Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Economy - page 2. (Read 43658 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 02:15:58 PM
I actually think that transaction fees will be enough to support the miners without subsidy, because the miners will only process transactions with the highest fees. This will turn transactions into bidding wars, and it will become extremely expensive to get a transaction included in a block.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127
Whimsical Pants
June 15, 2018, 09:12:29 AM
I am not one to really honestly give this contrarian metric very much weight, but the amount of bots and trolls in here right now is kinda surging. That last one is a repost from 2014.  Has not really aged that well either.
Activity: 196
June 14, 2018, 04:23:15 AM
I have heard about Monero Economy. A good market is worth a good coin. It has a certain place in the market and it will be much better in the future. Monero is a good Altcoin to invest.
Activity: 28
May 16, 2018, 08:49:14 AM
Bitcoin has perhaps 1 million users, probably fewer if one excludes coinbase-style services (see below), which is approximately 0%.
Activity: 40
May 14, 2018, 10:54:06 PM
I think that we don't have to make it impossible to mine with a botnet.  We just have to make it hard enough so that it is better for the botnet owner to mine another coin
May 08, 2018, 08:22:30 AM
I've heard that some countries want to ban Monero. Because he's anonymous and he's breaking the law. What does this threaten and how will this decision affect the price?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2018, 08:13:17 AM
I think since 100s of people have XMR trapped in mymonero wallet and its ran by a core dev they are suspecting the whole ecosystem is fraudulent
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
May 04, 2018, 06:51:13 AM
I actually think that transaction fees will be enough to support the miners without subsidy, because the miners will only process transactions with the highest fees. This will turn transactions into bidding wars, and it will become extremely expensive to get a transaction included in a block.

This is why I don't think a fixed block reward system will be sustainable long term, because as inflation trends to zero, miners will be less satisfied with the reward and become more picky with tx fees. We need a proportional (percentage based) inflation. However, I'm not sure how much would be suitable.

With the same concerns in mind, there should be a reasonable cap on transaction fees (perhaps as a percentage of block reward). Transactors shouldn't be able to pay a higher fee, as this encourages the issue.
Activity: 108
May 04, 2018, 06:50:37 AM
Some of us read them with great interest.  Especially when you write something with which I disagree.  Often however I agree, but not always.
Constructive criticism, by someone who is well meaning in that you really want to make the crypto currency project work, is difficult to hear for many reasons. 
People may disagree because they disagree with an assumption, or a conclusion, or because they have a vested interest in the conclusion being wrong.  In any of these, we have the opportunity to learn something.  In a disagreement, typically at least one side is wrong and can get corrected.  The other side, the side that was right, also gets to learn something as they have the opportunity to refine the message and delivery and also have the opportunity to have that discussion in public where the elements of the arguments are made plain.
At a certain point, we run out of time explaining, and need to move past the [problem identification and discussion] and into [problem solution].
Activity: 75
May 03, 2018, 12:53:29 AM
I would put my hand up for a fixed block reward model. To me it seems prefereable to a vanishing reward implementation.
Activity: 93
May 02, 2018, 07:51:11 AM
The unifying S curve shape is undeniable for decentralized adoption of technology. There are outliers, e.g. the clothes washer apparently got replaced by the laundrymat along the way and the initial wildwest of autos in the USA got replaced by well regulated government roads and licensing, but that isn't noise it is centralization.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 09:17:35 PM
"Best privacy coin - Monero" - comparison chart of all privacy coins
https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/166
Which maximize privacy, and which fall short? - message from CryptoIQ

Crypto.IQ Recommendation:
Monero
In our opinion, Monero is the clear choice amongst the privacy coins if you are looking for something that is fully private, fungible, and decentralized.
All of the other coins have some aspect that falls short of what Monero offers and can potentially put your privacy and security at risk.
One thing to note is that, due to Monero’s comprehensive privacy protocol, there is a real possibility of governments looking to find a way to crack down on the coin.
Its potential for use within illegal activity has attracted significant attention from the likes of the U.S. Government, so hedging your bet in this space with a pseudo-private alternative such as ZCash, Zcoin, or PIVX could be a good long-term strategy within the privacy sub-asset class.
Privacy coins have been a hot topic to start 2018, and we see them being major players in the ecosystem going forward. As always, we remind you that everyone should conduct their own due diligence whenever they invest in a crypto asset.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
April 29, 2018, 09:48:42 PM
The less fucks I give to the critics, the more fun I have, and everybody else around me. Let the others save the world with their preferred method, I am just happy!  Smiley
LOL we need critics sometimes to be able to live in the unsatisfactory world
Activity: 58
April 29, 2018, 09:39:16 PM
I'll point out the fact that high end CPU computing power (thru cloud based technology) is moving computing power AWAY from the end user.  It doesn't matter if I'm on a tablet or a high end $2,000 gaming desktop - more and more of my work is crunched by cloud computing.  Corporate servers are moving to AWS, Microsoft SQL Server is moving to Azure.  Email moving from exchange to gmail.  It's being centralized from both end users AND corporate levels to global centralized computing power.
The computing power may still be held by the masses but we are shifting to low computing power devices (iPhone's, iPad's, etc) while the computing power is shifting to more and more centralized places.  I see tons of white trash who've never owned a computer using tablets now. 
High end CPU's are more of a consumer niche than they are consumer mainstream.  More so now than 5 years ago.  Mainstream will belong to power sipping low powered processors for tablets, phones, cheap laptops, etc
March 17, 2018, 05:49:04 PM
I think Monero is a really solid project, but IMO there are a lot of competitors. For example there is  a fairly new project called DeepOnion and it has been distributing its coins via airdrop, it has a strong community and pretty original features so I would really recommend checking it out. It has a few weeks of airdrop left too!
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 07:37:07 AM
2 da m00n !!!
(somebody had to post it Tongue )

On a serious note: I don't think it is overvalued at the moment.

Its really not overvalued and it can still have big chance to grow in value. Dont stop hoping everybody.
Actually i dont have monero right now, but i have believe that monero can be to the moon.
Activity: 63
February 13, 2018, 07:34:01 AM
Guys, wanna change my xmr to eth...what platform would you suggest? I was advised to try bestrate.org , cause it will pick the best rate among the most popular exchanges platorms..but I've never heard about..Has anyone tried?

bestrate. org is the most suitable platfrom now, as I think. And if you want to echange big som it's even better to use it. So, try and don't worry. It will pick the highest rate for you among Changelly, ShapeShift, Evercoin, Bittrex, Poloniex and others

What principe does BestRate.org have when it charges the fee? Why, as you said, it's the most suitable for exchange XMR?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 06:52:37 AM
Guys, wanna change my xmr to eth...what platform would you suggest? I was advised to try bestrate.org , cause it will pick the best rate among the most popular exchanges platorms..but I've never heard about..Has anyone tried?

bestrate. org is the most suitable platfrom now, as I think. And if you want to echange big som it's even better to use it. So, try and don't worry. It will pick the highest rate for you among Changelly, ShapeShift, Evercoin, Bittrex, Poloniex and others
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 07, 2018, 05:15:17 AM
Monero rushed down and crossed out hopes of a new wave of growth. Analysis from 31 Jan to 6 Feb is closure of the day below the important level of $ 280 (the middle of the big wave of growth from 80 to 480) and the minimum closing of the day for 6 weeks - all this is a strong bearish signal. I recommend  to sell.
Activity: 56
February 07, 2018, 04:50:06 AM
 I think it is more correct to say that the price and cost of production tend to converge.
Pages:
Jump to: