Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining with R9 Fury NANO Experience (Since 2017-2022) - page 2. (Read 831 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 24
Thanks I have a R9 FURY doing 160w @ 18mh/s (850 core/850mv/500mem) (220w at wall on Octominer riseless mobo).

Have you tried unlocking your Nano for extra shaders? I tried mine but it wasn't able to unlock at all.
Activity: 121
Merit: 0
Can you share your overclock settings to get 16mh/s @ 120w?

Power Consume :refer from HWinfo GPU Chip Power
MSI Afterburner config GPU as below,
Core Voltage: -81mV
Power Limit: -20
Core Clock: Default
Memory Clock:Default

120w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter get 149w per GPU(depend on Power Supply 1300w 80+GOLD 3 GPU+riser connected not include pc system)

for more information,
76.2w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 83.6w -> 10.5mh/s
89.6w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 104.1w -> 12.5mh/s
104.7w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 129w -> 14.5mh/s
112.1w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 138.6w -> 15.5mh/s
134.6w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 175w -> 18.3mh/s
149.4w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 209w -> 19.3mh/s
162.8w from HWinfo and on Clamp Meter 242w -> 20mh/s

Sometime low sometime high power on Clamp Meter, tried hard to test this algo.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
Can you share your overclock settings to get 16mh/s @ 120w?
Update profit on Kawpow with TRM v0.7

Algo: Kawpow
Coin: RVN
Hashrate: 16.2 Mh/s
Power: 120w
Miner: TeamRedMiner v0.7

On power save
Hashrate: 10.2 Mh/s
Power: 76w

On mid power
Hashrate: 18.3 Mh/s
Power: 135w

For Free Electric  Cheesy
Hashrate: 20.6 Mh/s
Power: 167w
Glad to suggestion..

Algo: Kawpow
Coin: RVN
Hashrate: 11.8-12.2 Mh/s
Power: 120w
Miner: NBminer 30.2

Or you can mining with power save
Hashrate: 8.5 Mh/s
Power: 75w

For Free Electric  Grin
Hashrate: 14.2 Mh/s
Power: 172w

nanominer 1.9 give more hashrate but some time to crash.
Activity: 3
Mining eth at about 20-21 Mh/s.  -50% power limit, runs at 63-65c and the card draws about 75w according to HWMonitor. This is my personal PC, so at best I'm probably break even when you factor in the wattage of the rest of the pc.

What OS is this under? Is it with Claymore? If so try a different OS or a different miner and see if you can get a faster speed. You might be able to get 30MH/s. Back in 2016 or so this was the speed that these GPUs got.

They were the most power efficient GPUs at the time, however due to their cost, many just mined with R9 290 and later switched to RX series GPUs.

Reason why is because I think this GPU like the Hawaii suffer from the DAG slowdown and my R9 290 also hashed at like 20MH/s when a few years back hashed at 30MH/s. Apparently there is some bug with Windows or Claymore, so switch a few things around and see if you can get 30MH/s. Power consumption will be a little more.

Yeah this is Claymore on Windows 10.  If I run without turning down the power limit I'm able to get 30 Mh/s but it uses approximately twice the power (according to HWMonitor.)  So I figured 2/3 the output for half the wattage was more efficient.  I tried phoenix and seemed to get exactly the same numbers.    
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Mining eth at about 20-21 Mh/s.  -50% power limit, runs at 63-65c and the card draws about 75w according to HWMonitor. This is my personal PC, so at best I'm probably break even when you factor in the wattage of the rest of the pc.

What OS is this under? Is it with Claymore? If so try a different OS or a different miner and see if you can get a faster speed. You might be able to get 30MH/s. Back in 2016 or so this was the speed that these GPUs got.

They were the most power efficient GPUs at the time, however due to their cost, many just mined with R9 290 and later switched to RX series GPUs.

Reason why is because I think this GPU like the Hawaii suffer from the DAG slowdown and my R9 290 also hashed at like 20MH/s when a few years back hashed at 30MH/s. Apparently there is some bug with Windows or Claymore, so switch a few things around and see if you can get 30MH/s. Power consumption will be a little more.
This Time to see NIM and HNS  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
You can mine RYO i think, or maybe, ETH. Your GPUs are 4GB memory onboard, am I right? Use HiveOS and mine ETH. But the best way is to knock it over the door Wink

I'm sorry  to ask, but why every thread about questions of mining, people are recommending to mine RYO?
I see the calculator and the volume of trading, and it makes no sense for me

I have some friends that owned R9 Fury, and it was a beast at the time, they mined some ETH, but for today it´s hard to keep mining with this card, to much power draw, and we are at a moment that every watt counts
Activity: 3
Mining eth at about 20-21 Mh/s.  -50% power limit, runs at 63-65c and the card draws about 75w according to HWMonitor. This is my personal PC, so at best I'm probably break even when you factor in the wattage of the rest of the pc.
What's your hashrate/profit?

Mine TRTL - hash 95kh/s earn 0.5-0.6$, 104w
Activity: 2338
Merit: 750
You can mine RYO i think, or maybe, ETH. Your GPUs are 4GB memory onboard, am I right? Use HiveOS and mine ETH. But the best way is to knock it over the door Wink

That Fury X. not Fury NANO. Fury X hug power consume.

What do u mean? In the article there is ASUS Fury(neither X nor Nano). Though Nano should be have same exact performance as Fury X unless u make it throttle, which is impossible with most of algos if u tune it. Since properly tuned Fury x shouldn't be exceeding 180Wt Nano shouldn't have any throttling as well.

Oh, sorry for mistake.  Shocked
First picture is Fury X. https://cryptoage.com/images/Mining3/r9_fury_mining_2019.jpg
Activity: 312
Merit: 2

What do u mean? In the article there is ASUS Fury(neither X nor Nano). Though Nano should be have same exact performance as Fury X unless u make it throttle, which is impossible with most of algos if u tune it. Since properly tuned Fury x shouldn't be exceeding 180Wt Nano shouldn't have any throttling as well.
These were good GPUs to actually mine ETH before the Polaris came out. I believe these were released late 2015 when ETH was launched and it was the most energy effecient GPU at the time especially the Nano.

I had a buddy who had tons of these. However for some reason he had very high failure rates, he said it was the highest failing GPU he has ever owned. When the Polaris came out people stopped buying Nanos due to their high price and bought the RX 470/480 instead. It had similiar hashrates and power consumption figures.

Since they were produced in small quantities, many miner developers don't spend too much effort trying to make them more efficient or faster. Hence they are usually just best in the hands of gamers.

I'm don't mine Ethash with NANO is a long time.  Grin

Just seeing first result in benchmark list makes me cry: 29.8mhs@170Watts on ETH)))) I had that hash rate @140-145Wt(975Mhz core) with my cards. Or it could be 30.8mhs @1000Mhz@155Wt. And unlike pascal it newer dropped with DAG grow) In most of Fury mining videos they even have 250+Wt... some miners. My h\rs in some other algos were: lyra2v3 58mhs@150-155Wt, cryptonightR 880hs@120Wt

Activity: 312
Merit: 2

Just seeing first result in benchmark list makes me cry: 29.8mhs@170Watts on ETH)))) I had that hash rate @140-145Wt(975Mhz core) with my cards. Or it could be 30.8mhs @1000Mhz@155Wt. And unlike pascal it newer dropped with DAG grow) In most of Fury mining videos they even have 250+Wt... some miners. My h\rs in some other algos were: lyra2v3 58mhs@150-155Wt, cryptonightR 880hs@120Wt
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
These were good GPUs to actually mine ETH before the Polaris came out. I believe these were released late 2015 when ETH was launched and it was the most energy effecient GPU at the time especially the Nano.

I had a buddy who had tons of these. However for some reason he had very high failure rates, he said it was the highest failing GPU he has ever owned. When the Polaris came out people stopped buying Nanos due to their high price and bought the RX 470/480 instead. It had similiar hashrates and power consumption figures.

Since they were produced in small quantities, many miner developers don't spend too much effort trying to make them more efficient or faster. Hence they are usually just best in the hands of gamers.
Activity: 23
Activity: 198
Merit: 1
What's your hashrate/profit?
Pages:
Jump to: