Pages:
Author

Topic: Mistake made on thread removal and dev banning - page 2. (Read 2554 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Doesn't matter if you're giving away bearshit, you can't give away things even if they worthless. Sad

The reason is because it spams up the forum with useless posts of people claiming said giveaways. You should have set up a faucet website off forum that gave away testcoins.

We already have. All this is a big misunderstanding.

This was not done deliberately by Mr. Spread.

So I would really appreciate it, if you could remove his ban, because this was never intended and will not happen again.

spreadcointalk.org will have to do  Cheesy
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
It doesn't matter if they have no value or not, it's not a mistake. The rules are about curbing the spam that results from giveaways.

Altcoin giveaways are not allowed.

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

I honestly don't know how this can be more clear.

Thank you for the answer and for clarifying your position. But may I ask: it's possible to un-ban Mr. Spread anyway? It will be hard to keep up thread of our coin for 2 weeks without him. If it's not possible, I hope that it will be at least permitted if one of us will relay his most important messages to Bitcointalk.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Doesn't matter if you're giving away bearshit, you can't give away things even if they worthless. Sad

The reason is because it spams up the forum with useless posts of people claiming said giveaways. You should have set up a faucet website off forum that gave away testcoins.

We already have. All this is a big misunderstanding.

This was not done deliberately by Mr. Spread.

So I would really appreciate it, if you could remove his ban, because this was never intended and will not happen again.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

Activity: 854
I understand what you're saying but:

1.  We were testing masternodes which require 100 test coins to setup.
2.  The only way for people to setup the masternode to test was to have 100 test coins sent to them.

I absolutely understand if there was value to the coins and we were giving people incentive to post.  There was no incentive though, it was simply the only way to get them the coin so they could help us test.  As such, my hope is that our thread would fall under the exception theymos left open when he said:

Quote from: theymos
Most giveaway threads

Thank you for your consideration.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
It doesn't matter if they have no value or not, it's not a mistake. The rules are about curbing the spam that results from giveaways.

Altcoin giveaways are not allowed.

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

I honestly don't know how this can be more clear.
legendary
Activity: 1456
MODs

It sounds like a gunine mistake was made.

Give the man his account back while he and the spread community test at an important point in time.
Activity: 854
This is in a wrong section, move it to ban appeal section. Also it's questionable to unban him it's still spamming with addresses even if it was test network as it isn't difference between altcoin address spamming and bitcoin spamming.
Althrought i'm curious about this case.

Can you link me to that section please?
legendary
This was for testing SpreadCoin MasterNodes only, but I understand the confusion.
I realy do hope Mr Spread will be un-banned, he is a great developper who is pushing crypto in general forward.
legendary
Activity: 966
This is in a wrong section, move it to ban appeal section. Also it's questionable to unban him it's still spamming with addresses even if it was test network as it isn't difference between altcoin address spamming and bitcoin spamming.
It's not only about the ban (although a ban of main developer is quite painful for a coin, you know). It's about policy in such cases. So we better wait for answer with some official weight, from some moderator or administrator, thank you.
It was only my opinion man Smiley i'm currious about how the moderator will handle this. I feel you.
It's not only about the ban (although a ban of main developer is quite painful for a coin, you know). It's about policy in such cases. So we better wait for answer with some official weight, from some moderator or administrator, thank you.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

legendary
Activity: 966
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Just test coins, not a givaway... please unban Mr Spread and release the forum thread... thx!
Activity: 440
Do difference on testnet coins guys, we are testing.... remove this unnecessary ban !
Activity: 519
 The Ban is a mistake as the coins have no value because they are on the testnet
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
As mentioned, the coins were Testnet coins.  There is no monetary value associated with them and were needed in order for testing purposes only.

Please reinstate Mr Spread.
legendary
Omg, please unban Mr.Spread!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Yes, the Ban was a mistake as the coins have no value because they are on the testnet.
Pages:
Jump to: