Pages:
Author

Topic: MINING with both GPU and the CPU on the same PC. DUAL MINING!!! - page 2. (Read 431 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 2
With the release of Randomx Algo the CPU mining will be worth it again and lots of coins will use Randomx.
I wonder if it will be possible to mine anohter profitable coin with GPUS and Randomx with our CPU on the same PC.

Yes it is possible, by running two different instances ( CPU mining and GPU mining)

However, profitability is the issue, depending on your current Electricity cost if its worth it.

What will be the windows settings?

specify or allocate resources for your windows system on CPU in order to not freeze

How to specify or allocate resoruces? Will it be inside windows settings if yes then how?
or will it be from the CPU miner settings?

Most mining app has a capability to specify how much/many cpu cores to be used

if not, then this link can help

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/designate-cpu-usage-45952.html
Thanks for the help i really appreciate it...
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
With the release of Randomx Algo the CPU mining will be worth it again and lots of coins will use Randomx.
I wonder if it will be possible to mine anohter profitable coin with GPUS and Randomx with our CPU on the same PC.

Yes it is possible, by running two different instances ( CPU mining and GPU mining)

However, profitability is the issue, depending on your current Electricity cost if its worth it.

specify or allocate resources for your windows system on CPU in order to not freeze

How to specify or allocate resoruces? Will it be inside windows settings if yes then how?

Most mining app has a capability to specify how much/many cpu cores to be used

if not, then this link can help

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/designate-cpu-usage-45952.html

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community

What will be the requirements of phsical RAM and Virtual RAM?

Please share your thoughts as this will be very interesting for the miners for extra income because every CPU and the PC already runs when mining with GPUS so with a little more electric cost it will be extra profit from CPUS hopefully...

Depending on the number of GPU's

4GB should be fine at 5GPU's

What will be the requirements of phsical RAM and Virtual RAM?

Please share your thoughts as this will be very interesting for the miners for extra income because every CPU and the PC already runs when mining with GPUS so with a little more electric cost it will be extra profit from CPUS hopefully...
Pages:
Jump to: