Pages:
Author

Topic: Moderation - page 2. (Read 452 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 07, 2019, 11:32:38 AM
But some moderator at Bitcointalk has decided that Bitconnect holders won't be allowed the same opportunity.

You're not allowed to promote your service by spamming it across other threads. Create your own thread and have at it.

So a mining pool isn't allowed to go into a coin's thread and mention that they've added that coin?

Nobody's allowed to mention when a coin is added to an exchange, unless they create a separate topic?

A dev isn't allowed to go into the old thread and announce that they've started a new thread?

When a coin is moving to a new blockchain, nobody's allowed to mention it in the old thread?  Only a new thread?

I've been here for years, you are incorrect.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
October 07, 2019, 11:30:12 AM
But some moderator at Bitcointalk has decided that Bitconnect holders won't be allowed the same opportunity.

You're not allowed to promote your service by spamming it across other threads. Create your own thread and have at it.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
October 07, 2019, 10:41:19 AM

Complains about being accused of ad spam, then ad spams x10 in the complaint.
I followed the link in your sig with interest, thanks for that, I'm very interested in the Armchair For Dining Room. Is it still available?
Barr.me lol.
Well, they took your advice.

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 07, 2019, 09:07:03 AM
I have an acquaintance in Shanghai, and I mentioned to him that I'm involved in altcoins.  He said he got stuck with a bag of Bitconnect.
I don't know much about Bitconnect, but BARR has been burning and redeeming altcoins since 2015.  So I looked up Bitconnect.

I made 2 posts about Bitconnect, asking if any holders would be interested in exchanging their coins for BARR.  Just 2 posts.
Then a user asked me a question, and I responded directly to the question.  That was my 3rd and final post about Bitconnect.

Then some angry person came into the topic threatening anyone who dared to post again in the topic, so I didn't post again.
Then I was banned for "ad spam", even though I didn't post again.  
A 7-day ban, and I can't even send messages or ask the moderators about it from that account.

Do the forum rules consider it "ad spam" to talk about a coin in that coin's topic?
Do the forum rules consider it "ad spam" to offer a way for people to recover funds that they were scammed out of?

If the moderators don't want anyone to talk about a certain coin, shouldn't they delete the topic instead of banning anyone who posts there?  
Or if it's against some rule to post in a certain topic, could they at least tell us the rule so we can avoid breaking it?
Do the forum rules allow moderators to ban coin devs and official dev accounts, for personal reasons, right before the devs are launching a new blockchain?

Was the person banned who repeatedly bumped the Bitconnect topic by posting "STOP BUMPING THIS TOPIC OR I'LL RUIN YOUR TRUST RATING!  THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING" ?
Is posting in that topic against the rules, or not?  Is bumping that thread against the rules?
Is it against the rules to spam the same thing repeatedly in the same topic?
If so, was that guy banned too?

I've seen plenty of devs here who launched coins, sold the premine, and abandoned the project within weeks.
And I continued to see those devs post here.  They didn't just spam posts, they spammed the entire world with scamcoins.
But that didn't get them banned here.  

And what have I done?
When the price of Bitcoin steadily declined for years,
and people were abandoning cryptocurrency by the thousands,
and altcoin exchanges were failing left-and-right,
and hundreds of blockchains stopped working - blockchains that were advertised here on Bitcointalk, where people lost millions of dollars -
during all of that, BARR made permanent changes across 12 blockchains and put a lot of money back into people's pockets.
Those people used that money to re-invest in crypto, instead of going broke and quitting.
Because of BARR, hundreds of people were able to contribute to the following boom.

There were at least 3 coins that were only traded at Cryptsy, that BARR redeemed and allowed people to sell.
When Cryptsy disappeared, every holder of those 3 coins lost 100% of their money -
either they couldn't get their coins out of Cryptsy, or they had the coins but couldn't exchange them anywhere.
But before that happened, everyone who wanted was able to burn their coins and get BARR, and then sell the BARR.

We burned 30% of the entire supply of Keycoin, before the Keycoin blockchain stopped working.  
We burned 33% of the entire supply of Fractalcoin, before the Fractalcoin blockchain stopped working.  
We burned 47% of the entire supply of Sapience AIFX, before the blockchain stopped working.
And we swapped those coins to a blockchain that has never stopped working.
BARR is the only way anyone got their money out, unless they sold their coins to someone else who got stuck with them and lost all their money.

Then Cagecoin, Unitus, Chaincoin, Lyrabar, and the list goes on.  We burned 11 Billion Bunnycoins, before the blockchain stopped working.

Not a single BARR holder has ever been unable to sell their BARR,
because I personally made sure there have always been buy orders for the past 4 years without interruption.
And I always let everyone know their options by posting at Bitcointalk.

So I don't know, it just seems like there are plenty of scammers they could be banning before they ban a coin with a spotless record.

Pages:
Jump to: