Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining with "obsolete" graphics cards (memory<2GB) - page 2. (Read 5102 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I'm mining lbry with good ole sg on a r7 200 (270) 2gb card havin a blast and don'the give two flying f÷%@KS what electricity costs . If I find more next to nothing cards I'll be tieing them in as well. Good mining
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
ZEC, XMR, ZClassic, or possibly ETC (I think the DAG file for ETC is still small enough to allow mining on a 2GB card).

All of my 77xx/78xx series cards have been on ZEC (or working GRC via the Moo Wrapper project) for a while but I've been looking at XMR (my pair of GTX 750 Ti have been on XMR for a while because they're incredibly efficient at that compared to almost any other card on a hash/watt basis).

Activity: 106
The best for AMD cards HD5xxx, HD6xxx or others with 2Gb or less vmem is cryptonight alogorithm (XMR - monero) with Claymore CryptoNote miner 9.7.
Quote from readme:
"This version is for recent AMD videocards only: 7xxx and 2xx, also 6xxx and 5xxx. No nVidia support."

much obliged
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
The best for AMD cards HD5xxx, HD6xxx or others with 2Gb or less vmem is cryptonight alogorithm (XMR - monero) with Claymore CryptoNote miner 9.7.
Quote from readme:
"This version is for recent AMD videocards only: 7xxx and 2xx, also 6xxx and 5xxx. No nVidia support."
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
No point in mining with them unless you have free electricity. Most miners are optimized for GCN cards (7700 and above), so 5850 will not even run or have terrible performance.
Activity: 106
This thread is for miners with older cards that can't mine ETH or other "mainstream" coins anymore.
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas what coin to mine for miners with GPU memory 2GB or less. I would like to use my prehistoric 5850s again. Discuss
Pages:
Jump to: