Pages:
Author

Topic: MiningMonitor.com - Monitoring - SMS Notifications - Analytics[Monthly+CSV] - page 4. (Read 9428 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Should be fine now...  A small oddity in an anti cheating routine rejected the API key.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com - Monitoring, SMS Notifications and Advanced Analytics
Activity: 20
Having any issues with Slush's pool? Can't seem to be able to add the API, always says it's not responding or such.
New Feature Friday!

Based on feedback from early users, the following new features were added.

Bitcoinpool.com Support

( Note, bitcoinpool support is in beta... seems ok, but not enough data to make sure that nothing flakey happens with the api responses resulting in custom filters needing to be added to massage the data )

Ability to turn Notifications on/off

This also removes the "Notifications Unconfigured" message if you disable notifications

Ability to hide the Zero-SMS message notice

Thanks for the support and suggestions, keep them coming!

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com - Monitoring, SMS Notifications and Advanced Analytics
Hmmm.... the free account is all but useless if you have more than one worker, right?  I might consider buying the full account, but I sure wish there was a way to see at least the pool stats accurate for all of my workers combined in the free account.

I must have been making my changes while you wrote your message Wink

Give the new 3 day full trial a try.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com
I have 30 workers, there's no way for me to test this out for a month before committing the most expensive package? I don't see the value in monitoring one graphics card, even as a test. Why does it cost more PER worker? You only have to access the API page once every 20 minutes and store the data for each worker.

The free account is designed to allow an individual to "taste" the services we provide.   It was based around the request of a tester to have an account for ( and I quote ) "the dude in his dorm that wants to know if his gaming box stops making him money while he is f*****g off down the hall"

The cost is based on a per worker basis from the aspect of storage of their data, and the statistical "crunching" that must be done for each one.

It's not bad idea to have a "full trial", so here is what I did:

All paid accounts have a "provisional period" of 2 hours to allow for delays in getting confirmations of payments.  A provisional account has 15 minute updates, and notifications turned off, but all other features of the account.

I've extended the provisional status time window to three days to allow for a trial.  The copy on the join page will be edited this afternoon.

Thanks for the advice!

The spot pirce is still based on MtGox ? Why isn't it based on TradeHill?

That was an oversight, and has been corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

Both the spot price and weighted averages are provided by Bitcoincharts.com , which we thank them for.

I would be happy to evaluate this and share what I think about it if I could monitor my entire network for a week or two.

Thanks

Please give the new 3 day trial a go... I would think that 3 days is more then enough time to decide if there is value in the services we provide.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Hmmm.... the free account is all but useless if you have more than one worker, right?  I might consider buying the full account, but I sure wish there was a way to see at least the pool stats accurate for all of my workers combined in the free account.
and thanks for sending my password clear text in the welcome e-mail

It is not uncommon for the initial "welcome" email to contain your username and password, especially for websites that do not keep credit card information.  Assuming your email remains secure, your only concern with an emailed password is a "man in the middle" due to the fact that email is transmitted in plaintext.

The password is stored in the database as a per user salted hash, so if you do a "password lookup" , it emails you a onetime key to login and be able to change it.  Once again, this is vulnerable to a "man in the middle" , but given it's one time usability , less so.

Seeing as how it was simply a design issue to include the password in the email, and this is a security conscious community, I removed it.

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com
Activity: 34
and thanks for sending my password clear text in the welcome e-mail
Activity: 34
I have 30 workers, there's no way for me to test this out for a month before committing the most expensive package? I don't see the value in monitoring one graphics card, even as a test. Why does it cost more PER worker? You only have to access the API page once every 20 minutes and store the data for each worker.

The spot pirce is still based on MtGox ? Why isn't it based on TradeHill?

I would be happy to evaluate this and share what I think about it if I could monitor my entire network for a week or two.

Thanks
Ali
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I found another bug.

I put my mail-adress in the notification settings but checked none of the notification options but still got a notice that my miner is back online:

MiningMonitor: Worker Notice - User_Workername of User (btcguild)

MiningMonitor.com Notice:
Worker: User_Workername of User ( btcguild ) is back up!

Fri Jun 24 06:36:37 2011
The link, which was on the Pool Stats page, has been fixed.

Thanks for the bug report Ali

Peter Azuolas
Lead Developer
MiningMonitor.com
Ali
The Manager workers link (http://miningmonitor.com/workers) takes me back to the frontpage
Glad to hear it worked.

The launch of MiningMonitor has been very exciting!  I will be available again at 1pm EST to answer any other questions that people have.

PeteTheRed
MiningMonitor.com
Ali
Very nice, it works now.
Ali,

BTCGuild was taking longer then 5 seconds to respond to API requests.  I have corrected the issue ( longer timeout ).

Please add your key again.

Thanks for trying out MiningMonitor!

PeteTheRed
Lead Developer
Ali
I used jQuery flot graphs as well for interactive charts on my latest iPad app. They're great.

However I have one problem. I can't add my BTC Guild account.
I'm currently on a low load server, the API-key is correct, I can even download the data provided by the API myself.

So what could be wrong?
We took special care in creating the graphs. We went through 3 evolutions trying to find the best fit.  

First GD generated graphs which were pool quality, and computationally expensive.  

Then Google's Image graph API , which were nice , but not good enough.  The scaling was inconsistant, and the positioning of axis labels were inconsistant also.  We still use their API to generate the pie charts for share/worker and stales/worker in the stats.

Finally, we settled on JQuery flot graphs.  They looked the nicest, scaled correctly, and even add mouse over point labels for extra detail.

Consistant scaling was important, it lets you drag your eyes down over the multiple graphs and be to see correlations in the data.

PeteTheRed
Lead Developer
Activity: 36
This site is very promising. I like graphs.  Cheesy
Thanks,

There is a saying in the startup world that says "build what you will use", so we did Wink

In truth, it was based on a simple SMS app for watching our own miners, and kept growing.  One total rewrite and a ton of features later, and this is the result.

PeteTheRed
Lead Developer
Activity: 444
Merit: 254

Very professional and nice interface!

If only you guys were around 1 month ago...I would have gotten a lot more sleep!
Pages:
Jump to: