Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining still profitable? - page 2. (Read 563 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 106
May 06, 2018, 09:30:25 AM
Just checked, I'm making around 200 euros a month with electricity costing 0.13 eur/kWh with my 5x R9 290 rig. Around 100 euros go for electricity costs and 100 is money I have as a profit. It's not much but it's still something.

Cryptonight is the word.
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
May 06, 2018, 01:59:22 AM
Leave mining to the big boys with the big farms with the free electricity. There is nothing left for the small timers anymore.  You might make a few pennies a day if your lucky now.

You need to choose what you mine and can be profitable.
Miner problem is that he's not selling when ATH and if he hodl he ends up paying the bills. Mining early coins is the key to small miners.
Activity: 588
Merit: 335
Steady State Finance
May 05, 2018, 11:29:10 PM
So do you have any idea or recommend anything to mine with VPS (Virtual Private Server).
Is this possible?

That's possible. You only need to find CPU-based coins to mine (most profitable coin). I was also using VPS while the first-time ETN released. The one only problems are, how much that VPS cost you, it must be one of your consideration.
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
May 05, 2018, 06:08:22 PM
Leave mining to the big boys with the big farms with the free electricity. There is nothing left for the small timers anymore.  You might make a few pennies a day if your lucky now.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
May 05, 2018, 05:27:39 PM
You can do decent with ETH or such but I'm still pointing mine towards low difficulty stuff, makes more than cost but has huge potential if you can hold and not sell to cover monthly cost.

Soon nvidia and amd will block mining on gpu gaming, 3 months warranty on mining cards and the question will be, can you get your money in 3 months? I ask that because asus, gigabyte and others get their money by having sold you a mining gpu in 3 months when the warranty is done, can you do the same? can you get the money invested in 3 months? if not then it means is not worth the investment, means is not profitable at all.

You trolls are spoiled and cant see the big picture here, soon gaming gpus will be only gaming gpus and if mining survives all the crap they are doing to it, bitmain + gpu manufactures and soon nvidia and amd.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
May 05, 2018, 04:14:15 PM
You can do decent with ETH or such but I'm still pointing mine towards low difficulty stuff, makes more than cost but has huge potential if you can hold and not sell to cover monthly cost.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
May 05, 2018, 03:55:52 PM
No it's not, is far from profitable right now, to be profitable it needs to return your money invested in 3 months cause that is what the warranty of mining cards are, 3 months warranty, so if asus, gigabyte, inno, evga, asrock give you 3 months of warranty then that means they expect you to earn your money back in 3 months because after 3 months the manufacture expect it to fail, break and never work anymore and that is the real truth that trolls ignore.

So anybody saying mining is profitable right now, is a mindless troll.

You don't have to use mining GPU for mining, buy a normal one and get at least 2 years of warranty (2 years is minimum in EU). Of course, you should not overpay for your GPU.

And mining IS profitable.

How so?
I am living in a developing (kindof) country where it's money is worthless. Let's forget this for a minute.

What type of mining and coins that you think its profitable.
Could you please be more specific?
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
May 05, 2018, 03:29:20 PM
No it's not, is far from profitable right now, to be profitable it needs to return your money invested in 3 months cause that is what the warranty of mining cards are, 3 months warranty, so if asus, gigabyte, inno, evga, asrock give you 3 months of warranty then that means they expect you to earn your money back in 3 months because after 3 months the manufacture expect it to fail, break and never work anymore and that is the real truth that trolls ignore.

You don't have to use mining GPU for mining, buy a normal one and get at least 2 years of warranty (2 years is minimum in EU). Of course, you should not overpay for your GPU.

And mining IS profitable.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
May 05, 2018, 03:06:39 PM

Activity: 312
Merit: 104
May 05, 2018, 02:57:56 PM
Dont know about the vps part, but as far as gpu mining goes, enter only if you can find cheap gpu`s. And i mean cheap like half the regular price and that means used. Other options are waiting for new gen of gpu`s or to buy one of the asics that are spreading like a plague these days...
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
May 05, 2018, 02:33:40 PM
Hi dear valuable community members,

I have been searching to mine something but I am a bit confused.
I have already checked this section to find some answer but need your precious help.

I am an engineer (nerd) who enjoys building things with my own hands. But to mine btc, eth and similar stuff, you need to buy specific hardware and roi is really high for these coins. Also It gets harder and harder every day to make some money.
I do not expect too much money from this

So do you have any idea or recommend anything to mine with VPS (Virtual Private Server).
Is this possible?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: