Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining software - page 2. (Read 2137 times)

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5114
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
October 23, 2017, 03:49:14 AM
Is there a mining software that can be installed and run on top of Windows?

Thanks!

If you're talking about bitcoin mining (since you're in the bitcoin mining subforum), then yes, there is software you can use to create sha256d hashes of block headers... However, i won't post a link to any of these tools since you will burn a lot of power (and possibly your pc) and gain nothing in return.
In my latest calculations, i found that an i7 mines at a maximum of 66 Mh/s. At current diff, block reward and BTC price, mining 24/7 at 100% cpu load will give you $0.03/year in BTC.
To make these 3 cents, you'll need to run a desktop with an i7 at 100% load 24/7 for a full year... Think about the power you'll burn and the fact that you will have to sacrifice a perfectly good pc to do nothing but mining...

Both CPU and GPU mining have been obsolete for many years now. If you want to mine bitcoin, you need super-cheap power and you'll need to invest in a latest gen ASIC.

If you have a decent GPU, you might try your luck with altcoin mining, in this case it would be best to re-ask your question in the altcoin mining subforum.

Good luck!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 23, 2017, 03:42:41 AM
Is there a mining software that can be installed and run on top of Windows?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: