Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining on a cell phone - page 4. (Read 16000 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
December 05, 2011, 01:41:09 AM
You would have to write a custom miner to do it, I think. Unless it runs java, in which case you could try pooler's online one. I don't think it would be worth it though -- from my experience phone heatsinks leave something to be desired, not to mention it would kill your battery. To top it all off, those little ARMs don't have all that much muscle.

But if you try it, please post results =)

Gotcha, it seems like Java doesn't exist on android phones. 

I agree that it would kill the battery, but if I had a charger at work, in the car and at home, I'm not too concerned about that. 

My phone's only a single core processor though, which is more my concern.

Pooler's online miner doesn't work on my phone, I already tried that and posted in that forum.  Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 05, 2011, 01:37:36 AM
You would have to write a custom miner to do it, I think. Unless it runs java, in which case you could try pooler's online one. I don't think it would be worth it though -- from my experience phone heatsinks leave something to be desired, not to mention it would kill your battery. To top it all off, those little ARMs don't have all that much muscle.

But if you try it, please post results =)
legendary
December 05, 2011, 01:36:46 AM
So I recently purchased a smart phone.  Should I be tapping into it's single core processor to get some more coins?  I'm sure it's not very cost effective, but just out of curiousity, has anyone tried this?

Is there anyone who has used a cell phone to mine one of the cpu mining chains?

If the coin can be mined using a graphics card, then mining on any regular processor is going to be a waste of money.

Agreed, so I'm talking about Litecoins, Tenebrix, or Fairbrix.

I believe Solidcoin now has some way of going through a GPU.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
December 05, 2011, 01:35:28 AM
So I recently purchased a smart phone.  Should I be tapping into it's single core processor to get some more coins?  I'm sure it's not very cost effective, but just out of curiousity, has anyone tried this?

If the coin can be mined using a graphics card, then mining on any regular processor is going to be a waste of money.
legendary
December 05, 2011, 01:02:53 AM

Pages:
Jump to: