Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining In Iran - page 2. (Read 249 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 472
October 29, 2023, 02:27:44 AM
That's an awful arrangement, is Iran not making a lot of money that they're trying their best at not just taxing bitcoin mining that they want a part of the mining themselves? If the government has the say in the part of the miners, that's bound to be full of corruption because the miners don't got a say of how they will get their part, that's like fishing on a lake and the park rangers will take your haul and they will decide what you get, is my comparison sort of correct regarding the mining regulation in Iran?
The articles the OP quoted are close to three years old and there were no links to any legal document. We might not know how valid the information is and also the current situation. But most website seems to agree that Iran is using Bitcoin to invade sanctions from the US and other countries.

Encouraging miners to sell their coins to the government is not a bad idea if they are not forced to do that and the price is competitive. Miners that want to hold coins should be given the freedom to keep them and the price the state is willing to buy should also be the same as in the international market. Failure to treat these miners fairly will make Iran unfriendly and force miners to move to other nations.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 29, 2023, 02:06:38 AM
That's an awful arrangement, is Iran not making a lot of money that they're trying their best at not just taxing bitcoin mining that they want a part of the mining themselves? If the government has the say in the part of the miners, that's bound to be full of corruption because the miners don't got a say of how they will get their part, that's like fishing on a lake and the park rangers will take your haul and they will decide what you get, is my comparison sort of correct regarding the mining regulation in Iran?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2013
October 29, 2023, 12:52:38 AM
Is there anyone knowledgeable about this topic?

I think pooya87 lives either in Iran or near, somewhere in that part of the world. But I think he doesn't have notifications turned on. If you are interested in the topic and you don't get replies in the thread maybe you can send him a PM to read the thread and he can give a reply.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1364
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃
October 28, 2023, 10:26:28 AM
While searching online, I found this article published in 2020, which states that miners in Iran must sell everything they earn through channels subject to the authority of the Central Bank of Iran. I did not know anything about this subject, and I do not believe that there are miners who use these channels or that any mining company can work under this pressure. At the same time, miners in Iran will suffer from these pressures if one of them is discovered.

In this article, there is an explanation that each miner will have a legal share of what it earns, determined according to the energy consumed, and that the Ministry of Energy is the one who will determine that value.

Iran is experiencing great economic difficulties since Western sanctions prevent it from using the dollar, and therefore it is looking for alternatives that facilitate international trade exchanges. However, by implementing these laws, this may put pressure on miners, and they will not accept to sell their profits under duress.

Is there anyone knowledgeable about this topic?
Pages:
Jump to: