Pages:
Author

Topic: Mistakes developers keeps making - page 8. (Read 937 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
September 28, 2019, 09:09:28 AM
have you ever considered that it may not be mistakes but intentional?

take your points for instance.
1. Huge Discounts
they have to do it to get people the incentive to even bother with their garbage tokens otherwise they wouldn't even look at it twice.

2. Lack Of Solid Products and Ideas
that is not a mistake, they simply want the easiest rout to profit. so copying the same thing is easiest and doesn't cost anything. on the other hand innovating is expensive and takes a lot of effort.

3. Bad Exchanges
that is not even relevant. if a project were good then every exchange would beg to list it!
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
September 28, 2019, 08:43:35 AM
The biggest mistakes developers make that leads to bad ending for many projects are

1. Huge Discounts
Many new projects are still making this mistake over and over again, huge discounts like 50% is insane and it always bother me how the hell the early buyers won't end up dumping since they have already see big profits.
It's two fold, I mean they have to attract investors that's why they are giving away discounts for early bird and angel investors. I mean this business model have been in existence for many years.

Lack of working products and real use cases is why many investors are not taking new projects very seriously, no one would want to hold such tokens or coins for long, developers need to start working on how their project's token or coin will be very demanding throughout the globe
I would definitely agree with this one, we haven't seen new projects which is very unique. Those projects popping today is just like a half bake project, worst, just a copy of existing projects who have been successful already.

3. Bad Exchanges
Imagine new projects that make over millions of dollars in ico or ieo and end up listing on bad exchanges with no enough volume, what do they expect to happen?
Because exchanges want's to save money so they don't have a choice but to list their tokens on shit exchanges that will back fire on them in the future.

Bottom line is, we need something drastic and projects need to see this mistakes and rectify their process or strategy.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
September 28, 2019, 08:18:05 AM
1. Huge Discounts
Many new projects are still making this mistake over and over again, huge discounts like 50% is insane and it always bother me how the hell the early buyers won't end up dumping since they have already see big profits.
It's 50-50 here. Both investor and team benefits. They needed to get funding as quickly as possible and investors also want the best deals available. Teams also have a control mechanism called coin or token lock up and also holders bonus. Those two are not perfect method but it helps mitigate the dumping.

Lack of working products and real use cases is why many investors are not taking new projects very seriously, no one would want to hold such tokens or coins for long, developers need to start working on how their project's token or coin will be very demanding throughout the globe
No argument here. Truly, solving a real problem should be the main focus of the project.

3. Bad Exchanges
Imagine new projects that make over millions of dollars in ico or ieo and end up listing on bad exchanges with no enough volume, what do they expect to happen?
Forget about ICOs, most token sales are done on exchanges now (IEO). I do see a lot of projects hype their community for a new listing then lists them on low/medium exchanges. To be fair to teams, it's not as simple as paying bigger exchanges and it's a done deal. There are more requirements than money.
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
September 28, 2019, 08:00:11 AM
The biggest mistakes developers make that leads to bad ending for many projects are

1. Huge Discounts

3. Bad Exchanges

Pages:
Jump to: