Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining-Rig 3*HD7990 -- Problem -- Freeze after 10-30 minutes - page 2. (Read 12613 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Try Win+R then msconfig, you can disable the catalyst centre etc from loading using that.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Try adjusting the voltages with MSI Afterburner beta version.  I was able to drop the voltage from 1200 to 800 on each core with my 7990.

unfortunately this isnt working for me .. i have a 64bit system.. and the beta is only available for 32bit systems ... and besides the gigabyte cards are locked... with the normal afterburner version i cant change the value for the corevoltage

No idea what you're talking about...i have a 64 bit system and am using the MSI afterburner beta just fine.  Gigabyte cards are notorious for their voltage locking.  But I'm not sure if they're actually locked on the 7990s.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
If you happen to have an Asrock 970 Extreme4 motherboard (or any Asrock) , get a better one like the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3. Just like I had to do

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/50970-asrock-970-extreme4-fx-8350-unstable-stock-settings.html
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
i have gigabyte cards .. and the system works fine with 2 cards but with 3 it freezes ... coreclock is 1000MHz memoryclock is 1500MHz.. i didnt change that..

I use Windows 8 64 bit. I can use the MSI afterburner Beta to change the core voltage. My catalyst version is 13.4/13.6 beta.
What is your core/mem frequency? Can you reduce the frequency of GPU4?

im wondering where you did find this beta..that works for 64bit...

i still havent got a solution for that problem ... maybe the problem comes from my two powersupplies... sometimes after a freeze one of the 3cards does not restart with the computer... only after i switched around with the pci-e power cables it starts working again .. that strange ... because the PSUs are brandnew and the my friend runs his rig with the same ones without any trouble...
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Does the system freeze with only one or two cards as well ?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Skol!
Brand of the cards?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I use Windows 8 64 bit. I can use the MSI afterburner Beta to change the core voltage. My catalyst version is 13.4/13.6 beta.

What is your core/mem frequency? Can you reduce the frequency of GPU4?
Try adjusting the voltages with MSI Afterburner beta version.  I was able to drop the voltage from 1200 to 800 on each core with my 7990.

unfortunately this isnt working for me .. i have a 64bit system.. and the beta is only available for 32bit systems ... and besides the gigabyte cards are locked... with the normal afterburner version i cant change the value for the corevoltage
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
hmm im not undervolting... i think the cards (Gigabyte) are locked...are you sure my friend is running the exact same setting .... he has also two 1000W PSUs and for him its working nice...
but im going to measure it...

Ok, you've got TWO 1000W PSUs. I misread that the first time. In this case you are ok.
hmm im not undervolting... i think the cards (Gigabyte) are locked...are you sure my friend is running the exact same setting .... he has also two 1000W PSUs and for him its working nice...
but im going to measure it...
What voltage are you running the cards on? Got this problem when I was undervolting too much. If you didn't undervolt,  the 1000w psu is insufficient.

Did you measure power consumption at the wall socket ? Get a power meter to check it.
Hey guys i need help with my rig... im a little desperate after 2 weeks of try and error...

i have the following setting:
3*radeon hd 7990
2* 1000W PSU
2*4gb RAM
AMD Athlon II x3
Windows 8 64bit
newest catalyst and app sdk driver

everthing is set up with riser cables and enough box fans for good airflow...
im mining with cgminer and i tried the following three settings:
--scrypt -I 13 -w 256 -g 2 --gpu-fan 100 --thread-concurrency 8192
--scrypt -I 18
--scrypt -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 24000
(these three work perfectly for a friends rig with 3hd7990, the difference is that he has an octacore cpu and 2*8gb RAM but that shouldnt make any difference right?)

while running my rig the temps are good .. constantly lower than 80°C... but after 10-30 minutes the system freezes.. and the last frame is visible but the screen doesnt get dark...
below are some photos of the freezing screen... i read in this post (the https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4996.0) that "Only disabling all ATI software and processes from booting with windows" solved the problem..but how do i do that and what exactly should i disable?
sometimes before freezing the gpu no.4 shows suddently a temp around 500°C but the whole time before that it is around 75°C
and sometimes my cpu shows an high peak and the temp of gpu4 drops to 50°C ....
i already replaced the graphicscard but this is still happening

am i making any other mistake that i cant see?

it would be so sweet to hear your opinion

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/40/te5v.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/440/lvz5.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: