Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero vs Zcash- who wins? - page 2. (Read 187 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 13
June 24, 2021, 02:09:51 PM
Pretty simple, Monero. If you really care about privacy you use monero.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 102
June 24, 2021, 01:56:07 PM
Comparing these two coins is indeed very interesting to discuss, because they are both anonymous coins,
when compared to both according to technology, according to both they are equally good,
but users in the cryptocurrency world prefer Monero over Zcash, but in terms of investment, I more likely to recommend to ZEC,
because the percentage of profit that will be obtained is very large compared to XMR, try buying 1 coin only, and Hold
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
June 24, 2021, 12:56:26 PM
...Monero is superior to Zcash.
IRS offered a bounty to anyone who can crack Monero's privacy. I don't think there is anything else to add there hehe.

I am wondering if anyone can provide some Pros and Cons between the two?
I cannot give you the pros and cons but I just want to show you this,

Importantly, the privacy provided by Zcash does not prevent regulated entities from fulfilling their regulatory obligations, including customer due diligence, transaction monitoring, record-keeping, and reporting suspicious transactions. Zcash was designed to facilitate compliance with the FATF “Travel Rule”, with an encrypted memo field that allows required originator and beneficiary information to be attached to virtual asset transfers between VASPs.
- https://z.cash/compliance/

So you should probably just choose XMR if you are after anonymity and BTC for traceable payments or transfers.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
June 24, 2021, 11:38:22 AM
I am a firm believer/supporter in these types of anonymous currencies being available. There are a lot of upsides to having an anonymous currency and it doesn't have to do anything with illegalities. 

The downside of these types of anonymous currencies is greater than the upside. It opens the path of Inglourious criminal activity like money laundering, drug deal, terrorist fundings more easily. These are some main problems in our society so we should not allow something that will make things worsen.

That being said I've come to learn that it seems like Monero and Zcash are the two most trusted/respected of the anonymous currencies.  From what I've read and been told by friends who know was they are talking about is that Monero is superior to Zcash.  I am wondering if anyone can provide some Pros and Cons between the two?

Actually, it depends on how you see it. Monero transaction is fully anonymous and there's nothing you can do about it. On the other hand in Zcash you can select a normal transaction or an anonymous one. Zcash gives a better option to choose from.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
June 24, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Monero is the best anonymous coin because its algorithm ensures secure payments by default.
The best development team, some of which are still anonymous.
The ecosystem of the coin is very large, and everyone is already used to it.
And the market doesn't need many anonymous competitors.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
June 24, 2021, 10:56:59 AM
I recently came across a video from Edward Snowden where he was talking shit about bitcoin due to it's privacy aspects, or I should say lack thereof.  Personally I do not want bitcoin to ever become a fully private/anonymous payment system such as Monero and Zcash.  My personal feelings are if many countries throughout this world do not even allow for basic freedoms such as women being able to drive or vote, then they sure as hell are not going to allow exchanges to operate within their borders which offer these currencies. 

I am a firm believer/supporter in these types of anonymous currencies being available. There are a lot of upsides to having an anonymous currency and it doesn't have to do anything with illegalities. 

That being said I've come to learn that it seems like Monero and Zcash are the two most trusted/respected of the anonymous currencies.  From what I've read and been told by friends who know was they are talking about is that Monero is superior to Zcash.  I am wondering if anyone can provide some Pros and Cons between the two?
Pages:
Jump to: