmware provided by the miner manufacturer

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
July 06, 2021, 09:57:20 PM
Well they're happy to violate the license, what else might they do inside their portal ...
You are right about CGminer License. But you are wrong about what we do. It is not our own Firmware.
Actually, we don't have our Firmware so we don't own the source code to share, It is part of our partnership program, all users are free to decide if they want to use Vnish Firmware or not. It is why we called the firmware Vnish-Mineitor. So users will know this is the same firmware with Vnish.
Many users don't care If custom firmware developers share the source code or not. Vnish is respected in the community among many users. so we respected and cooperated with them.
With your logic many miner manufacturers is violating CGminer License which also is connecting to your pool. so you are the supporter of them?

Now I am curious.  What they working on? 

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
July 06, 2021, 07:00:07 PM
Well they're happy to violate the license, what else might they do inside their portal ...
You are right about CGminer License. But you are wrong about what we do. It is not our own Firmware.
You distribute it, so you are required to provide the source code.
That's how the GPLv3 license works.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
July 06, 2021, 11:37:57 AM
Awesomeminer and HiveFarm violate the cgminer license since.
They have firmware that runs with their software that violates the license.

I've no idea about the other two.

This one violates the cgminer license also since they provide a firmware without the miner source code.

There is custom firmware by the name "Luxor Tech" which I believe belongs to Luxor, so this makes 4 of them.

OP, I use AwesomeMiner and it's great, I have checked Mineitor and it looks as Awesome as AwesomeMiner.
July 06, 2021, 03:51:24 AM
I have to say, working with the support team has been really nice.  Keep throwing curveballs at them and they keep adding and fixing!

Support for the latest Pi hardware - done
Adding Goldshell HS5 - done
Adding Luxor pools to support - in progress

I will have 2 controllers, one for my home farm and one for the colo farm.  Home farm setup and working!

So far so good!

I Am really happy that we could do our job. Adding support for new brands (new for us) is a part of our responsibilities usually it takes less than 24 hours to add support for other brands but I think our developers are a little busy at the moment. We really care about support since we think it is really important.
Thanks for your positive feedback.
July 06, 2021, 03:26:44 AM
Actually, we don't have our Firmware so we don't own the source code to share, It is part of our partnership program, all users are free to decide if they want to use Vnish Firmware or not. It is why we called the firmware Vnish-Mineitor. So users will know this is the same firmware with Vnish.
Many users don't care If custom firmware developers share the source code or not. Vnish is respected in the community among many users. so we respected and cooperated with them.
With your logic many miner manufacturers is violating CGminer License which also is connecting to your pool. so you are the supporter of them?
legendary
July 06, 2021, 02:01:30 AM
That is why we have one month free subscription for Mineitor! Smiley just test it and find out your self.
We have 24/7 support. and also we have features that is unique to Mineitor.
E.g. Remote-browser  or Maintenance-Management or Customer-management , ...
This one violates the cgminer license also since they provide a firmware without the miner source code.

Not using their firmware so not sure that matters (right?).

I like the insight their portal / controllers give.
July 05, 2021, 11:52:08 PM
That is why we have one month free subscription for Mineitor! Smiley just test it and find out your self.

Not using their firmware so not sure that matters (right?).

I like the insight their portal / controllers give.

legendary
July 05, 2021, 09:27:49 PM
July 05, 2021, 03:11:06 PM

I have to say, working with the support team has been really nice.  Keep throwing curveballs at them and they keep adding and fixing!

Support for the latest Pi hardware - done
Adding Goldshell HS5 - done
Adding Luxor pools to support - in progress

I will have 2 controllers, one for my home farm and one for the colo farm.  Home farm setup and working!

So far so good!
June 28, 2021, 05:55:01 AM
legendary
June 26, 2021, 09:39:29 AM
Awesomeminer and HiveFarm violate the cgminer license since.
They have firmware that runs with their software that violates the license.

I've no idea about the other two.
June 26, 2021, 08:12:43 AM
I have only looked at the surface of the various Mining Farm software:

Awesomeminer
Mineitor
Luxor
HiveFarm

I am curious which folks are most impressed with?  I am currently using Luxor on an experimental basis but am wondering what the community thinks?

Pages:
Jump to: