Pages:
Author

Topic: Modded(r9 380,r9 370),(r9 280x,270x),(r9 470x 480x) gpu's giving you~10-20% more - page 2. (Read 12228 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It was interesting to see the details for R380X how 31 mgsh.. it's almost like the beginning of mining ETH.. in August 2015 on R280x at 1200 MHz on the chip. By the way, this BIOS someone tried to 280x?
Activity: 588
Merit: 251

I'm calling bullshit on this.  Max theoretical speed for eth mining with a 256mbit bus @1625 is 208GB/8MB == 26Mh/s.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Friends! Help me about down voltage BIOS modify, where change registers? PC 380x Myst
Activity: 44
What is the idea of this mod?
Video memory timings are tuned?
Can be the same mod made with 7950/7970/280/280X ?
Activity: 59
Will this work on 2MB cards?
Activity: 50
Eliovp
I tried your BIOS . But no luck. Video card does not start . Returned to the original BIOS. Maybe you can edit my BIOS ? Can I write you a PM ? (380x, Elpida)

I tried today also his BIOS, but seems he uploaded an unmodified BIOS. I get less MH than the original BIOS. Perhaps he uploaded the original BIOS by mistake.

Nah, i uploaded a modified one. Trust me.

Bios is modified in such a way that you need to set specific clocks or it won't make any difference.
I can however do so that the speed changes on any clock you set.

Read a few posts up.

I'll quote it.

I've tested Eliovp's rom on 380X (GV-R938XG1)

GPU shows 21.3 MH with an official rom
With a new rom I've got 22.9 MH (Memory Clock 1650)
Though the system is unstable and there were couple reboots and driver crashes.

I ended up with Memory Clock 1600 and 22.6 MH so I'm going to see GPU performance with these settings for a while.

So just set your core clock to 950 and your memory clock to 1600
To compare, set those clocks with the stock rom, run your miner. Flash your card and do it over. You'll see a significant increase.

To everyone else.

The positive thing (in my case) about sharing roms now and then, for free, is that i can do mods whenever i feel like Wink

You can send me pm's, i don't mind, i'll reply when i find some time, but it's impossible for me to modify each and every one of your roms.
That doesn't mean that i don't want to though Smiley Just need some patience.

Or... you could put one up for sale, as soon as i see that, i'll put one up for free  Wink

Greetings!

Eliovp BIOS works very well and it takes ~30-35w less power compared to stock bios ^^ Only thing that there is a unlockable 4 CU's so we need same bios mod for 380x cards Smiley
Rig is 2x 380x with Eliovp bios mod and 1 sapphire radeon r9 290x trix OC full with MSI r9 290x original bios(speed is same (31.6mh/s) but consumes ~20w less power.
https://www.upload.ee/image/6051335/amdRIG.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Eliovp
I tried your BIOS . But no luck. Video card does not start . Returned to the original BIOS. Maybe you can edit my BIOS ? Can I write you a PM ? (380x, Elpida)

I tried today also his BIOS, but seems he uploaded an unmodified BIOS. I get less MH than the original BIOS. Perhaps he uploaded the original BIOS by mistake.

Nah, i uploaded a modified one. Trust me.

Bios is modified in such a way that you need to set specific clocks or it won't make any difference.
I can however do so that the speed changes on any clock you set.

Read a few posts up.

I'll quote it.

I ended up with Memory Clock 1600 and 22.6 MH so I'm going to see GPU performance with these settings for a while.

So just set your core clock to 950 and your memory clock to 1600
To compare, set those clocks with the stock rom, run your miner. Flash your card and do it over. You'll see a significant increase.

To everyone else.

The positive thing (in my case) about sharing roms now and then, for free, is that i can do mods whenever i feel like Wink

You can send me pm's, i don't mind, i'll reply when i find some time, but it's impossible for me to modify each and every one of your roms.
That doesn't mean that i don't want to though Smiley Just need some patience.

Or... you could put one up for sale, as soon as i see that, i'll put one up for free  Wink

Greetings!
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Eliovp

Activity: 73
Eliovp
Activity: 37

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
is there a mod for 380 strix with hynix modules?
legendary
Huh?
Eliovp
Hi!
I whant flash your BIOS to my PowerColor 380x. I trying ATIWinFlash, but got error - SubsystemID Mismatch. Can you help me?  Thanks !!!

Force it

atiflash -f -p 0 romname.rom

If you don't have a backup bios, and not absolutely sure you're willing to take the risk.
Don't do it.
Activity: 73
Eliovp
Hi!
I whant flash your BIOS to my PowerColor 380x. I trying ATIWinFlash, but got error - SubsystemID Mismatch. Can you help me?  Thanks !!!
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
why do people always, want to say or write something... while they have no clue about what they are talking about.

1750 mhz was just an example, i never said that your cards should be using that frequency.

The mod starts with 1600mhz, while giving you ~ 24mh

The mod i gave out for free :-)
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
why do people always, want to say or write something... while they have no clue about what they are talking about.

1750 mhz was just an example, i never said that your cards should be using that frequency.

The mod starts with 1600mhz, while giving you ~ 24mh
Activity: 14
do NOT waste time
almost all 380 cards can't run at 1750 for long
Activity: 7
I wrote a private message to ailikun, agreed to the deal, but then he disappeared and stopped answering messages.
legendary
Huh?
Hi @ailikun,

I have sent you a pm Smiley

Here:

Tested on a 380Nitro

Link

Completely free. No bullshit clocks of 1750.

just run at 1625, maybe max 1650 and core at 950.

Ps. Flashing your card will void your warranty. So don't do it if you can't afford to brick your card. (not that it won't, but still..)
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Hi @ailikun,

I have sent you a pm Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: