Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining in a country with power challenges. - page 2. (Read 775 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 01, 2022, 09:22:12 AM
How long do the outages last and how much space do you have? There are many places now selling things like the Tesla powerwall. More for commercial / semi-commercial environments then for home use.

In the end they are really just BIG battery backups but they are using old lithium car batteries so for the power they produce the cost is less then going out and buying a massive Schneider Electric unit https://www.se.com/ww/en/product-range/22545656-galaxy-vl/?parent-subcategory-id=8030#overview

There are also solutions that just let you chain a large number of regular 12V car batteries together. Not as efficient and it takes up an insane amount of space but they do work.

All depends on where you are and how much you want to spend and how much space you have and how much time you want to spend maintaining it.

-Dave

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
You have posed a very vague question. Outages how often? How good is the power when it is on?
Sorry I should have been more specific, the power outages are often, and when the power is on, it is typically around 220v but sometimes fluctuates and may fall below that.

If power outages are a very frequent thing then you need to get power that is not tied to your grid. eg solar, wind, small scale hydro etc.
A small scale hydro is not plausible to me, Wind? It is not windy around where I reside so it may be a futile effort to want to harness the power of the wind. I just considered the generators powered by PMS or diesel but that will not be economical. So the best options for me i guess according to my location is Solar, and Gas powered generators.

Miners MUST have a stable incoming voltage typically between 208-240VAC. Prolonged operation below or above that range will quickly kill the miners.
Thank you for spelling out the power requirements.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1783
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
What is the possibility of becoming a successful miner or the chances of success for a miner in a country that still experiences power outages?
if free, then successful more than a miner in a country where the power cost is very expensive  Grin

Anyway there are so many factors to look into like it has been suggested above, You might want to be a little more specific. You might also want to look at the cost of power backup solutions in your country, like Solar energy.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
You have posed a very vague question. Outages how often? How good is the power when it is on?

If power outages are a very frequent thing then you need to get power that is not tied to your grid. eg solar, wind, small scale hydro etc.

If outages are common but not a regular thing then one has to ask how stable is the power when it is on? Miners MUST have a stable incoming voltage typically between 208-240VAC. Prolonged operation below or above that range will quickly kill the miners.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
What is the possibility of becoming a successful miner or the chances of success for a miner in a country that still experiences power outages?

Please suggest any and all possible solutions to this challenge for a bitcoiner interested in giving mining a trial in a country that still experience power outages?
Pages:
Jump to: