Pages:
Author

Topic: Minning is wasting money, why still minners? - page 4. (Read 5567 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
It's not really supporting the network though, especially if you only have a few TH/s.

There's already over 250 PH/s on the network, most of which are by those huge industrial mining operations.  If you pull your miners or shut them off, no one will even notice.  So in actuality you're just really losing money for no reason.

If you really want to support it, just serve as a node, evangelize Bitcoin to your friends, family, or co-workers, and generally just continue to use it when you can.

Mining isn't supporting Bitcoin for the home/hobby user.  It's just making your pockets alot lighter.

really good answers and straight into the point! thank you guys

now the question is: how big is the margin for the farms that even when the price drops they still make profits? -for margin I mean the cost of producing the ASIC miners.

thanks

Alot of these manufacturers offset alot of these costs to produce these asic miners, by selling outdated used miners to customers like us after they've mined all profitably out of it.

These same manufacturers also hedge their bets by selling mining contracts or cloud mining, which almost fully guarantees profit on their end, since it locks in customers on a term contract and tacks on maintenance fees on top.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
It's not really supporting the network though, especially if you only have a few TH/s.

There's already over 250 PH/s on the network, most of which are by those huge industrial mining operations.  If you pull your miners or shut them off, no one will even notice.  So in actuality you're just really losing money for no reason.

If you really want to support it, just serve as a node, evangelize Bitcoin to your friends, family, or co-workers, and generally just continue to use it when you can.

Mining isn't supporting Bitcoin for the home/hobby user.  It's just making your pockets alot lighter.

really good answers and straight into the point! thank you guys

now the question is: how big is the margin for the farms that even when the price drops they still make profits? -for margin I mean the cost of producing the ASIC miners.

thanks

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Mining at home or in your own really seems not profitable with the increasing difficulty. Also with the pricey hardware and cost of electricity.
better everyday ♥
Yup, redsn0w, in the beginning of the CPU days, we needed as many people as possible mining to support the network.

After the Asic era launched though, it's safe to say that the Bitcoin network is out of the hands of the home miner.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
is there anybody purchasing new hardware or cloud hasing contracts?

snip

The people mining not  only for gain bitcoin , but most importantly for support the network Wink .

There's already over 250 PH/s on the network, most of which are by those huge industrial mining operations**.  If you pull your miners or shut them off, no one will even notice.  So in actuality you're just really losing money for no reason.

If you really want to support it***, just serve as a node, evangelize Bitcoin to your friends, family, or co-workers, and generally just continue to use it when you can.

Mining isn't supporting Bitcoin for the home/hobby user.  It's just making your pockets alot lighter.

But in the origin the mining *was only* for support* and make strong the network Wink .  * for support your , my and ALL bitcoin  Cheesy .

**99% are a mining farm Wink .
*** all person that know bitcoin should support it !
better everyday ♥

snip

The people mining not  only for gain bitcoin , but most importantly for support the network Wink .

There's already over 250 PH/s on the network, most of which are by those huge industrial mining operations.  If you pull your miners or shut them off, no one will even notice.  So in actuality you're just really losing money for no reason.

Mining isn't supporting Bitcoin for the home/hobby user.  It's just making your pockets alot lighter.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market

I haven't seen any cloud hashing contract profitable after doing 2-3 calculations.

Why invest money in ASIC cards or any other brand, when the bitcoin price is trending down?

I haven't seen any hardware that you can purchase now and get at least the money back even with free electricity

Am I missing something?

I'm using this calculator:

http://mining-profit.com/advanced-calculator

if anyone is making positive returns, can you show here with numbers?

The people mining not  only for gain bitcoin , but most importantly for support the network Wink .
Activity: 784
Merit: 504

I haven't seen any cloud hashing contract profitable after doing 2-3 calculations.

Why invest money in ASIC cards or any other brand, when the bitcoin price is trending down?

I haven't seen any hardware that you can purchase now and get at least the money back even with free electricity

Am I missing something?

Your views are current in the current situation of BTC at $300 levels.
No hardware or cloud-mining can profit at this time.
Getting back even a 50% of money spend on the above will not see back at this situation.
In-short, for now no mining is profitable for common people.
This will change if btc value goes above $600 and mining hardware companies are ready to drop their prices to some meaningful levels.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Am I missing something?

Pages:
Jump to: