Pages:
Author

Topic: Modern art mistaken for rubbish rebuilt in Italy - page 2. (Read 2849 times)

Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Art or junk?

Everything is poetry,like one of our great Polish poet was saying,but it is kind of spiritual path
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Art or junk?

Pab
legendary
Well Pab, i was admiring this stuff years ago and had forgotten about it but it somehow came to mind when I saw that rubbish. Must have been subliminally searching for the 180 degrees opposite as artistic talent, quality and quantity of work is concerned.

So, I searched for 3d street art on YT

Best of 3D Street Art Illusion - Episode 1 - HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8tngtNgXl4

Ep.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IVFeD2jz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efRBegMr6GE

Google the same

http://www.3d-street-art.com/

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/absolutely-stunning-3d-street-art-paintings/

Et cetera.

Many thanks it is crazy wonderful,yet another 3d technology example,love3d
Well it does not look like an art piece but that's not that much important.
Art's purpose is to stimulate. It does not need to be likeable.

Well, you could have a dump on a piece of cardboard and present that as art. It would stimulate people for sure but I´m not sure about the purpose of that stimulation. I doubt that it´d elevate the spirit much.
I understand what you mean but yeah it is even true for dump. You don't even need to present it as art.
Art may irritate, it is new so-called modern art is like that. Purpose becomes irritation so.

Yes, and this is certainly an angle worth considering:

To be fair, the museum’s cleaners were presented with a genuine conceptual challenge. They were told to clean up after an evening event – get rid of the empty wine bottles, that sort of thing. Goldschmied and Chiari’s exhibition, a comment on the corruption of 1980s Italy that tried to evoke the decadence portrayed in Paolo Sorrentino’s film Il Divo about that same era, was a careful recreation of the aftermath of a party with lots of empty wine bottles everywhere. You can see how the confusion arose.

Yet, far from being a condemnation of contemporary art, this habit cleaners have of mistaking it for rubbish is proof of its enduring vitality, or at least, indestructible novelty. Artists have been bringing rubbish, the stuff of everyday life that we use and throw away, into the gallery for more than a century now – ever since Picasso stuck bits of newspaper and chair caning to his paintings.

Cleaners have presumably been throwing it away for more than 100 years, too. Most of the first readymades have vanished – modern icons such as Marcel Duchamp’s urinal, bicycle wheel, bottle rack and snow shovel were lost long ago and had to be remade in the 1960s. Were the originals simply chucked in the bin?

This art has been around for so long that, by rights, it ought to have become safe and cosy. In many ways it has. Visitors to Tate Modern stare respectfully at garden shrubberies or Duchamp’s (remade) pissoir. But still, the cleaners keep chucking stuff away – cussed working-class critics of modern art who are the last bastions of criticism now that Brian Sewell has gone.

Museums and artists don’t really mind. In Bolzano, they will just open another bottle. And why? Because as long as someone thinks modern art is rubbish, it is still provocative. It is still dangerous. Never mind that it sells for millions, and is enshrined with religious fervour in the world’s most powerful museums. Contemporary art may have all the hallmarks of establishment culture, but it is still Challenging, Subversive and Radical. It must be. The cleaners are still throwing it away.

http://www.theguardian.com/global/shortcuts/2015/oct/27/modern-art-is-rubbish-why-mistaking-artworks-for-trash-proves-their-worth
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

Well, you could have a dump on a piece of cardboard and present that as art. It would stimulate people for sure but I´m not sure about the purpose of that stimulation. I doubt that it´d elevate the spirit much.
I understand what you mean but yeah it is even true for dump. You don't even need to present it as art.
Art may irritate, it is new so-called modern art is like that. Purpose becomes irritation so.

Yes, but there is an important distinction to make here: for me, at least, the source of the irritation isn't the "dump" itself, and whatever feelings it may inspire (that is, the message the "artist" meant to transmit); the source of the irritation is the misguided notion that the "dump" is art (that the "artist" was unable to find an intelligent way to convey the message - you know, something that couldn't be replicated just as effectively by a chimp).
Well Pab, i was admiring this stuff years ago and had forgotten about it but it somehow came to mind when I saw that rubbish. Must have been subliminally searching for the 180 degrees opposite as artistic talent, quality and quantity of work is concerned.

So, I searched for 3d street art on YT

Best of 3D Street Art Illusion - Episode 1 - HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8tngtNgXl4

Ep.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IVFeD2jz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efRBegMr6GE

and to 8 I think

Google the same

http://www.3d-street-art.com/

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/absolutely-stunning-3d-street-art-paintings/

Et cetera.

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Pab
legendary
Julian Beever is another genius in this field. Here being rescued by Batman and Robin.

So great do you haveany links  to that kind of  art,if yes  can you post

Activity: 826
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Alternative title: Modern rubbish mistaken for art rebuilt in Italy
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Wow!

Say, I have an idea. Why not set up the art show over the local landfill.

Grin
Julian Beever is another genius in this field. Here being rescued by Batman and Robin.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Now; this is art. Street artist Edgar Müller at work on The Crevasse. It took the artist and five assistants five days to create the effect.

Now that is a beautiful work of art. It would be a shame if somebody tracked mud all over it lol.
What I think happened is that the supervisor told the cleaners, here take this picture - after we close up and you make the daily rounds you gather up the stuff and after you´ve wiped the floor you put it back as it was. It´s only going to be here for a month or so, no big deal. Then she left and they looked at each other and said no ####### way.
legendary
Activity: 1540
........ >_>   *rips up all his practice drawings of characters and throws a pile of dirt on a painting to sell as 'art' then takes it to a gallery*

I'm not fucking surprised in the slightest, these people will claim anything is art especially if they can sell it to idiots for a few thousand without actually having put any effort into it.

Without putting any effort into it, you say? Do you think it's easy to empty that many bottles of champagne? Tongue

I'm somewhat unconvinced this was an accident; I'm sure the exposition would have had visible information on what was being displayed and where, and a space properly set for it. Further, who would let just about anyone in to work without proper guidance and supervision, when there could be items worth thousands or maybe millions of dollars on display?

On the other hand, if this was done on purpose by the museum/"artists", perhaps in an effort to promote the work, it also carries with it quite a bit of bad publicity for the museum.

>_< *goes into a fit and strangles*

lol but seriously -_- those people drive me fucking nuts, oh and that OTHER artist is amazing, I've seen his work too, he's got a really good grasp on perspective drawing considering he can do all that on a floor no less.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
........ >_>   *rips up all his practice drawings of characters and throws a pile of dirt on a painting to sell as 'art' then takes it to a gallery*

I'm not fucking surprised in the slightest, these people will claim anything is art especially if they can sell it to idiots for a few thousand without actually having put any effort into it.

Without putting any effort into it, you say? Do you think it's easy to empty that many bottles of champagne? Tongue

I'm somewhat unconvinced this was an accident; I'm sure the exposition would have had visible information on what was being displayed and where, and a space properly set for it. Further, who would let just about anyone in to work without proper guidance and supervision, when there could be items worth thousands or maybe millions of dollars on display?

On the other hand, if this was done on purpose by the museum/"artists", perhaps in an effort to promote the work, it also carries with it quite a bit of bad publicity for the museum.
Pab
legendary
Now; this is art. Street artist Edgar Müller at work on The Crevasse. It took the artist and five assistants five days to create the effect.

Great,street painting,i had a friend who was doing street painting in Germany,street is the best gallery possible

Activity: 381
Merit: 250
A better representation would be imported american beer/liquor bottles on the floor.

haha i do not doubt it, btw i will never understand some art type, but this is because the art is the art, what is pretty cool for someone is a trash for you, in the end is a matter of taste, yes?
Pages:
Jump to: