Pages:
Author

Topic: Mobile phone addiction - page 2. (Read 353 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1
March 16, 2024, 02:39:46 PM
Hi community,

Mobile phones have become an essential tool that helps us manage our lives and businesses. They are among the most widely used technologies in the world and have become an integral part of our daily lives, whether for communication or basic transactions.

More than 85% of the world's population owns a mobile phone, and half of this percentage is considered addicted to it. The majority of them spend more than 5 hours a day, and there are even those who do not leave it alone and sleep on it.

-Approximately how many times do you check your phone a day?
-What is your advice to phone addicts?

Cell phone addiction this year is very disturbing, why is it so disturbing? 80% of children today are addicted to cell phones where they (children) can spend 6 hours a day holding cell phones. This is clearly very dangerous for children's future regeneration. where on the cellphone there is a lot of news or content that is not educational for the child. As time goes by, we rarely see/see children playing games in the afternoon, such as playing ball, badminton, hide and seek and other games. In fact, nowadays we often see young children sitting at home while spending time with their cellphones. of course this is a problem. For parents, please limit the use of cell phones with children, because it has a very dangerous impact on the future and the child's attitude.
Activity: 2394
Merit: 198
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 15, 2024, 07:12:17 PM
i can't say that the majority of people are addicted to it, because as you said, smartphones are electronic devices that support various human activities and needs today, so many people are dependent on using smartphones because their needs are found in their smartphones.
actually Op is right when he says there are majority of people in the world now is addicted to their
mobile or at least checking their mobile from time to time and I must admit that sometimes I am one of those
back in the days specially in pandemic.

it's a different case if a person is already addicted to it, meaning he or she can't get away from their smartphone and is tied to it every hour. the smartphone has disturbed sleeping, eating and various other activities, that can only be said to be an addiction. because addiction is different from a need. when you are addicted, you no longer know your priorities and only think about that.
actually it is not the person that chooses to be addicted but it is the games and apps that
available in mobile and of course the internet that gives bigger part on it.
Activity: 117
Merit: 11
https://peachbitcoin.com/
March 15, 2024, 10:35:45 AM
Hi community,

Mobile phones have become an essential tool that helps us manage our lives and businesses. They are among the most widely used technologies in the world and have become an integral part of our daily lives, whether for communication or basic transactions.

More than 85% of the world's population owns a mobile phone, and half of this percentage is considered addicted to it. The majority of them spend more than 5 hours a day, and there are even those who do not leave it alone and sleep on it.

I use a mobile phone a lot. On some days, I even touched 10 hours of usage, my average screen time is over 6 hours. I often try to reduce my mobile usage and sometimes I succeed in this venture, but then after some time, I start using mobile the old way. 
For the past few weeks, I have been actively trying to reduce my dependence on mobile phones and trying to read books and articles. I am sure that I will succeed and will reduce my screen time below 3 hours a day.
Activity: 140
Merit: 63
March 15, 2024, 03:46:59 AM
Out of %100 a day I check my phone %80 infact I am always with my phone like my whole life depends on it. It has been long I developed this habit though but instead of me to become a smoking addict or drinking addict I better be a phone addict because it is impacting alot in my life everyday and I am earning from it likewise what ever that gives you joy should not be underestimated because it is part of your life. Like to always listen to news on the radio everyday. While some will spend there hole day on there working place like the teachers, bankers, taxi drivers etc. So I think everyone has what takes most of his time everyday and that must bee your source of income because what take your time must be your source of income. Except the person is wasting time for nothing. What ever that takes a man time and doesn't brings money or add value to your life should not become something to be addicted to.

Whatever you are addicted to, and it's bringing food to the table continue, but if it doesn't bring food to the table and it's not adding value to your life you quit or reduce the level of addiction. And also what ever you are addicted to and it's bringing money don't overdo it, you should also have time for your family, friends and relations, but all will be timed scheduled.
Activity: 126
Merit: 40
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 14, 2024, 05:34:03 PM

Do you consider everyone who uses their mobile often as addicts? Or there is any other view you have?

Everything has its own time and importance. Here I am not talking about those who see the phone as a means that they benefit from in their daily life, such as work, study, and all other tasks that require a phone. Even these people know very well that the importance of the phone does not exceed the value of their daily tasks and the benefit of using it. I am talking about those who see the phone as important to the point of being unable to do without it, knowing that they spend all their time on websites and watching things that do not benefit them in any way, and we know very well that it negatively affects the brain and way of thinking and generates pressure and disruption in social relationships and isolation. Other negatives.
Merit: 14
March 14, 2024, 11:45:42 AM
Mobile phone is an important technological device in our daily use. which we use in our daily communication activities as well as entertainment. But nowadays the young generation has taken it as an addiction. If I consider daily working hours then many people spend more than 7 to 8 hours here just on social media scrolling chatting and doing entertainment activities. I use this device for work. I use a laptop and mobile phone for about 10 hours including my official work and personal work. I use it exclusively for work.
But what I would like to suggest for those who are addicted to mobile phones is awareness behavior of parents and participation in various sports and social activities through which they will stay away from mobile phone addiction.
Activity: 644
Merit: 152
March 14, 2024, 11:08:01 AM
i can't say that the majority of people are addicted to it, because as you said, smartphones are electronic devices that support various human activities and needs today, so many people are dependent on using smartphones because their needs are found in their smartphones.

it's a different case if a person is already addicted to it, meaning he or she can't get away from their smartphone and is tied to it every hour. the smartphone has disturbed sleeping, eating and various other activities, that can only be said to be an addiction. because addiction is different from a need. when you are addicted, you no longer know your priorities and only think about that.
Activity: 224
Merit: 35
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
March 14, 2024, 10:34:30 AM
Since the introduction of mobile phone the life of an individual changed completely and everything regarding our life is now attached to our mobile from banking, to personal contacts, relationship and everything....

Yes that is the truth of the current life of human always adapting to changes it's either the change is positive or negative, op said addictions for me I can't tag it addiction except it's of negative but in this case is of positive for many has gainfully change their life t I throw it's use by learning expanding of business and having some comfort and companion etc though stand to be corrected as my opinion.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 14, 2024, 08:53:47 AM
Exactly, nowadays we don't only use our phones to talk and text. Or browse and play. I use it a lot more for work-related things so definitely for a couple of hours daily. Honestly, I think this fact helps me not develop an addiction because sometimes I can't wait to leave my phone and get some rest. But the issue raised is real, kids are glued to their phones most of the time.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
March 14, 2024, 08:14:47 AM
Actually I think I spend more than 5 hours on my phone daily and I even use my other devices. But the thing is I don't use my mobile phone or my other devices solely for leisure. I use them for work and to read on things. I think we have reached a point where it is almost impossible to do anything without a device and the internet.

Nevertheless I still think we should be aware of our surroundings at all times and take some time off away from our phones. From time to time we should let our eyes and our minds rest. I suggest for those who are addicted to their phones is to try and take up a hobby that does not require the internet as much. Maybe some sports could help.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
March 14, 2024, 06:46:59 AM
First of all give us an explanation of Mobile phone addicts to give any suggestions.

Do you consider everyone who uses their mobile often as addicts? Or there is any other view you have?

Since the introduction of mobile phone the life of an individual changed completely and everything regarding our life is now attached to our mobile from banking, to personal contacts, relationship and everything....
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
March 14, 2024, 06:10:59 AM
Not that much but as long as I hear some notification of messages, that's when I typically check it.

Go outside and find some other ways of killing your time. There's more to life than screen time although it's really addicting and I've been there before but if you happen to have headache, then that only means your body is looking for outdoor activities for you to do other than browsing with your mobile phone.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
March 14, 2024, 05:11:27 AM
Hi community,

Constantly mate because I have a lot of transactions in my mobile because it is  my spare unit that i can access anything without being afraid of scammed or hacking.
and for those all addicted in mobile ? they must learn how to value their time and will only use with valuable thing and not just BS gaming or social media? then that is much better here.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 207
March 13, 2024, 09:39:15 PM
Hi community,

I'm not counting it but many times a day you know why? because i offed my notifications
and my vibration so if I am available  then I need to manually check if there is important  text
or messages that i need to entertain but that does not mean I am addicted.

My advise?  don't get a phone if you don't know how to properly use it and most of those
half you called addict are youngsters in which their parents should not let them hold all the time.
Merit: 40
March 13, 2024, 12:34:59 PM
Hi community,

Pages:
Jump to: