Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining rig won't boot up when risers connected - page 2. (Read 338 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
It looks like your display is not connected properly. Make sure the mining mode at bios advanced configuration has already enabled and under System agent configuration >> Graphics configuration set a primary display to CPU graphics and enabled the IGPU multi-monitor. Then connected the monitor display cable to HDMI/DVI-D ports on the motherboard.

I tried what you said setting those settings in the BIOS but same thing still happens. It just runs for half a second and the CPU fan stops spinning. I reset the BIOS settings and set the parameters you said (just in case I had modified something before that it's making it not to work) and same problem.

Is there anything else I can try?

It looks like a short circuit since it tries to boot up for half a second and then it stops. Or maybe is some BIOS config...
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
It looks like your display is not connected properly. Make sure the mining mode at bios advanced configuration has already enabled and under System agent configuration >> Graphics configuration set a primary display to CPU graphics and enabled the IGPU multi-monitor. Then connected the monitor display cable to HDMI/DVI-D ports on the motherboard.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
you haven't said so but i will state the obvious.  Did you try just 1 riser?
Any help here please
Hi,

I'm building a GPU mining rig with:
- asus h370 mining master mother board
- PSU corsair 1200w

the thing is that when I use the risers (I've already tried two different brands) to connect any GPU (I've tried with 3 different ones) to the mb it just doesn't boot up. It briefly boots (1 second) and then it just turns off.

I've tried with different GPUs, different risers (I read that risers fails a lot) but it still as soon as I connect the power supply to the riser it just don't boot. If I connect the GPU to the only PCIe slot it does boot and the GPU blinks.

I'm thinking it may be something in the BIOS but I don't know what settings to change.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help!
Pages:
Jump to: