Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 170. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 1
Another Xmr Stak question.

On one of y rigs I get the following over and over again on the monitor (but not in console):

[3680.275839] Failed to expire sync object before unbinding TTM
[3688.601587] [TTM] failed allocating Swap storage

Default generated nvidia.txt for the play/test rig (just dual 1050 atm)
  // gpu: GeForce GTX 1050 architecture: 61
  //      memory: 1937/1999 MiB
  //      smx: 5
  { "index" : 0,
    "threads" : 32, "blocks" : 15,
    "bfactor" : 2, "bsleep" :  0,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "sync_mode" : 3,
  },

It delivers to the pool alright, so nothing terminal, 323 H/s each, but could it be a little better without these errors?

Another rig running the same 2.4.2 (same thing was seen on 2.4.1) with default nvidia.txt with 1060 3GB shows no issues.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I have a little problem with XMR stak.

I have two mostly similar rigs mining Monero, one running Windows 10, another SMOS. Each has 8 x RX580 Strix.

Some time ago I managed to find a spot on config for the Windows rig. It was two workers per GPU and managed to squeeze about 500 H/s per worker.

For a while I couldn't figure out how to modify AMD.txt in SMOS to get the same result, but today I managed to do that. I pushed the same thread config files in persistent memory and pointed the miner to them. The config files do their job but hashrate is about 100 H/s lower per worker, so about 200 H/s lower per GPU.

That's a significant difference and I can't figure out what could the reason be. Anyone with the same problem?

P.S. I had the "mmap failed" messages, followed the FAQ and fixed it. Didn't make a difference in hashrate.

P.P.S. Windows rig has 12 gigs of memory and runs from large fast SSD. SMOS rig has 4 gigs of memory and runs from the USB 2.0 flash drive.

P.P.P.S. I have several GPUs from the SMOS rig underclocked compared to others for stability reasons. That usually results in those GPUs showing less hashrate, but now all GPUs show hashrate within 1 H/s from each other. Which makes me suspect that there's a "bottleneck" somewhere capping all GPUs at about 80% of their full potential.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hey friends, how can I mine cryptonight V7 with smos? What program should I select?

Also what pools do you all suggest I mine monero on thru smos? miningpoolhub?

i want a suggestion about pool issue too. i dont have a good pool i want to change it

I have tried all the various Cryptonight7 miners in SMOS... and its a bit tricky - some works ....
, however below worked best for me.

I am using the following for Nicehash + Cryptonight7, stable and without any issues for both NVIDIA and AMD

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2  
-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2  
-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

Thanks for the help! Are you on support XMR? I am and it is losing a lot of my hashpower from what SMOS is saying. I am also getting lots of GPU compute errors. Not too sure why!

The key is not be too aggressive on your OC - you will get GPU errors, heat-issues, power supply issues and other errors for high-OC settings that at best give you that small bump up in hash.

Steady, consistent hash submission to the pool stratum server is better than your rigs clocked too high.

All OC settings back to stock. Still getting compute errors on random cards on multiple rigs. Super strange.

Edit: I moved my rig to XMR-stak from    xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2

Sure, I might not have color or a hashrate dashboard, but I have no more compute errors, as well as a much higher hash rate. Am on supportXMR for reference.

XMR-STAK at Nicehash has socket errors and giving all rejects.

Anyone got latest xmr-stak working at Nicehash ?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
UPDATE v1160 and new miner:

- added miner ccminer-alexis78-v1.0-cuda8 (mostlu used for x17)
- added xmr-stak-v2.4.2-cuda8
- added xmrig-amd-v2.6.0-beta1
- added xmrig-nvidia-v2.6.0-beta1
- more miners to parsing speed script
- small change in miner download script
Hello, could you add this SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner (Cryptonight, Cryptonight Lite and Cryptonight Heavy miner)??

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/srbminer-cryptonight-amd-gpu-miner-v193-native-algo-switching-3167363
Activity: 75

Hey, thanks for the constant updates. I love this OS a lot but is there any hope in the near future of updates that you can work on making undervolting work for AMD cards? That's really the only complaint I have about SMOS. Please and thank you
Activity: 8
Hey friends, how can I mine cryptonight V7 with smos? What program should I select?

i want a suggestion about pool issue too. i dont have a good pool i want to change it

I have tried all the various Cryptonight7 miners in SMOS... and its a bit tricky - some works ....

I am using the following for Nicehash + Cryptonight7, stable and without any issues for both NVIDIA and AMD

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2  

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2  

Thanks for the help! Are you on support XMR? I am and it is losing a lot of my hashpower from what SMOS is saying. I am also getting lots of GPU compute errors. Not too sure why!

The key is not be too aggressive on your OC - you will get GPU errors, heat-issues, power supply issues and other errors for high-OC settings that at best give you that small bump up in hash.

Steady, consistent hash submission to the pool stratum server is better than your rigs clocked too high.

All OC settings back to stock. Still getting compute errors on random cards on multiple rigs. Super strange.

Edit: I moved my rig to XMR-stak from    xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2

Sure, I might not have color or a hashrate dashboard, but I have no more compute errors, as well as a much higher hash rate. Am on supportXMR for reference.
Activity: 33

xmr-stak fails:

Code:
[2018-04-09 16:40:00] : Mining coin: monero7
WARNING: NVIDIA Unable to query number of CUDA devices!
[2018-04-09 16:40:00] : WARNING: backend NVIDIA disabled.
[2018-04-09 16:40:00] : Compiling code and initializing GPUs. This will take a while...
[2018-04-09 16:40:00] : Device 0 work size 8 / 32.
/root/xminer.sh: line 69: 29137 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

Maybe i'm missing someting on the config?
Code:
--currency monero7 -o xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14433 -u wallet.miner/email -p x
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin

Activity: 33
How to set intensity and worksize with XMrig AMD?

i.e. for 6 cards add this to config line, 1024 is the instensity and 8 the worksize: --opencl-platform 0 --opencl-devices 0,1,2,3,4,5 --opencl-launch 1024x8,1024x8,1024x8,1024x8,1024x8,1024x8

And if you repeat the devices, i.e: --opencl-devices 0,0,1,1,2,2... you can use 2 threads per card

Also exists a line / file generator https://config.xmrig.com/
Activity: 35
Hi all. I want to start mining Ravencoin but there is currently so many miners on SMOS. Which one would you guys select. I have 1060 3GB cards

Hi,

I am using this

suprminer-ocminer-v1.6

-a x16r -o stratum+tcp://omegapool.cc:8006 -u RS2Bd9M5FhHvbQYrTmHBGPpMQSJS6NNCnq.RVNMuthu -p x -i 21

It gives me more hash rate if i give more OC but temperature is increasing so i reduced it.

Now i am getting 36.6Mhz for 6x1060 3GB card
Activity: 14
Hi all. I want to start mining Ravencoin but there is currently so many miners on SMOS. Which one would you guys select. I have 1060 3GB cards
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Hint for enable correct undervolting in smos:

Use ssh client to access farm.
Login as miner/miner.
sudo su
mc -c
Find and edit string #95 in /root/utils/oc_dmp2.sh - remove REM symbol (#) before "--memstate" and add "--vddci 900" before "--mvdd 950"
Use your own voltages if presented not adequate for your card (i use --vddci 850 --mvdd 900 for Sapphire rx588 SE with custom bios).
reboot

PS: sorry for my English Sad

@tytanick

IF YOU APPROVE THIS WHY YOU DONT SOLVE IT IN NEXT UPDATE

+1
Activity: 197
Hint for enable correct undervolting in smos:

Use ssh client to access farm.
Login as miner/miner.
sudo su
mc -c
Find and edit string #95 in /root/utils/oc_dmp2.sh - remove REM symbol (#) before "--memstate" and add "--vddci 900" before "--mvdd 950"
Use your own voltages if presented not adequate for your card (i use --vddci 850 --mvdd 900 for Sapphire rx588 SE with custom bios).
reboot

PS: sorry for my English Sad

@tytanick

IF YOU APPROVE THIS WHY YOU DONT SOLVE IT IN NEXT UPDATE
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   

Activity: 75
Let's hope xmrstak 2.4.2 update gets pushed soon. That will help those of us trying to mine monero and sumokoin
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   
Activity: 5
Can anyone help me, i live in venezuela and im experiencing SEVERE issues with the smos updates, they keep failing for hours, they download super slow like 1 meg per minute, then they give the unexpected end of file error and download again, and again, and again, this is happening EVERIWHERE, 5 different locations in four cities, whit different providers, SAME issue, reflashed the pendrives, nothing helps, i know is not a failure in your end, is the crappy filtered BS internet in my country causing the issue, the pendrives usually do finish updating late at night, after 2 or  3 am, my question is simple, there is any way to copy an already updated pendrive? i tried with hddraw copy tool, it booted fine but started to give problems after a few days, all of the copies i did that way ended up having issues 2 or  3 days in, reflashed with official image, waited 8-12 HOURS for the update,and they are fine now, please help im desperate, i build rigs for a living and i need a constant stream of pendrives working and fully updated.

so i ask again is there any way to do a working copy of an already updated pendrive?

or is there any place to download updated version of the smos for etcher?

ANY help would be aprecciated.

I am trying to get supportXMR to work but am getting this error:

============ Starting Miner ===============
[2018-04-09 04:01:44] : Parameter unknown 'amp;quot;pool_addressamp;quot;:'
[2018-04-09 04:01:54] : Parameter unknown 'amp;quot;pool_addressamp;quot;:'
[2018-04-09 04:02:04] : Parameter unknown 'amp;quot;pool_addressamp;quot;:'
[2018-04-09 04:02:14] : Parameter unknown 'amp;quot;pool_addressamp;quot;:'
Activity: 1078
Merit: 696

Jump to: