Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero to PoS? - page 2. (Read 140 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
February 13, 2023, 12:46:26 PM
Monero has multiple workgroups. So I won't be surprised if Monero decides to move to POS. Anyway Monero uses a CPU only algorithm for mining to have increased network participation. To increase it even further, they can surely move to POS.

But I have not seen any such proposal in their blog or in any news yet. So if you ask for possibility, it is possible but if you ask for plan, I don't see any!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 13, 2023, 12:02:51 PM
Many of today's altcoins are switching to PoS just to increase on-chain performance and reduce energy consumption in the long run. I know PoS makes the Blockchain centralized, but it seems like the path crypto is heading to in the future (except Bitcoin). Would you imagine Monero becoming a PoS coin someday? Or at least a hybrid coin making use of both PoW and PoS consensus algorithms? Having a full-fledged privacy coin like Monero turning to PoS would be the first of its kind in the crypto/Blockchain space. I'd prefer XMR to stay PoW forever just like BTC, but you never know if developers change their mind sometime in the future. Even Zcash proposed the transition to PoS.

Do you think there's a possibility Monero will switch to PoS? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: